Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3205 3206 [3207] 3208 3209 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384923 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #48090 on: April 16, 2011, 03:07:25 pm »

Watch out for turrets. And energy orbs. And acid basins. And pretty much anything else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48091 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »

Hey, its your choice. And I'm not going to think any less about you.

Yeah, I just want to keep working on it in its current context before I open it to a larger audience.  Don't worry, it seems that there's enough folks who want to see it that I'll probably go through with the airing-out.

Also, Eridan is such an enormous raving douchebag that I end up feeling better about life in general.  Just because at least I'm not that much of an asshole.

Still my favorite character, though I[m starting to suspect that he's some sort of weird hipster fish-Harry Potter-Dragonball reference thrown into a blender.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48092 on: April 16, 2011, 03:14:03 pm »

What ever made you think that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48093 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

What ever made you think that?

>_____>

See, I thought it was just a Dragonball bias, but then I started seeing all the other DB references thrown into things outside of Eridan's characterization, and went "Ah-ha <3"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48094 on: April 16, 2011, 03:20:31 pm »

It's cool to see someone else who's intelligent that likes Dragonball.  So many who will admit to liking it are not the most flattering to associate with, and others will simply call it juvenile and ridicule you for ever liking it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48095 on: April 16, 2011, 03:23:48 pm »

It's cool to see someone else who's intelligent that likes Dragonball.  So many who will admit to liking it are not the most flattering to associate with, and others will simply call it juvenile and ridicule you for ever liking it.

Oh, another one? <3

I'm actually a closeted raving Dragonball fangirl.  It's probably my favorite manga, though I'm sure that that's partially due to heavy nostalgic bias.  First thing I ever read start to finish.

Toriyama's dialogue well never stop amusing me ... hehehe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48096 on: April 16, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

I have to respect Dragonball too.  Although it's always associated with the Dragonball Z show that aired on Toonami, hehehe.  Ah well, I'll read the manga when I have the chance to.  I don't remember how many volumes there are though.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #48097 on: April 16, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »

Nearly 400 Bleach chapters until I'm caught up.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48098 on: April 16, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »

Wasn't Dragon Ball Z terrible compared to the books?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48099 on: April 16, 2011, 03:27:46 pm »

I have to respect Dragonball too.  Although it's always associated with the Dragonball Z show that aired on Toonami, hehehe.  Ah well, I'll read the manga when I have the chance to.  I don't remember how many volumes there are though.

I mostly enjoy the show as a source of amusement and terrible voiceacting.  English one, anyway.

Wasn't Dragon Ball Z terrible compared to the books?

Eh, that's the way I feel.  DBZ was based on the later 3/4 of the manga, but I feel that the transfer didn't do a very good job of it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48100 on: April 16, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »

I have the last two volumes of the manga. Lot less uhh... padding?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48101 on: April 16, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »

Damn, 42 volumes would take a couple weeks at least for me to read.  I could probably do one or two volumes a day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48102 on: April 16, 2011, 03:31:49 pm »

I have the last two volumes of the manga. Lot less uhh... padding?

Yeah... I'm embarrassed saying this, but when I read through I always end up crying at the end =/  Well, in a lot of places, actually.

*sigh*

It reads pretty differently in French and Japanese than it does in English, oddly enough.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48103 on: April 16, 2011, 03:33:08 pm »

oO I have it in French...

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48104 on: April 16, 2011, 03:35:12 pm »

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Sigging that.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: 1 ... 3205 3206 [3207] 3208 3209 ... 13310