Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6585 6586 [6587] 6588 6589 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14499046 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98790 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:51 pm »

My legs are in utter pain and I have blisters on my feets! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98791 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:46 pm »

Watching the Colbert Report. Colbert is talking about a specific incident where a driver said, "I just realized I'm Jesus Christ and I can do whatever I want." He then proceeded to ram a man in between his car and another car. He got out and put a woman who was trying to help into a headlock.
Then magic happened. A homeless hitchhiker with a hatchet (Alliteration ftw) came in and... Hatchet'd the 'Jesus' guy. I am unsure if this means to death or just to unconsciousness. But still. First time in human history someone has said, "Man, I'm glad that homeless hitchhiker had a hatchet..."
Ah, Comedy Central, why you so good to me?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98792 on: February 05, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »

Watching the Colbert Report. Colbert is talking about a specific incident where a driver said, "I just realized I'm Jesus Christ and I can do whatever I want." He then proceeded to ram a man in between his car and another car. He got out and put a woman who was trying to help into a headlock.
Then magic happened. A homeless hitchhiker with a hatchet (Alliteration ftw) came in and... Hatchet'd the 'Jesus' guy. I am unsure if this means to death or just to unconsciousness. But still. First time in human history someone has said, "Man, I'm glad that homeless hitchhiker had a hatchet..."
So THAT'S what people were talking about in the WTF thread...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98793 on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »

So THAT'S what people were talking about in the WTF thread...

To the WTF thread!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98794 on: February 05, 2013, 11:58:20 pm »

This doesn't really necessarily make me happy, but it's relevant to what I was talking about and I don't use any emotion threads aside from this and the sad one on principle.

Ringworld is seriously fucking with my brain.  Not just the actual description of the world itself, though that's a big issue.  I can't visualize it, I have to mentally "zoom in" on the characters and their immediate surroundings because my brain just won't process the rest of the world in the way it's supposed to.  When I imagine myself standing in the middle and looking around, the walls are probably only a hundred miles away.  In reality, of course, you could peel the Earth and lay its crust out flat on the center of the ring's inner surface, and at no point on the Earth's surface would you be able to look out and see the walls, it's that fucking ridiculously big.  My brain just isn't equipped to visualize this shit.

On a less "oh god it's full of stars" but still pretty annoying/refreshing level, the way the book doesn't bother with a reader proxy, and just plays out the customs of these aliens like it's no big, makes some parts of the book pretty tough to understand.  I've had to reread several portions to figure out what the hell's going on.  Good book, though.  That makes me happy, at least.
Shoes...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98795 on: February 06, 2013, 12:34:53 am »

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am
Oh no, no
I'm a hatchet man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98796 on: February 06, 2013, 12:38:38 am »

This applies to so much else too!  It explains why I can't write fiction, or learn to program, or any of the other things I want to do!  I don't actually want to do them, I just want to already have done them!  Maybe I'll take care of those issues before long as well.

Learning to program is vastly improved by having an actual project you want to achieve. Don't try and read and memorize some whole reference guide, start making something and research / ask around anytime you're stuck. You'll pick up the bits as you go, and the goal helps to keep you motivated (start with something small though)
This, but don't start by a big project, or you'll get disappointed by the lack of progress. Start with little programs, that may have relatively low usefulness, but that you can achieve, in, say, a week. Seeing improvements in your code is a big help.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98797 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:30 am »

Put Cave Story on this machine, and now I'm working on replaying it. Because I've beaten it before, but not through Hell.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98798 on: February 06, 2013, 02:38:41 am »

FINALLY DONE WITH MATH ASSIGNMENT FROM HELL

About 20 hours of time went into it >_______<

If this is representative of the rest of the semester I am totally boned. Now, precious, precious sleep. Maybe in the morning I will remember how to algebra so that I won't make all the dumb mistakes that slowed me down so much.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98799 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:49 am »

Tsk, not nearly enough tildes and semi-coherent statements about house owner childcare gardening. ~~~~Or about the greatest game ever!!~~~~
Needs more HOHOHO~~~

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98800 on: February 06, 2013, 10:49:45 am »

One more day of school to go, and I'll be free for slightly over a week.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #98801 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:09 am »

Tax returns. :D
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98802 on: February 06, 2013, 10:54:44 am »

If you haven't seen it already, this is entirely worth watching for an hour and half, and it is hilarious.
And Jimmy Carr.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #98803 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:18 am »

Just got a call from coursemate and she told me that she will talk with our professors tomorrow and see if I can take the exams at some other time (next week).

Now I only need to get rid of this damn flu.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Pages: 1 ... 6585 6586 [6587] 6588 6589 ... 13311