Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6638 6639 [6640] 6641 6642 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14522238 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99585 on: February 20, 2013, 01:00:39 am »

He needs to make a masterpiece, and then all will know what I knew along - Nicolas Cage is the greatest artist of his time.
He did, it was called Adaptation and it was hilariousness distilled.

There's also Leaving Las Vegas and for some, Wild at Heart.

I hope Nic Cage never stops taking terrible roles though. I have watched so many godawful movies just because I knew he would make them enjoyable and he has only let me down twice (Knowing and City of Angels).

You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99586 on: February 20, 2013, 01:08:26 am »

Nicolas Cage.  I'm convinced that Nicolas Cage is actually a great actor, he just doesn't know how to pick a role.  Can you imagine Daniel Day Lewis in Drive Angry?  Nic Cage is intense, and his intensity doesn't become him in ridiculous movies.  He needs to stop taking every role they give him before it (further) destroys his career.  He needs to make a masterpiece, and then all will know what I knew along - Nicolas Cage is the greatest artist of his time.

It takes something beyond skill to portray the kind of earnest crazy that Cage does in his more infamous roles.  I'm not even saying this tongue-in-cheek, most actors cannot be that intense on command, almost nobody can.  Hugo Weaving gets close, Mel Gibson nearly managed it a few times.  Being that human in the moment without the facade cracking because even you know how ridiculous you look is something an actor just can't learn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99587 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:35 am »

He describes his acting style as Nouveau Shamanic, which at first I thought was just him being pretentious, but the more I think about it, that's a very apt description of his acting.  Like a shaman, he's channeling some seriously primal shit when he acts and us mortals just can't wrap our brains around it.

Also I was writing an essay on A Hunger Artist and had a boom revelation that, when I look around, I haven't seen expressed by anyone else except in a few brief allusions.  You ready?

There's a school of thought that says Kafka was Schizoid.  It makes sense.  One of the effects of SPD is, since you have no meaningful relationships with others to affirm your esteem and identity, you tend to suffer from a profound inner emptiness and deprivation called Schizoid hunger (and the story's called a hunger artist, this shit writes itself).  What's the artist's last words?  “Because I couldn’t find a food which tasted good to me. If had found that, believe me, I would not have made a spectacle of myself and would have eaten to my heart’s content, like you and everyone else.”  What's the food?  Validation by his audience.  Why is he starving for it?  Because he's got SPD, like Kafka, and his identity is grounded on other people's perceptions.  When people ignore him he just kind of shrivels up and disappears.

What do you guys think?  Is this good?  Also relevant, have you heard it before?  I would die to know I came up with an original interpretive avenue that I didn't read on sparknotes.
Shoes...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99588 on: February 20, 2013, 01:47:04 am »

He describes his acting style as Nouveau Shamanic, which at first I thought was just him being pretentious, but the more I think about it, that's a very apt description of his acting.  Like a shaman, he's channeling some seriously primal  @#!*%  when he acts and us mortals just can't wrap our brains around it.

Also I was writing an essay on A Hunger Artist and had a boom revelation that, when I look around, I haven't seen expressed by anyone else except in a few brief allusions.  You ready?

There's a school of thought that says Kafka was Schizoid.  It makes sense.  One of the effects of SPD is, since you have no meaningful relationships with others to affirm your esteem and identity, you tend to suffer from a profound inner emptiness and deprivation called Schizoid hunger (and the story's called a hunger artist, this  @#!*%  writes itself).  What's the artist's last words?  “Because I couldn’t find a food which tasted good to me. If had found that, believe me, I would not have made a spectacle of myself and would have eaten to my heart’s content, like you and everyone else.”  What's the food?  Validation by his audience.  Why is he starving for it?  Because he's got SPD, like Kafka, and his identity is grounded on other people's perceptions.  When people ignore him he just kind of shrivels up and disappears.

