Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538591 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24030 on: October 15, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »

Got the RAW of Episode 3 of SRWOGIN. Teasing Bullet like that was just plain mean of you Excellen :V
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24031 on: October 15, 2010, 06:54:09 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24032 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:50 pm »

I just created the smoothest, most perfect hovercraft in Gmod I could ever hope to have.

It flies like a dream.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24033 on: October 15, 2010, 07:41:49 pm »

I just created the smoothest, most perfect hovercraft in Gmod I could ever hope to have.

It flies like a dream.

If it uses hoverballs, I will chase you down with the TOAST Industries Thrusterpod Floater.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24034 on: October 15, 2010, 07:42:00 pm »

minor actions, like "a new way to say someone walked across the floor for the goddamned 10 millionth time."
Many of my favorite books forgo this and actually tell me that someone is walking across the floor. I don't care whether or not they were doing it quietly, loudly, slowly, or quickly, I just want them to walk already.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24035 on: October 15, 2010, 07:45:04 pm »

I managed to walk myself down from a bad hit (slang synonym) around new friends.  I was afraid that would happen around them, and it did, and they were totally cool about it and new the feeling exactly.  Rockin'.  Then we had awesome burgers and I had a very pleasant drive home in time to watch Samurai Jack livestreamed.

And I might actually finally really be getting a different car soon.  Thank fucking God.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24036 on: October 15, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »

It flies like a dream.
In-game prop made, or add-on?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24037 on: October 15, 2010, 07:46:30 pm »

minor actions, like "a new way to say someone walked across the floor for the goddamned 10 millionth time."
Many of my favorite books forgo this and actually tell me that someone is walking across the floor. I don't care whether or not they were doing it quietly, loudly, slowly, or quickly, I just want them to walk already.

I usually deal with it by just implying someone did something. Of course 01 walked up to the bad guy to saw his head off. I don't need to tell you that. I just need to tell you he sawed some motherfucker's head off.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24038 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

I'm got about three hours in Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden now.  Cool man.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24039 on: October 15, 2010, 07:50:30 pm »

I'm got about three hours in Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden now.  Cool man.

And he proceeded to open up a can of Shaq Fu/
When Aaron Carter jumped out of the blue...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24040 on: October 15, 2010, 07:51:43 pm »

Charles Barkley != Shaquille O'Neal
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24041 on: October 15, 2010, 07:55:08 pm »

I usually deal with it by just implying someone did something. Of course 01 walked up to the bad guy to saw his head off. I don't need to tell you that. I just need to tell you he sawed some motherfucker's head off.
...and that would be why you are not a famous author.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24042 on: October 15, 2010, 07:56:11 pm »

Charles Barkley != Shaquille O'Neal

Proof.

...and that would be why you are not a famous author.
I dunno, I think it works pretty well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24043 on: October 15, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »

Meh.  Sometimes you can say someone walked across the floor.  Other times, you've got to tell everyone that your character's voice is like piano wire.  It takes a fine hand, and sad to say I don't have it yet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24044 on: October 15, 2010, 08:02:53 pm »

I have a sortof obsessive compulsive obsession with eliminating repetition when I read back through anything I've written (so if you see it in my posts, it's a sure sign I haven't proofread).  So... I kindof understand.  Heck, I often end up with undedicated speech just to avoid an endless stream of "said".  And there's also the exclamation mark problem - when one character raises their voice in some of my dialogue, it has a weird tendancy to make everyone else shout as well.

For the specific scene... I guess you could try using other ways of explaining the movement (moving towards each other?  Away from each other?  Backing/ moving forwards into walls?  Returning to starting position?  Triangulation?) to avoid verb-spamming.
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 13312