Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6540 6541 [6542] 6543 6544 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549604 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98115 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:32 am »

It is inadvisable to store useful information on your own DNA. Your DNA holds the information for "make human", and messing with that would not end well.

Eh, the vast majority if your DNA is junk. Make sure not to include the "make a protein out of this section" sequence and you can mess around with it without too much consequence.
No it is not. The vast majority (~90%) is identical from human to human, but that is because that is the part that you need to, you know, be alive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98116 on: January 25, 2013, 01:45:56 am »

Just because it's identical doesn't mean it's necessary. That just means it doesn't get changed willy-nilly.

It's called noncoding DNA. And I was wrong, it's only half your genome.

edit: Actually, it looks more useful than I remember it being. I'm going to guess I'm wrong here.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:47:39 am by penguinofhonor »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98117 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:00 am »

I don't think anyone was suggesting it, anyway.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #98118 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:42 am »

In LCS I somehow managed to vindicate all of my liberals up for trial, with 4 sleeper judges, $10,000, and sleeper lawyer. Impressive given I had six people up in one go, and most of them were counts of mass-murder, terrorism, escaping jail, the whole shebang. AND former member's testified in 2 of them.

150 counts of murder doesn't mean as much as it used to.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98119 on: January 25, 2013, 02:55:09 am »

Just because it's identical doesn't mean it's necessary. That just means it doesn't get changed willy-nilly.

It's called noncoding DNA. And I was wrong, it's only half your genome.

edit: Actually, it looks more useful than I remember it being. I'm going to guess I'm wrong here.

Yeah, we're discovering that a lot of non-coding genes that we thought were just junk are actually modifiers to other genes, changing how they express, defining the conditions under which they express, etc.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98121 on: January 25, 2013, 10:49:45 am »

In LCS I somehow managed to vindicate all of my liberals up for trial, with 4 sleeper judges, $10,000, and sleeper lawyer. Impressive given I had six people up in one go, and most of them were counts of mass-murder, terrorism, escaping jail, the whole shebang. AND former member's testified in 2 of them.

150 counts of murder doesn't mean as much as it used to.
To be fair, "Innocent until proven guilty" apparently means a whole hell of a lot more in LCS than it means in real life. If you were convicted simply because you're accused of horrible crimes, then it would be a severe miscarriage of justice(real life or LCS)... although the practice of that in real life is a bit less than ideal.

That said, how'd you beat a jailbreak charge? I thought that was automatic guilty?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98122 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:18 am »

SNOW. Like, real snow, not that sleety icy crap we usually get. Looks like 25F will probably be the high temp for the day, which is about ten degrees colder than was expected. Which changes accumulations considerably, since you get a lot more snow out of a given accumulation of rain.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98123 on: January 25, 2013, 11:42:49 am »

Boone is expecting so much snow that ASU is shutting down afternoon classes preemptively.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98124 on: January 25, 2013, 11:45:52 am »

And we're expecting the snow to melt by tomorrow/day after :(

WICH IS FRIKKIN AWESOME, WOOO!

E:

Oh, AND MY CAT IS FINE! Yay :D
His gums are inflamed, but he got antibiotics now. Yay!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98125 on: January 25, 2013, 11:49:43 am »

No snow and healthy cat.

Both are really awesome things :D
Happy for the Happy Throne!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98126 on: January 25, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

Here's a picture of him. I already posted it here before, but it's so cute.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98127 on: January 25, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

He's going to kill you in your sleep.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98128 on: January 25, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »

But then he would have to get a new servant, and I assume miauw has been doing a tolerable job.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98129 on: January 25, 2013, 12:08:32 pm »

But then he would have to get a new servant, and I assume miauw has been doing a tolerable job.
He's using the internet. I'm gonna assume he's slacking off to find the time for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6540 6541 [6542] 6543 6544 ... 13312