What do you guys think?  Is this good?  Also relevant, have you heard it before?  I would die to know I came up with an original interpretive avenue that I didn't read on sparknotes.
Reading it myself, must say I haven't heard it before. Now I know what to say in my english class, that's pretty smart.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #99589 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:24 am »

Sounds familiar, based on observations of my schizo older brother.  He's pretty much cut off all friends around him and repels everyone else, while at the same time it's obvious he's lonely.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99590 on: February 20, 2013, 02:43:34 am »

The robot is complete! That hunk of metal can finally stop dominating my hopes, dreams, and range of emotions.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99591 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:35 am »

Oh hey, it's Vector!
All the regulars still around?
I'm here!
I'm turning into a forum ent, slowly.  I only regularly post in a couple threads that suit my day-to-day interests, and rarely post outside.  My posts-per-day is dropping steadily.
But I too am becoming more tree-ish. Hroom. It's not like I've been visiting the site less, I just lurk more. I watch, and I listen. Hroom-hum.

Nicolas Cage.  I'm convinced that Nicolas Cage is actually a great actor, he just doesn't know how to pick a role.  Can you imagine Daniel Day Lewis in Drive Angry?  Nic Cage is intense, and his intensity doesn't become him in ridiculous movies.  He needs to stop taking every role they give him before it (further) destroys his career.  He needs to make a masterpiece, and then all will know what I knew along - Nicolas Cage is the greatest artist of his time.
I have always enjoyed his characters, even in the worst movies. But if you want a masterpiece, you want to watch Vampire's Kiss. In this movie, Nicolas Cage is playing a man who is not-so-slowly going bonkers. It's the perfect character for him. Intense, hilarious, and downright absurd.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99592 on: February 20, 2013, 04:00:12 am »

Quote from: Vector
*stuff about being back*

Hiya Vector!

Hmm.. new stuff.. well.. I know! I am kindaish changingish genders.
Yes, im gonna be a girlies :3
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99593 on: February 20, 2013, 04:03:59 am »

Recent good news: I've discovered what infatuation feels like!
Recent bad news: I've discovered what infatuation feels like.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99594 on: February 20, 2013, 04:42:39 am »

Rejoice, for you are also learning what being aware of an infatuation feels like. It's a bit like shame or regret. But it's a good thing to learn. Self-knowledge For The Happy?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99595 on: February 20, 2013, 05:03:38 am »

Bit late to the party, but hello again Vector! I suppose I am now considered a forum regular; the last time you were truly active I was still a newbie to the forums in early-mid 2011.

I've been house hunting and being bored by lack of uni. Study only goes so far. Social life is going from strength to strength (and on that note, I consumed far too much alcohol on the weekend; I wholly regret it. I vomited so hard I've once again burst capillaries in my eyes, leaving part of them temporarily blood red. Depression, even the shadow of it former, still has a strange interaction with alcohol.)

I started a Bay12RPG game project; support is INTENSE. I've put it on hold temporarily, because rent hunting and job hunting and studying and stuff similar have forced me to put hobbies on the back burner for a little while, but no matter. I think a well known forum member should at least be an NPC within the game.

Here is the URL if you wish to view it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99596 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:51 am »

I'm still here, forever.  be happy

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #99597 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:02 am »

God, every regular's coming back. Does that mean to shift the balance a significant amount of new guys have to be culled?

I'm a regular, right?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99598 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:35 am »

God, every regular's coming back. Does that mean to shift the balance a significant amount of new guys have to be culled?

I'm a regular, right?
*Sharpens axe.*

...yes?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #99599 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:30 am »

Recent good news: I've discovered what infatuation feels like!
Recent bad news: I've discovered what infatuation feels like.

BAD XANTALOS. BAD.
YOU ARE WEAK.
I'M NOT LETTING YOU EAT MY PLANET ANY TIME SOON. > : - (

XD
Pages: 1 ... 6638 6639 [6640] 6641 6642 ... 13311