Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3026 3027 [3028] 3029 3030 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383912 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #45405 on: April 01, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »

My happiness now seems inadequate, thanks.

Playoff hockey game is best hockey game.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45406 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »

Wow Duke that's deep. I wish I had a messed family or really hated my parents like you guys so I could join you guys on the melancholy quire, but my parents awesome, mostly because whenever there is a disagreement EVER ON ANYTHING our standard procedure is to argue about it until one side is in the clear right. No walkouts, no timeouts, just straight up discussion until sense is brought to the losing party. I'm happy my parents raised me stubborn.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45407 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:54 pm »

I wish I had a messed family or really hated my parents like you guys so I could join you guys on the melancholy quire
I hope you're joking.  :[

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #45408 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »

I wish I had a messed family or really hated my parents like you guys so I could join you guys on the melancholy quire
I hope you're joking.  :[

Why would he be? I have a messed up family, 2 schizofrenics and pain, mom is going to be operated soon I think my uncle is trying to kill himself by not taking medicine while his lungs are infected and so on, but this pain also intensifies the good stuff. For every minus theres a plus.

And I say this knowing how sad and often I cry about my mentally ill brother and being unable to help him.

Edit: Also, should be obvious he's joking.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:00:22 pm by Nine »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45409 on: April 01, 2011, 09:58:29 pm »

So yeah, a gigantic weight off my shoulders.

Really glad to see this.

Slightly related note: power metal makes me happy.  It's the only musical genre which consistently expresses and describes the gravity and complexity of human emotion, both instrumentally and lyrically, and in both mundane and extraordinary contexts.  For an incredible album about parenting see Invisible Circles by After Forever.

Has a downside.  As time goes on, I find myself more frequently skipping over everything else, even though I like many other kinds of music.  Hard to listen to more subtle or traditional music after you've gotten used to stuff that's super-emotionally-charged and progressive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45410 on: April 01, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »

Eh, it's not so much that I appreciate the good moments because there are mostly bad moments. That's a terrible way to go about things when it comes to this crap. I'm happy because things are improving. Little by little we advance each day, healing the wounds we inflict on eachother.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #45411 on: April 01, 2011, 10:02:56 pm »

Eh, it's not so much that I appreciate the good moments because there are mostly bad moments. That's a terrible way to go about things when it comes to this crap. I'm happy because things are improving. Little by little we advance each day, healing the wounds we inflict on eachother.

The happiness you now experience and might later experience would be impossible without the former experiences.

edit: Power metal have been my favourite genre for years,(Since I was 9 or so, Blind Guardian <3) but today I actually listen more to folk and rap.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:07:59 pm by Nine »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45412 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:55 pm »

Slightly related note: power metal makes me happy.  It's the only musical genre which consistently expresses and describes the gravity and complexity of human emotion, both instrumentally and lyrically, and in both mundane and extraordinary contexts.  For an incredible album about parenting see Invisible Circles by After Forever.

Has a downside.  As time goes on, I find myself more frequently skipping over everything else, even though I like many other kinds of music.  Hard to listen to more subtle or traditional music after you've gotten used to stuff that's super-emotionally-charged and progressive.

Haha, power metal.
It's been awhile...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45413 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »

Haha, power metal.
It's been awhile...

For a second there I could have sworn I was listening to the song from 'Today I die', then there were lyrics.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45414 on: April 01, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »

The happiness you now experience and might later experience would be impossible without the former experiences.

Good or bad, what matters is that you allow yourself to experience deeply and fully.  So many people seem deadset on permanently attaching themselves to a middle-ground, because they're too afraid of the bad stuff that necessarily comes with good stuff.

Edit:
Haha, power metal.
It's been awhile...

I wish I could see what song you linked to :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:12:38 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #45415 on: April 01, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »

Good or bad, what matters is that you allow yourself to experience deeply and fully.  So many people seem deadset on permanently attaching themselves to a middle-ground, because they're too afraid of the bad stuff that necessarily comes with good stuff.

Yup, but the more extreme happiness you feel the more extreme pain will you feel aswell. Opposite too, so while bad is bad, bad can also be the thing that will at some point give you the feeling of true happiness.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45416 on: April 01, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »

Are we doing the deep and meaningful, touchy feely thing today?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #45417 on: April 01, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »

Max, I love you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45418 on: April 01, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »

No we're doing the attempting to be meta and knowledgeable thing of a thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45419 on: April 01, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »

Max, I love you.

I love you too Nine, and when we get out of this, I swear were going to go to that baseball game!
Pages: 1 ... 3026 3027 [3028] 3029 3030 ... 13310