Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14519628 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19740 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »

...although, I learned today that photos taken with a Smart Phone actually have GPS coordinates, triangulated using Cell Phone Towers, encoded within them, which record the exact global location the picture was snapped at inside the image file.

Why am I suddenly feeling like it's 26 years ago?
26 years ago, 1984, haha.

This is why you remove metadata from pictures when you upload them. I think most sites do that anyway though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19741 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:39 pm »

Just played, and beat, Another World (SNES version). Interesting and challenging game to figure out, and surprisingly short too.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: September 09, 2010, 10:27:16 pm »

There is already Recettear Rule 34. One day before official release.

This somehow makes me happy. Probably just because it's funny.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: September 09, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »

Who in hell would make a rule 34 of Rattata?

That just doesn't make any Sense!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: September 10, 2010, 01:50:58 am »

There is already Recettear Rule 34. One day before official release.

This somehow makes me happy. Probably just because it's funny.
Huh. Now Rule 34 goes far bu still...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: September 10, 2010, 02:59:23 am »

I'm watching Team America, several years overdue.

I love it when a ridiculous movie pretends to be serious.
Shoes...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:10 am »

Deadpan humor is one of my favorite flavors of humor. The British pretty much have it down.

You'd probably dig Extras.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: September 10, 2010, 04:04:54 am »

Quentin Tarantino would love Courage the Cowardly Dog. There's a foot-based scene in nearly every episode.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:04 am »

This post is a giant pile of shit, but it was playing over and over in my head at work.  I'm typing it here for all the world to see pretty much just for my benefit, but consider it a "thank you" to the people who've put up with my bullshit in the sad thread and elsewhere.  Otherwise, feel free to skip right over.

Today (yesterday), I had dinner with my mother, and intimated on the spur of the moment that I was thinking of cutting my hair to something actually short, but was afraid it would look worse than it does.  This is a running theme.  She got out some pictures she recently found of my great-great-grandfather, and we rambled about family for a while.  As we were finishing, she playfully demanded I give her some grandchildren before she goes senile.  I took this way too seriously, and kind of exploded all over her, into a two hour spill of all my other doubt and self-loathing, at romance and everything else in my life.  I contemplated posting about this, because that's what we do now and I've been on a moping roll lately, but thought better of it because I'd look like a tool.

No new ground was covered, I had no epiphanies and she gave me no new advice.  Just all the advice about self-confidence and initiative I've gotten from everyone everywhere and refuse to follow out of spite for myself.  But somewhere in that conversation, a turn of topics brought back some old memories.  They were lost in the train for a while, but while my mind rambled free at work like it does, I pondered on where my life has been, and how I got where I am.  Not by remembering why I thought I did things, or what I believed, but an outsider's perspective; just the what, when, how, and who.

And somewhere along the way, it all made sense.  Why I love both my parents but still refuse to do anything they tell me.  Why I cling to every friend I can but can't seem to make new ones.  Why reading webcomics feels like crack but reading textbooks feels like a chore.  Why I crave praise but do everything in my power to fob it off.  Why I failed at every activity I attempted in my youth.  Why Joe Walsh songs chill me to my bones.  Why I put up with doing the same time wasting bullshit day in and out but refuse to do anything about it except get angry at myself.  And why I constantly say I'm desperate to break out of my routines of goofing off, but violently oppose any offer or option from anyone but my old friends.

I've always had all the answers to all my problems.  I've always had all the advice I could want and plenty more.  I've always known there's no magic solution to anything.  And I've always known the biggest obstacle in my life is my own self-loathing.  And I refuse to do anything about it, partly because I'm addicted to hating myself, but partly out of fear of myself.  Because I've had this dawning realization that if I ever did break out of my rut and achieve my goals and dreams and shit, eventually I'd have to explain to myself, let alone anyone else, just what I've been doing with my life.  Where all the time went, and why I waited so long.  And if I actually achieved anything, seeing just how "easy" it was in retrospect might drive me right over the edge to killing myself in shame, for letting this build up for so long.  So instead, I just choose to do nothing, and sit around pitying and hating myself.

But tonight, I finally figured it out.  There's nothing that pisses me off more than a question I can't answer, and nothing stops me from enacting a plan like not knowing where to start; and deep down, the biggest question this whole time was "why?".  Not why do I do this, or why do I put up with it.  But why did it start?  Knowing that wouldn't actually change anything, but at least I'd have a reason.  I've always assumed that I fell apart somewhere along the way, that I was just built to fail myself and never had the guts to do anything about it or take anyone's guidance.  But tonight, I found it.  Not just an answer, but the one thing I love more than anything, which just earlier today I would have hated myself even more for - I found an excuse.

I know what to blame, who to blame, and for the first time ever, it's not me.  And it never really was.  Not completely, or originally.  Just hours earlier, I would have said to myself, "So what?  That doesn't change any of the practical problems in your life, or let you off the hook for not thinking of this before, or do anything about that pile of neuroses you've built up in the meantime."  But now, I truly don't care.  So what if it doesn't change any of those things itself?  The biggest roadblock to every other resolution is finally out of the way, because I don't have to hate myself anymore.

It's not my fault.  It never really was.  And it doesn't matter that I thought so.  And I don't have to worry about that anymore.  I don't have to hate myself.

I'm free.  Thanks for your time, folks.

Let's see how long it takes before I forget this revelation and drop back into good ol' self-loathing and apathy.  Nah, not really.  I'm just addicted to self-deprecating caveats, and a man needs his habits.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: September 10, 2010, 04:30:23 am »

Excellent work. Now go implant that into Vector's head.

Recently I've been working out with a friend, and I'm gaining progress. I was thinking of necroing my workout thread, but there wasn't enough interest. It's amazing how much different it is to workout at 19 than 15-16.

As you had put it, I think I'll stop hating myself for my childhood. It was so much easier to do so in a different city, with new people, but I may work on building that back up here, before I move out for college.
While talking to AJ:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: September 10, 2010, 05:02:45 am »

You need to figure out how to solve that stuff, Aqizzar, and tell us what you did in this thread, because apart from the self-loathing I'm in the same boat.

This boat sucks, but I just can't muster the energy to find a different one.
Shoes...

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:49 am »

I would first off like to apologize for my lack of activity. A few other forums have caught my attention, and I have been spending my time there. One of them had a RP that I had join, which was the usual kinda nothing to different. but what was different about this one was that it ended. Out of all the RPs I've played, this is the only one I've completed. It has that sort of feel like finishing a good book, or a time consuming project. And they're already planing on starting a sequel later this week, so this time I'll be able to start from the beginning.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:22:24 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: September 10, 2010, 05:53:52 am »

hehe group squeals.

welcome back
While talking to AJ:

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: September 10, 2010, 06:45:46 am »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: September 10, 2010, 06:56:09 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0totLJeyNFU

... Woah.
"SO LONG GAY MOUNTAIN"

Why the **** do some of the comments say that?
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 13311