Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6593 6594 [6595] 6596 6597 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14529496 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98910 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

Been on an irresponsible Mount & Blade binge for the last week or so.  Never played this game out to completion before, and I'm determined to do it this time.  Playing the Prophesy of Pendor mod.  Trying to keep all the factions on even footing with each other, so that none of them are overwhelming later.  Building up favor in all the villages.  Character has a good set of equipment, and is getting strong enough to be an independent powerhouse in battles.  I've built him up as a horse archer, because early on in the game some god randomly decided to manifest himself as a kick-ass bow and appear in my inventory.  I can shoot with decent accuracy at full gallop and drop almost anybody in two hits.  I'm starting to challenge moderate-size lord parties.

Fun stuff.  I feel like I'm almost ready to take a castle and declare myself an independent faction.  This is about the point where I've always quit in the past, because I try for it too early and get obliterated.  Being patient this time.  My biggest problem right now is figuring out what the hell you're supposed to do to foster good relations with the Noldor.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98911 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:02 pm »

It's computer graphics, and not a photo. That's what's notable about it.

The ears give it away too (I have no idea what's up with his right ear; maybe he has a hearing aid in?).
Yes, that is a hearing aid. My aunt wears one exactly like it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98912 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:02 pm »

I am really considering buying warband on steam, but I just need more justification to front up the money for it. Does anyone know if M&B is better than the original?

In all things you were. In nothing you become.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #98913 on: February 07, 2013, 11:06:41 pm »

Well there's a new faction, some new items, better AI, the ability to start your own faction, the ability to enfeoff your companions, a bunch of new mods (Diplomacy is my favorite), an expansion pack with guns, and obviously, multiplayer.

Always seemed well worth it to me.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98914 on: February 07, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »

I am really considering buying warband on steam, but I just need more justification to front up the money for it. Does anyone know if M&B is better than the original?

I think so.  They nerfed Mounted Archer AI so that they no longer circle and whittle down enemies from a distance, which really annoys me.  I haven't played the original in forever, so that's the only thing I can remember that isn't an improvement.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:13:31 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #98915 on: February 07, 2013, 11:08:41 pm »

Mamlukes are still kickass, though. You can kill anyone with an army of a hundred mamlukes.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98916 on: February 07, 2013, 11:13:49 pm »

Today was a very interesting day. Starts off and my swing partner chooses a song that I am greatly enjoying.

I had three people literally rolling on the floor laughing at the same time.

Finally this exchange also took place:

"Your beard is gone... You're pretty."

About five minutes later. "You're pretty"

After another five minutes "Did you know you're really pretty?"

To which I of course responded "Yeah, I know." Which again caused its fair bit of laughter.

That and for some reason the physical affection and compliments have been way up the past couple of weeks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98917 on: February 07, 2013, 11:21:08 pm »

My biggest problem right now is figuring out what the hell you're supposed to do to foster good relations with the Noldor.
I THINK there are these gem things you can find that help, but I have no idea how to do it. Whether they work, what you do with them, or you find them.

Another way would be helping them in battles.

I don't know if they nerfed this in PoP, but there is a broken-ass trade-route that can net you a tonne of money really easily. It's broken because the two cities are incredibly close to each other, you trade iron bars from Rane to Ravenstern, in the Kingdom of Ravenstern. Can net you like 500-1000 gold per run, in pure profit. Maybe more.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:23:18 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98918 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »

Today was a very interesting day. Starts off and my swing partner chooses a song that I am greatly enjoying.

I had three people literally rolling on the floor laughing at the same time.

Finally this exchange also took place:

"Your beard is gone... You're pretty."

About five minutes later. "You're pretty"

After another five minutes "Did you know you're really pretty?"

To which I of course responded "Yeah, I know." Which again caused its fair bit of laughter.

That and for some reason the physical affection and compliments have been way up the past couple of weeks.
You know, we have a photo share thread.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98919 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »

Just watched an episode of Fawlty Towers.

Was amused briefly. :)

Back to being depressed. :(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98920 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »

My biggest problem right now is figuring out what the hell you're supposed to do to foster good relations with the Noldor.
I THINK there are these gem things you can find that help, but I have no idea how to do it. Whether they work, what you do with them, or you find them.

Another way would be helping them in battles.

I don't know if they nerfed this in PoP, but there is a broken-ass trade-route that can net you a tonne of money really easily. It's broken because the two cities are incredibly close to each other, you trade iron bars from Rane to Ravenstern, in the Kingdom of Ravenstern. Can net you like 500-1000 gold per run, in pure profit. Maybe more.

It's Senderfall to Ravenstern.  Yeah, I abused that quite a bit.  Built up a nice excel sheet of prices, and determined a few good trade routes.  That one is by far the best.

I've hit the point now, though, where battles are more profitable than trade.

I haven't seen anything about Qualis gems in relation to Noldor.  Have no idea how you're supposed to find those, anyway.  I'm only recently starting to see Noldor about on the map, and found the region most populated with them.  Soon, I'm just going to start stalking them for opportunities to help out in battle.  I already managed to do this once, but I had to fight against the faction I was currently working as mercenary for.  They didn't seem to hold it against me very much.  Still getting paid :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98921 on: February 08, 2013, 12:13:50 am »

Qualis gems are hidden in cities, I think. There's one in Ravenstern, IIRC. Near the... stables? I think?

You should find a box fairly hidden, like in some hay.

I'd like to see that excel sheet, if you don't mind and still have it! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98922 on: February 08, 2013, 12:16:35 am »

I found the Python tutorial for making a rougelike and I understand it! This almost never happens.

In unrelated news, I found a spare bit of retroreflective tape and now have a creepy reflective ghost on my wall.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #98923 on: February 08, 2013, 12:28:21 am »

Looking for summer job/internship in my area, came across this:

http://beawesomer.com/

I don't care if they make facebook games that is one fucking motivating video. Do want job.
Wow, that is an awesome video, on par with Old Spice. If it weren't for the fact it's about making facebook games, I'd say Kixeye looks like a pretty cool, genre-savvy game developer. Unfortunately, they make facebook games. All their previous history seems more than respectable according to wikipedia, except for where they decided to turn to putting their games up on facebook. Gah. At least they're doing better than Zynga, so that's points for them.

In other news, I wanted to facepunch that kid so hard his mom's womb would feel it and wince.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98924 on: February 08, 2013, 02:03:18 am »

Is there logo the zynga logo being fucked?

Nevermind, I'm stupid
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:09:49 am by Japa »
Pages: 1 ... 6593 6594 [6595] 6596 6597 ... 13312