Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375285 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #5475 on: February 09, 2010, 11:01:43 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #5476 on: February 09, 2010, 11:20:52 pm »

I don't get it...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:18 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5478 on: February 10, 2010, 01:11:28 am »

I may yet have a chance to get more hours with work again, and just as nice, my manager is going to try to haggle some extra hours if possible to make solo close downs less common. Overall, I should be able to leave work in a less pissed-off mood more often.

And it seems Steam has given me a good idea of what's been going down with my disabled account. According to my evidence, I wasn't at fault, Valve seems to not be at fault, so as far as I can consider, my credit card company is trying to pull something. Hopefully I can get this fixed, and not lose any money in the process and recover my account by tomorrow or the day after.

See you guys again soon, I hope.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: February 10, 2010, 04:45:53 pm »

Had a good day today.  I've realised that, by getting songs I'm singing in choir stuck in my head, I have tricked earworms into working for me.  Epic.

Now, does anyone know how to pronounce "لل" in Finnish?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: February 10, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »

I Hole punched huge wads of paper to day, If you have problems with anger, Doing that is a real good way of getting it out of your system.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #5481 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:51 pm »

Even better, try doing that with your fist.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: February 10, 2010, 05:44:09 pm »

Submarine Symphonika

Or rather, that song from the Iphone commercials you could never find.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: February 10, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »

Wow. My sister showed me a really, really awesome story.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: February 10, 2010, 08:50:29 pm »

This.  Phew... that was... tough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: February 10, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »

I'm up to 6 hours straight of math without needing to take a break :3  I'm working up to 10 hours with breaks, so that hopefully pretty soon I'll be able to do the required 14-16 hours ~

I'm so happy, everything's getting a lot easier.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5486 on: February 10, 2010, 11:56:34 pm »

Finally found the time to get an update done with the Bloodifst (and discovered a disturbing truth while at it). My project is possessed.

I noticed that everytime I either work on it for a dwarven year, or make plans to work on it, it doesn't want me to finish it. My freaking project is yandere towards me (It's clinging to me, and wants to last as long as possible). The good? Why I'm happy? I managed to take notice of it. Hopefully I can now plan accordingly so I can finish the damn thing once and for all.

Oh, and I might finally have a way to at least prevent everything from being destroyed (bridges and such) during the obligatory tantrum spiral in my project. I have all my drafted troops (every resident inflicted with raeg) gathered in the grand dining hall where it's stocked with food, and above the living quarters. If I'm lucky, I should be able to continue the project with 25% of my reclaiming team still intact.

As added security, I'll have my only sane residents work on sealing all entries into the fort (including the trapways), so I won't have to go cross-country to gather lost goods. Why not?

Oh, and "Who's Line is it Anyway?" is on. Freaking hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:21:15 am by Itnetlolor »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: February 11, 2010, 12:08:43 am »

I found it funny that Itnetlolor knows the word "yandere".

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: February 11, 2010, 02:08:28 am »

My package from the other side of the world finally arrived.
The contents shall remain a mystery.
For now...

Hint: 40*20*5*5*2

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: February 11, 2010, 02:11:37 am »

... Warhammer?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 13310