Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14521041 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20220 on: September 13, 2010, 06:11:02 pm »

Ugh. Shitty horror movies. Redundant term.

You know what I should do? I should make a supernatrual horror film with myself as the protagonist. So the evil demon monster would just get up in my face and be all like BLARRGHH and I'd just whip out my gun and shoot it. "Movie f**ing over."

You know what you should do?  Post stuff like this in the sad thread.

Oops. Wrong thread. But having the awesome idea makes me happy so...
It'd just be nice to have a movie like that have a competent protagonist instead of someone who just goes "OMG DEMON I SO SKARED". I mean, carry a knife in your pocket or something. Jeez.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: September 13, 2010, 06:12:03 pm »

Try Alien/Aliens?  Other than the whole "searching for Jonesy" segments, I think they fit the bill pretty well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: September 13, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »

Hehe, I got a bottle of home made jam from a close friend of mine.

She's a great person, and not bad at making strawberry jam. Mmm.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: September 13, 2010, 06:13:39 pm »

Andropause.

and yes, your Wiki-fu is weak.

I'm not going to look up Male Menopause. My mom uses this computer.

God knows that she would point that out.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20224 on: September 13, 2010, 06:17:36 pm »

It just means that testosterone levels lower, and men find it harder to make babbehs.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20225 on: September 13, 2010, 06:23:10 pm »

It'd just be nice to have a movie like that have a competent protagonist instead of someone who just goes "OMG DEMON I SO SKARED". I mean, carry a knife in your pocket or something. Jeez.
You say that now, but lets see how rational you are when being attacked by a demon monster. Besides, the majority of people don't carry knives around.

Not to mention the idiot charging a demon with a knife would probably be the first to go in most movies...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20226 on: September 13, 2010, 06:24:23 pm »

It is for reasons like this that a good pocketknife is on my list of things to buy when I have actual funds.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20227 on: September 13, 2010, 06:28:13 pm »

I found a site with a lot of useful metacognition techniques. Those of you with procrastination problems and the like should check this out.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: September 13, 2010, 06:31:10 pm »

You say that now, but lets see how rational you are when being attacked by a demon monster.

Well, of course, being The Stoic helps. Maybe I'll write up a screenplay sometime when I'm bored.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20229 on: September 13, 2010, 06:32:19 pm »

After reading Drizzt, I abhor the word stoic.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

... I'd assume that being The Stoic would mean you posted less in Things that made you Emote Today threads, but that may just be my limited imagination.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: September 13, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »

Salvatore used the word stoic too much whenever he brought up Drizzt.

It was like "The stoic ranger killed that orc thing guy" and "the stoic ranger takes the moral high ground on this ethical conundrum" and "he stoically accepted the fact that he was a Mary Sue"

I guess he's one of the reasons I abhor drow/elves in general.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: September 13, 2010, 06:36:32 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20233 on: September 13, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »

... I'd assume that being The Stoic would mean you posted less in Things that made you Emote Today threads, but that may just be my limited imagination.

Well, Stoicism is avoiding the display and reaction to emotion. Spock HAS emotions, he just doesn't react to them. And anyway, I'm just posting things that should make me feel X, even when they don't (perceptibly).

I guess he's one of the reasons I abhor drow/elves in general.

If you ever do a D&D RP, you should play as a drow that is actually evil and just pretends to be a generic "Drizzt Clone".

Also, I used itallics far more than I normally do in this post.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: September 13, 2010, 06:41:14 pm »

I don't even look at that stuff.

I feel like a 80-year old man with menopause when it comes to sexuality.

@ what made me happy:

I went jogging with my sister again last night. It hurt like shit, but I feel great!
Yeah, but that would be "I don't really like that sort of stuff" rather than something more specific :P.

It is for reasons like this that a good pocketknife is on my list of things to buy when I have actual funds.
I have one, but I think I'm not legally allowed to carry it for another 2 years.  Or something like that.  UK knife law is kinda cryptic.
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 13311