Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14543269 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99570 on: February 19, 2013, 11:39:40 pm »

Despite the time crunch I saw Thor and the Avengers recently and now have an enormous stupid crush on the pretty guy who plays Loki, so that's kind of fun.

Lolololol etc. Have you seen Tumblr since the Thor/Avengers showings? You're not alone.

Come on, the thin, dark haired intellectual who is outcast by his family and shadowed by his masculine, blond brother? Who wouldn't love him? He is the embodiment of geek awesome.

Anyway, Tom Hiddleston may be a sexy man, but I still prefer Ben Barnes or even Benedict Cumberbatch.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99571 on: February 19, 2013, 11:48:44 pm »

I need to get off soon and work (though I do intend to post intermittently for a while), so I will only address the fanboy-related concerns (but seriously, Janet, congratulations!  I'm really happy for you!):

Benedict Cumberbatch

No, I hate that man's nose.

In more seriousness, I dislike Sherlock as an adaptation (the mysteries are full of plot holes, random meanness that I've stopped finding funny, some nontrivial racism problems), and I haven't yet seen him play any role I really liked.  If he does a good job in the next Star Trek I might agree with you, but I'd want to see him play a character I liked better first.

(... Damn, you're right, Ben Barnes is attractive.  I'd never seen him before, but he's really pretty nice)

Lolololol etc. Have you seen Tumblr since the Thor/Avengers showings? You're not alone.

I know, I'M SO EMBARRASSED!  But it's in a fun way, because I've never really had a celebrity crush before.  Tall, cheeky men with gentle voices, yes please :d

I know I'm not alone--seriously, people are even writing about him in the girls' bathrooms in the bottom of the math building.  That NEVER happens.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #99572 on: February 19, 2013, 11:49:56 pm »

Nice to hear from you, Vector :)  I appreciate that you pop in from time to time.

Not much going on here.  I'm coming up on some possibilities for massive life change.  Spouse is in her last semester of school and I'm doing 3d work for an unfunded game studio startup that may or may not end up going anywhere.

Besides a couple people disappearing, things here don't feel like they're changing much.  Was Ein really involved in some kind of crisis?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99573 on: February 19, 2013, 11:58:22 pm »

I don't know. I just remember hearing a few things suggesting Ein vanished because of something bad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #99574 on: February 19, 2013, 11:59:15 pm »

I remember she got muted and I dunno that she was ever really active again after that. I thought I heard about some stuff going on in her personal life, though.

edit: Vector, sometime later you will have to elaborate on why Sherlock might not be the best thing ever. Because I haven't seen it yet and I must be a sick sick man, but the idea it has serious problems makes me more inclined to actually watch it than all the praise I've been hearing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:07:54 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99575 on: February 20, 2013, 12:08:01 am »

Hey Vector, and all.  I don't think I've actually posted in this thread in months.  Or almost anywhere for that matter.  But I am technically still here.

I need more things to post being excited about.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99576 on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:37 am »

Hey Vector, and all.  I don't think I've actually posted in this thread in months.  Or almost anywhere for that matter.  But I am technically still here.

Aqizzar I am sending you cake.

Pie flavored cake.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99577 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:23 am »

After years of lore-building I finally launched my Hyperion:Unlimited RP! Woo! It only took me thirteen years of lore-building and two subsequent multiverses of opposing genres before I got around to bringing a fragment of material to light. »_»

Time to sleep like a baby whilst dreaming of Lovecraftian horrors. :)

((For the curious, OOC and IC threads abound.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #99578 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:04 am »

You were posting rather frequent positive updates about your job a while back.  That still going well?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99579 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:34 am »

Oh man we're almost into 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99580 on: February 20, 2013, 12:28:45 am »

After years of lore-building I finally launched my Hyperion:Unlimited RP! Woo! It only took me thirteen years of lore-building and two subsequent multiverses of opposing genres before I got around to bringing a fragment of material to light. »_»

Time to sleep like a baby whilst dreaming of Lovecraftian horrors. :)

((For the curious, OOC and IC threads abound.))

Congrats. I've wrestled with lore-building myself and what I come up with never seems good enough... ever... so you finally getting something out there must be liberating.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99581 on: February 20, 2013, 12:38:21 am »

RE: Man-crushes: Mine will be forever and ever Brian Cox, the damned good looking physicist. How does a man that smart look that damned good?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99582 on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

Nicolas Cage.  I'm convinced that Nicolas Cage is actually a great actor, he just doesn't know how to pick a role.  Can you imagine Daniel Day Lewis in Drive Angry?  Nic Cage is intense, and his intensity doesn't become him in ridiculous movies.  He needs to stop taking every role they give him before it (further) destroys his career.  He needs to make a masterpiece, and then all will know what I knew along - Nicolas Cage is the greatest artist of his time.
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99583 on: February 20, 2013, 12:52:58 am »

Oh, hey, it's Vector! Good to see ya. I, like Pnx, am doing math, for which I partially blame you. I got into it because of graduate plans that I have since abandoned for a different course of study, so I could've dropped it, but your posts in days of yore, describing why it was important to you, kind of contributed to a decision to give it another shot whether I needed to or not, as a means to personal growth instead of a degree. I have never taken a class that's demanded this much of my time, or been so satisfying when I succeed. Taking a 5 year break from math and then skipping 2 semesters into Differential Equations is... challenging.

Aside from specifically mentioning Vector and my motivation for taking the class, this has actually been a post I've been meaning to make for a bit. I'm steadily getting better at the basic problem solving skills that I let rust, and have been consistently accelerating on homework. Finishing early on quizzes, and still getting an A? I was freaking out a lot going into this, but I'm starting to feel like I Got This. It's nice to know that I can still do class, it doesn't have to be Biology, and I'd be able to keep up with a full load if I weren't working a full-time job.

Enough about me, though. I like the sound of this wedding, it sounds like your classes are Maximum Fun Times, and giant robots are one of the best possible causes for joy so good choice there. While I can't say I share your choice of crush, I would love to hear your thoughts on Sherlock sometime. I think you mentioned it once before, a while ago, but I've long forgotten. I've got a friend who's crazy about it, while I'm not really excited about it beyond the excitement I derive from a friend's excitement. It'd be nice to get a different perspective, if absolutely nothing else >________>

Nicolas Cage.  I'm convinced that Nicolas Cage is actually a great actor, he just doesn't know how to pick a role.  Can you imagine Daniel Day Lewis in Drive Angry?  Nic Cage is intense, and his intensity doesn't become him in ridiculous movies.  He needs to stop taking every role they give him before it (further) destroys his career.  He needs to make a masterpiece, and then all will know what I knew along - Nicolas Cage is the greatest artist of his time.
I completely agree with you, except I believe he already is the greatest artist of his time. It's just that his art is making movies that are so bad they're good. I really need to get around to buying Face/Off and Con Air.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99584 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:57 am »

I see absolutely no problem with Nicolas Cage's career path. He's already one of the handful of actors who's name and appearance I have bothered to commit to memory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 ... 13312