Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14515423 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #4890 on: January 29, 2010, 07:35:10 am »

I thought you were going to bed.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4891 on: January 29, 2010, 07:35:42 am »

Don't go bringing what up? Now I'm curious.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: January 29, 2010, 07:37:53 am »

No, seriously, I'm telling you, don't. Sleep deprivation got the better of me and what was once top-notch humor became poorly disguised Taxi Driver quotes that didn't make sense and reflect badly on me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 29, 2010, 07:43:19 am »

You mentioned Taxi Driver dude! Now they're onto you! NOW THEY KNOW!
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: January 29, 2010, 07:48:15 am »

No, seriously, I'm telling you, don't. Sleep deprivation got the better of me and what was once top-notch humor became poorly disguised Taxi Driver quotes that didn't make sense and reflect badly on me.
I completely understand, I won't go into it any further.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 29, 2010, 07:54:30 am »

Tis such a sensible Taco. With a sweet hat.

Anyway children, I'm gonna sleep time. Sleep deprivation is beginning to overtake me, and I'm having to spend half a minute evaluating which way is 'up'.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 29, 2010, 08:03:12 am »

Anyway children, I'm gonna sleep time. Sleep deprivation is beginning to overtake me, and I'm having to spend half a minute evaluating which way is 'up'.
That should be easy, 'up' is the way that you don't fall.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:10:44 am by Taco Dan »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: January 29, 2010, 10:51:37 am »

Heh, i understand your situation there completely, Jackrabbit.

It's the same reason many people here believe me to be incredibly foolish...

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: January 29, 2010, 11:45:27 am »

*silently places cookie jar in the middle of the room*

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 29, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »

*Grabs cookie from cookie jar*

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: January 29, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »

*Grabs cookie from cookie jar*
*Grins as he secretly puts a cork on the empty poison flask*

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 29, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »

I am happy because I was at a party.
Especially because someone let me near the CD player.
Good-bye shitty pop-punk, hello Miles Davis and Candlemass.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »

Well, now I will never be able to eat another burger again. They won't size-up to this one I had today. I'm thinking the main reason the burger was so good was how cold the surrounding air was, and how my hands were warmed purely by the heat of the buns.

Good times.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: January 29, 2010, 02:47:56 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4904 on: January 29, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »

I designed a pretty nifty cliffside fortress that should work well with the next version that I want to try out (sketched out of course).

It involves a series of drop-bridges that serves as a path for merchants to cross, as well as a nasty surprise for any invaders.

It involves up to about 5-9 3x10 bridges, depending on how far out the fort goes, has a series of levers mapped out in a map/switch room with the lever setup as (1-(5-9)), (even and odd), and a red master switch take toggles all of them. Come along a siege, wait for them to cross halfway, then trigger the fort-most bridge, then the cliff-most bridge, then the master switch. The collector burrow at the bottom of the fall will collect the flattened treasure. To add to it, I have an interesting fortress style I'd like to try out that utilizes it.

For added security, the bottomside collection burrow has a similar defense, a small pit moat with it's small amount of drop-bridges (3-5 3x10, with gradually deepening pits funneling into the collection door/barracks, minimum depth is 3-5 Z, with the bridges 3Z above ground-level.) that'll make any bottom-side invaders fall into a pit either incapacitating them, or obliterating them, and further pulverizing any way-up invaders that took the express elevator to hell. Any survivors will have to answer to a pocket military force within the burrow. The closer to the bottom-side entry, the deeper you'll fall. And those bridges will have a similar nasty surprise disposal. If trapped in the middle bridge, you might survive, you reach the front door, and plummet... yeah; oh, and I forgot to add that there would be 2 floodgates to make full use of a progressive dropping of the bridges as well. It'll apply to topside and bottomside fort entries.1 at the gate, another at the cliffside ramp; and below, 1 at the bridge access, and 1 at the front door. Happy base jumping! ;D

Oh yeah, and the levers will be color coded definitely as well as acting as a mini-map to make telling them apart heck of alot easier. The whole setup is to make use of at least 25-50 Z levels.

Oh, and after the initial keep is built, the main fort project will be purely aesthetically planned and beautiful, and the temp-keep will be made of the excavated stone, so that will be almost exclusively above ground, and serve as a farm and flank barracks burrow if I decide not to drop the bridges. To be equally fair, I would also have marksdwarves at the ready placed around the first series of bridges. So it'll either be a battle on the bridge, or a splatterfest for the utter hell of it. Heck, the system can also dispose of annoying or useless merchants (elves) if I feel up to it.

Now, the next challenge, to find a suitable location that'll work that I won't need to worry much about having to carve out the whole cliffside manually. And for additional aesthetic effect, I would carve a ramp-way to a slightly deep level to make the whole cliffside fort thing work out with a keep up above as overwatch/temporary fortress. Even watching it get built is going to be interesting. And if there's enough wood to collect, I might try to reproduce the Bloodfist as a cameo (with far less challenge/stress than my current setup). So i guess I'll need a magma source to make things work out even better. Finding a good spot might be a bit of a challenge.

The amount of thought put behind it makes me happy. Now for a suitable name for it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:00:14 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 13311