Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14595318 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #45390 on: April 01, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

I said to myself I would stop posting here but...

Screw it.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/kupo707/bullet-heaven

Apparently I like bullet hell games. That's new.
now play touhou on normal. Die. Repeat. Or extra for even more fun!
Give me a link, and sure. I could google it, but I wouldn't know where to start. I look forward to losing. A lot.
I seem to be better at BH games than normal top-down shooter things, so that makes me happy.
Also, what friday song? I know of no friday song. From your reactions to it, it seems that may be a good thing.

Good?!?! It's terrible! You're being deprived of needed education!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

The Touhou games aren't browser based, you need to download, but I don't know where you will find them. Pirate bay is said to have everything ever, but I don't think touhou is freeware, so not something I would advise. There are a few games in the series, I started with 'The secret of scarlet mansion'. Also...

It's Friday! Worst song ever!

You're a lying ninja!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45394 on: April 01, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »

That was beautiful.
Bob Dylan is amazing.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45395 on: April 01, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »

And tomorrow night is alright for fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc&feature=related
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45396 on: April 01, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »

That was beautiful.
Bob Dylan is amazing.

Somehow I get the vibe that it wasn't Bob Dylan, but rather another singer with similar voice. Still good, and I could always be wrong, just a guess.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45397 on: April 01, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »

She wrote the song.  That's just a cover by, as I said, "Bob Dylan."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45398 on: April 01, 2011, 08:44:44 pm »

Beat that Bullet Heaven game and got the 3 health achievement thing. Gog that was hard work, especially as my computer occasionally decided it would freeze up then catapult me into whatever I was trying to avoid.

Matt and Anna are the best characters; Matt's got a nice sub-attack, Anna's got extra firepower and better range but worse Bombing.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #45399 on: April 01, 2011, 08:53:27 pm »

... I meant that it was a good thing I have never heard of it.
And no, I did not follow the link. It would interrupt my endless string of rock and Japanese music.
I acquired that last one from this thread, too.
Apparently this thread is like an endless gateway for pastimes.

Also: I know what Tohou is.

Also Also: I just A-ranked the first two bonus missions on Bullet Heaven << On Topic

NINJEDIT:Did you seriously manage to beat it while I was out having dinner? wow. Then again, I managed to half-coplete it in the ten minutes after I found it, so...
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45400 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

Apparently this thread is like an endless gateway for pastimes.

Welcome to bay12! Now build this, read this, and drink this.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45401 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:13 pm »

I'll just leave this here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45402 on: April 01, 2011, 09:22:27 pm »

NINJEDIT:Did you seriously manage to beat it while I was out having dinner? wow. Then again, I managed to half-coplete it in the ten minutes after I found it, so...

No; being somewhat tipsy means that I had a lot more trouble than I normally would. Took me a while to beat the 3rd and 4th bosses. I'd discovered it on a Kongregate Browse a few hours ago, decided a bullet hell while drunk would be funny, and went for it. It was that or Mud and Blood 2, and that game seems to have doubled in difficulty recently. I'm rarely getting past 50 waves, whereas before I could average 90 with a basic setup. With ribbons and the better starts, I made it to 120+
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #45403 on: April 01, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »

Well, that was something. Just hopping around the net and out of nowhere, FF4 starts locking up like mad and I had to quit it, and it restored my previous session even though I said not to; I retried numerous times only to get the same result. Reset it one more time clearing all tabs, and it hangs on quit. I force quit through Process Explorer, and I reboot. Everytime loading up these forums somehow crashes it, and I sent a few bug/error reports, and I even reset my computer. Then one motto of mine came to mind "There's always a simple solution to a complex problem.", clearing the cache came to mind, and what do you know? I'm able to tell the story.

Still doing a virus scan on the side to be safe.

NINJAEDIT:
And yes, about:blank / about:home is a godsend for these kind of issues. Also, I have to remember to regularly clear that cache. FF4 is speedy again; even when opening and closing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:34:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45404 on: April 01, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »

This doesn't really say anything in defense of duke's parents... just saying... parenting is complex and difficult... a good parent should recognize when they've been harmful, though, and find ways to make it up... though even that can be difficult to do without undermining one's own authority.
Hot damn dude, your timing is excellent.

So today I got home and had to explain the vague plans my sister made for the night which usually annoys my dad, because she never explains where she is well enough so I pried the whole story from her. I started to relay the message to my dad the moment I got in the door and was met by the usual response: Getting absolutely nothing after explaining twice. So he asks a questions that I answered and I let out a little stutter as I give the reply again. This continues twice before he finally decides to pull me aside.
 I really wasn't in a state to say much so I gave one-word answers to his questions. Like when the stuttering began(So he did notice): When T-t-t--tanner D-d-d-d-
 How do you feel inside? How did you feel then?(So he does care): P-p-p-powerless... Scared

It was then that he realized that I was terrified of him, and he seemed really shook up by that. Like, really crushed that his image of respect was perverted like this. He wanted a good family and never wanted to scare his children. And the amazing this was, as he was realizing this everything started to feel lighter. I could look him in the eye, my back could be straight, I even gave answers with no problem.

Just knowing that he knows this seems to be clearing things up for me. And I always knew this was all tough and never really blamed him for all of this. He's not a bad guy, it's just a really difficult situation to deal with.

So yeah, a gigantic weight off my shoulders.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 13312