Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6543 6544 [6545] 6546 6547 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376161 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98160 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:39 am »

It bothers me that yahoo japan is so large. Is Yahoo popular in Japan?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98161 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:35 am »

Drinking root beer from a tap. This stuff is probably bad for my body, especially the amount I've been drinking, but it's soooo delicious...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98162 on: January 26, 2013, 05:51:20 am »

http://internet-map.net/
Searchable map of the interwebs; colored by nationality, sized by web traffic, positioned by links between them. It even has bay12games and bay12forums. :D
This is slightly wtf.
When you click a site, you can see it's global rank, rank in country and % of internet users that visit that site. (strangely, google only has 46%). Well, the country rank of B12 is india. I don't even...?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98163 on: January 26, 2013, 05:52:20 am »

http://internet-map.net/
Searchable map of the interwebs; colored by nationality, sized by web traffic, positioned by links between them. It even has bay12games and bay12forums. :D
This is slightly wtf.
When you click a site, you can see it's global rank, rank in country and % of internet users that visit that site. (strangely, google only has 46%). Well, the country rank of B12 is india. I don't even...?
AL HAIL JAPA, PRES OF THE ANTI-PANT FACTION!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98165 on: January 26, 2013, 12:42:12 pm »

All you people who are rejoicing about snow don't have 30 inches of it on the ground. I'm pretty sure that's an underestimate, too. My two theories are that the snow on the bottom is packed down from the weight of the snow on the top, or the wind has been shaving off an inch or so every day. When I went to Applebees with my hall last night, it took a good half hour to dig out the van of the guy who was driving.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98166 on: January 26, 2013, 01:11:34 pm »

Remember that that big Google circle doesn't seem to include...

google.ae (0.212%)
google.ca (1.6%)
google.fr (2.664%)
google.de (3.239%)
google.ie (0.219%)
google.com.br (2.231%)
google.com.ar (0.680%)
google.com.hk (3.764%)
google.co.in (4.724%)
google.cn (0.918%)
google.co.vn (0.399%)
google.ru (1.988%)

et cetera. I missed dozens upon dozens of other countries, including some pretty big ones. Google is huuuuuuuuge.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98167 on: January 26, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

It's scary how the Google bubble is comparable to the Facebook bubble o_o

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98168 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »

Eh, the facebook bubble doesn't hold a candle to the ~75% (estimate) of users that Google attracts.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98169 on: January 26, 2013, 02:23:09 pm »

Haha, looking at this, the fifth most common search leading to B12 is for Aurora. It's true, though, a google search turns up our thread on it first, then a bunch of shitty flash games if you're not familiar with the keywords you need to find the Aurora forums.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98170 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:16 pm »

Haha, looking at this, the fifth most common search leading to B12 is for Aurora. It's true, though, a google search turns up our thread on it first, then a bunch of shitty flash games if you're not familiar with the keywords you need to find the Aurora forums.
Yeah, but you're a B12er, so google automatically puts B12 higher on your list. Go to the library and try again, see what happens.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98171 on: January 26, 2013, 02:36:51 pm »

Yeah, but you're a B12er, so google automatically puts B12 higher on your list. Go to the library and try again, see what happens.

What I was getting at is that it edged in over things like dfhack, which are directly associated with B12 and DF. I knew that the associated chatter was subjective, though it should be noted that the search is still flooded with shitty flash games if you use a search engine that doesn't track your activity (as much as google). No library necessary.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98173 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »

I have found two arguments on youtube that were peacfully resolved so far.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 6543 6544 [6545] 6546 6547 ... 13310