Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2651 2652 [2653] 2654 2655 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14518288 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Pick flowers or die~♥
« Reply #39780 on: February 18, 2011, 01:02:31 pm »

Due to actual motivation and inspiration, I have started an RTD.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39781 on: February 18, 2011, 01:10:56 pm »

Gonna go play Axis and Allies with some friends later. Those Nazis won't know what hit them, other than a shitload of dice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39783 on: February 18, 2011, 02:23:24 pm »

Considering the new release of DF, and at least almost a year since I last finished the Bloodfist, plus it's popularity, I recently got myself a flash of inspiration, and much like how making the Bloodfist helped me learn 40d rapidly, building a successor to it in 31.xx will help me adapt to it rapidly. Of course, in order to make a proper successor to it, I'll learn from my mistakes, but I'll also have to adapt to the new elements of the newer version(s) at the same time.

Anyway, the dimensions of my old ship was 5 decks tall (5 Z-levels), and about a region tile and roughly third long, if I measured correctly, 63 tiles long (63 / 48 = 1.3125 region tiles long), and roughly 3/4 of a region tile wide (37 / 48 = .77083 R-wide). I'm maybe thinking of topping that, and updating the design a bit as well, while keeping to a similar style. Of course, updates may have to be less frequent, at least map-wise, though I would probably provide screenshots of the ships progress. I'll have to get around to planning it however.

If the Bloodfist was a mere frigate, then this thing's gonna be a juggernaut (well, battleship if I top the successor with it's successor). More engines and boilers may be mandatory; of course, as would be the crew quarters and weapons. Burrows should definitely make the successor project a hell of alot easier to manage once everything gets moving.

I'll consider moving this post once I've committed to going forward with it, and have an idea of what I'm gonna do.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:27:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39784 on: February 18, 2011, 02:34:15 pm »

For best results, try not to look at the name of the video.  Just take in what you see as it happens.
I did as you said and,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Wait, is this from an actual show?  Haha why would they do that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:35:50 pm by ToonyMan »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39785 on: February 18, 2011, 02:42:49 pm »

For best results, try not to look at the name of the video.  Just take in what you see as it happens.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.  After all, he's sixteen, the bar is pretty low to be a good actor.  But the last couple lines, and the slo-mo death fall, are school-play quality crap.

It's CSI, every episode is "Currently-Famous People Who Can't Act Pretending to be Corpses for One Scene".  They also had the MythBusters on once, as crime-scene recreation scientists.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39786 on: February 18, 2011, 02:45:06 pm »

It's CSI, every episode is "Currently-Famous People Who Can't Act Pretending to be Corpses for One Scene".  They also had the MythBusters on once, as crime-scene recreation scientists.

They did? O_o
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39787 on: February 18, 2011, 02:45:38 pm »

lol they are seriously running out of ideas now.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39788 on: February 18, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »

Yeah, the death scene is pretty terrible, but he's a singer, not an actor.  I think the writers just knew blowing Justin Bieber away on National TV would get great ratings.

I mean hell, he didn't even bother to be consistent between the two shots.  The first one he drops his gun and does that arm-flailing thing people do in movies when they get shot a bunch of times, and in the second shot he kind of staggers back and suddenly he has the gun again.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39789 on: February 18, 2011, 02:55:20 pm »

That's... actually from CSI?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39790 on: February 18, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »

I gotta say, just from that clip, I was more attracted by Numb3rs.

I hated Numb3rs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39791 on: February 18, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »

I hated Numb3rs.
Hehe.
generic character: "The bad guys left the scene hours ago, how could we possibly track them?!"
main character: "It's simple! All we have to do is run a math-magical analysis and we can pinpoint their location to within a 4 meter search area!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39792 on: February 18, 2011, 03:38:06 pm »

I hated Numb3rs.
Hehe.
generic character: "The bad guys left the scene hours ago, how could we possibly track them?!"
main character: "It's simple! All we have to do is run a math-magical analysis and we can pinpoint their location to within a 4 meter search area!"
"You can't stop the signal."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39793 on: February 18, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »

Numb3rs makes boring math dangerous and exciting!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39794 on: February 18, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

Yeah, if you add in "Works on P=NP whenever emotionally upset and is Hollywood Awkward, i.e. does the mathematician/problem-solving freeze and none of the other crazy shit I deal with daily."

I would have laughed a lot more if they'd tried to make the dude less approachable by the general audience and instead more... hilarious.  I honestly had a lot of trouble suspending disbelief because of his social behavior.  That's a bit sad, I guess, but I have met friendly/socially-adeptish mathematicians and they still came off far more strangely than that.

I don't think he even interrupts anyone throughout the entire first season.

EDIT: I'm happy today because Life Advice is being completely mature, as a group, in giving relationship advice right now.

Really happy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:12:24 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2651 2652 [2653] 2654 2655 ... 13311