Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6587 6588 [6589] 6590 6591 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14514238 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98820 on: February 06, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »

Turtles are just plain awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98821 on: February 06, 2013, 09:35:34 pm »

Sweet reptilians of the Caribbeans! That is adorable!
Fixed. :P
And agreed.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98822 on: February 06, 2013, 10:33:17 pm »

Friend wanted me to run some Ethernet cable through his wall.  There was already a hole drilled but the cable wouldn't fit with the heads attached.

So I offered to take the head on one end off, feed the wire through the hole and attach a new head on the other side.  He did not think I could do that.  But told me to see if there was anything I could do.

I brought my tools next visit and left with my friend significantly more impressed with my abilities.  I did make one mistake by assuming the wire was A standard when the other end ended up being B.  But in the end my friend had a functional Ethernet cord running through his wall. 

5 years after I last made an Ethernet cable and I was still able to do it.  And other than that standard mismatch there were no mistakes.  Every wire in the cable made good connection every time with my little cheap tester confirming it.  Confidence boosters like that are nice from time to time.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #98823 on: February 06, 2013, 10:42:28 pm »

It has been on my mind on and off for a few days about raising any children I may have bilinguilly. I could always raise them speaking something useful, like Portuguese or German (which I don't know yet).

But then it crossed my mind that something cooler might be called for. Apparently, there is one recorded case in the modern era of someone attempting to raise a Latin-speaker: a Harvard professor. Unfortunately, the mother spoke English, and after some time the girl cottoned on to the fact that Latin was useless and demanded he speak the way Mommy spok; et illus finis illi fuit.

It struck me that a way to get around this would be if the mother was also on board, either speaking Latin or something else completely useless (Ancient Greek, perhaps).

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98824 on: February 06, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »

Snowboarding session the Third: I think I've got this down now. I can turn at will, avoid obstacles, brake, and get down a slope without falling at all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98825 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:08 am »

It has been on my mind on and off for a few days about raising any children I may have bilinguilly. I could always raise them speaking something useful, like Portuguese or German (which I don't know yet).

But then it crossed my mind that something cooler might be called for. Apparently, there is one recorded case in the modern era of someone attempting to raise a Latin-speaker: a Harvard professor. Unfortunately, the mother spoke English, and after some time the girl cottoned on to the fact that Latin was useless and demanded he speak the way Mommy spok; et illus finis illi fuit.

It struck me that a way to get around this would be if the mother was also on board, either speaking Latin or something else completely useless (Ancient Greek, perhaps).

Klingon. As language hierarchies go Latin would almost certainly be preferable, even to a young child.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98826 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:52 am »

Had a successful second date :)  Lots of cuddling, things occurred.  Not bragging, I swear, just happy.  Also leaving this link here, it's related and of good taste <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98827 on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:39 am »

Why did I write 3 pages of fluff for a Magitek Knight base class, a concept which anybody who's ever so much as touched an FF6 cartridge understands already. Who knows? It's done now, although as per my usual idiom I've taken only the barest outline of the original concept and adapted it brutally. The fluff could be of higher quality, but eh, sleep deprivation and caffeine zombie-ism do a number on that kind of thing. I'm just happy I got the fucker converted from thoughts to text.

Link, for those who are interested and who will therefore probably quote me, asking for a link.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98830 on: February 07, 2013, 02:09:39 am »

toad-edit: leaving the thread for general joy-spreading purposes, but I removed the name of the spammed game

HOHOHOHOHO~~~

This is epic. Thank you, Toady. You are magnificent. HOHOHO~~~
Pattonquoting in 3, 2, 1...
Toady, you magnificent bastard, I read your FORUMS!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98831 on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:01 am »

Welp, the thread's been locked~

And I got my last bits of insanity and mind-spiralling in just as it was locked~

:3c
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98832 on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:59 am »

And I got my last bits of insanity and mind-spiralling in just as it was locked~

Let's not talk about that thread here. This is a happy place.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98833 on: February 07, 2013, 02:14:00 am »

As a source of forbidden knowledge that drives readers insane, what is this thing attempting to muscle in on my territory?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98834 on: February 07, 2013, 02:15:08 am »

My mind-spiral is my happy.

I quite like that last post, actually. "Great for a bumper sticker, just doesn't... mean anything." and "what if you were a giraffe on the mooooooooon?" are some of my better rhetorics~

MIND SPIRAAAAAL
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 6587 6588 [6589] 6590 6591 ... 13311