Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3214 3215 [3216] 3217 3218 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375983 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #48225 on: April 17, 2011, 02:10:45 am »

Wow. That is probably the first time I have ever heard that word used on a forum. Well, that root I guess.

That seemed kind of inevitable considering the premise and the fact that it's a VN. Still a little disappointing though.

Always glad to use arcane terminology >_> <_<  I almost jumped when I saw the word "concupiscent" used with no preamble in a novel the other day.

\Would it be a bad time to mention that I absolutely loathe those kind of people IRL, and in most fiction? Close to AM's HATE HATE HATE of humans, but with added delusions of self-righteousness.

*shrug*

I'm just going to say, man, that I'm the sort of person who always gets crazy-enormous crushes on teachers (but never acts on them to any degree, because why the hell would I ruin a good thing).  It didn't bother me that much as a piece of fantasy.

My issue in this case was that that particular subplot was just... boring.  I didn't feel like anything was at risk throughout the entire game, and I could figure out the right answers easily.  I liked the characterizations and plots, but ultimately I guess it just felt too light.  I really wanted what I thought happened to have happened, and I wanted figuring out what really happened to be harder.

And, yeah, I wanted more romantic options or something =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48226 on: April 17, 2011, 02:13:23 am »

It's not that I hate the minors crushing on their teachers.

It's that I HAET HAET HAET HAET if it's some creepy old guy drooling over his students.

Heard some horror stories from my ma.

All I can say from those is squick.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48227 on: April 17, 2011, 02:14:56 am »

It's Toadys birthday!

HORAY!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48228 on: April 17, 2011, 02:15:53 am »

It's not that I hate the minors crushing on their teachers.

It's that I HAET HAET HAET HAET if it's some creepy old guy drooling over his students.

Heard some horror stories from my ma.

All I can say from those is squick.

Oh, true.  That is really gross.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48229 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:12 am »

It's Toadys birthday!

HORAY!

Realy?
AWWW HELLL YEAAAA!!!!!! I wonder if I should wander from the lower forums, back into general, to join in on the celebrations.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48230 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:47 am »

Oh, true.  That is really gross.

Amen to that, ma'am.

Also,

It's Toady's birthday!

HOORAY!

Fixed.

If you are to pay tribute to THE AWESOME TOADMAN OF GODLY GAMEMAKERLYNESS, you should do it properly.

/GrammarNazi
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48231 on: April 17, 2011, 02:18:06 am »

It's Toadys birthday!

HORAY!

Realy?
AWWW HELLL YEAAAA!!!!!! I wonder if I should wander from the lower forums, back into general, to join in on the celebrations.

Don't do it man, it's a scary place up there.
Like, worse than turning around and finding a Gamzee creeper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48232 on: April 17, 2011, 02:18:54 am »

I would like more romantic options in Vns too, im sick of the girls jumping on everything that is a guy >_>

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48233 on: April 17, 2011, 02:20:21 am »

It's Toadys birthday!

HORAY!

Realy?

Don't do it man, it's a scary place up there.
Like, worse than turning around and finding a Gamzee creeper.

Aww, it couldn't be that bad. Go hang out with Deon and NW_Kohaku for a while, the upstairs regulars.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48234 on: April 17, 2011, 02:20:44 am »

I would like more romantic options in Vns too, im sick of the girls jumping on everything that is a guy >_>

Hell, I wanna have to work at it for once... meh.  I think Arianna actually made a pretty poor romantic lead.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #48236 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:00 am »

My issue in this case was that that particular subplot was just... boring.  I didn't feel like anything was at risk throughout the entire game, and I could figure out the right answers easily.  I liked the characterizations and plots, but ultimately I guess it just felt too light.  I really wanted what I thought happened to have happened, and I wanted figuring out what really happened to be harder.
That is pretty much the exact criticism I could level at Digital.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48237 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:09 am »

I'm just going to say, man, that I'm the sort of person who always gets crazy-enormous crushes on teachers (but never acts on them to any degree, because why the hell would I ruin a good thing).  It didn't bother me that much as a piece of fantasy.

I can respect the story-telling attraction behind pretty much any plot, but do you really want to append yourself to fiction, fanfiction at that, which could easily be called Sting lyrics in narrative form?

I'm just kidding around, write whatever comes to you.  Hopefully, one of these days in the near future, I'll actually finally give it a shot myself.  I keep thinking I've finally worked up the nerve to stare my own creativity in the face again, but one thing or another keeps interrupting me.  For the longest time I wondered what the phenomenon was that I'd have huge stretches of free time, and only finally want to do something as other stuff is interrupting me, but I realized (a while ago), that I apparently only have the courage to be creative when I know I won't have the opportunity to act on it.  Something has to break this cycle eventually.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48238 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:11 am »

So far the two main VN series I have played are both really long with multiple multiple games in the series and have nothing to do with dating.  It's always murder dammit murder.  Ace Attorney and Umineko why do you do this so.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48239 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:34 am »

So far the two main VN series I have played are both really long with multiple multiple games in the series and have nothing to do with dating.  It's always murder dammit murder.  Ace Attorney and Umineko why do you do this so.

Somehow I have totally managed to loose track of what this conversation was about.
Pages: 1 ... 3214 3215 [3216] 3217 3218 ... 13310