Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3465 3466 [3467] 3468 3469 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376708 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [Cute!] Things Tielle cuterage!'d at today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #51990 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:44 am »

MSPA, Touhou, various webcomics, not to mention playing vidya gaems, all of them made me happy today.

ALL OF IT.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51991 on: May 19, 2011, 01:47:41 am »

MSPA, Touhou, various webcomics, not to mention playing vidya gaems, all of them made me happy today.
THat pretty much sums up my life :V

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51992 on: May 19, 2011, 01:53:44 am »

Well, you'd have to add writing, graphic novels, manga, books, old war movies, Westerns, stuffing myself and sleeping, then you'd sum up my life.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51993 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:47 am »

THat pretty much sums up my life :V
Same here, except minus touhou and plus drawing.

I managed to get a 5 KDR in Black Ops earlier today. I have no idea how I did that.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51994 on: May 19, 2011, 01:58:38 am »

Oh man, Black Ops.

I once got a 5 KDR by using my trusty silenced FAMAS with an ACOG scope.

I love Scavenger :V
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51995 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:47 am »

Oh man, Black Ops.

Ghost Pro, silenced Famas, slight of hand pro, and a bunch of poor, hapless people playing Hardcore Domination.

On-topic: It's raining lightly, I have my window open and can hear it hitting the ground, and it makes very wonderful white noise.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51996 on: May 19, 2011, 02:16:40 am »

Oh man, Black Ops.

Ghost Pro, silenced Famas, slight of hand pro, and a bunch of poor, hapless people playing Hardcore Domination.

On-topic: It's raining lightly, I have my window open and can hear it hitting the ground, and it makes very wonderful white noise.

Silent hunter pro, extended mags SPAS-12 with a bayonet and ACOG scope and grenade launcher, and night vision goggles.
Got me a 50 killstreak and summoned skeletons all up in this shit.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51997 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:15 am »

Oh you.

Stop mocking us neckbeardy FPS-addicts! ;-;

Your cruel cruel words cut deep into my soft, sensitive skin, ein. Have you no soul?!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51998 on: May 19, 2011, 02:24:02 am »

Spoiler: Manly tears (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51999 on: May 19, 2011, 02:27:55 am »

The cynic in me wants to say "pics or it didn't happen", but even so, my hope for the human race has been raised a little bit.

Thanks, Jopax. That was... something to think about, I suppose.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52000 on: May 19, 2011, 02:36:23 am »

Yup, i was prepared to call BS but i didn't want to, it just seemed too nice to not be true (well atleast for me, i needed some of that faith in humanity or whatnot), plus, it's on the internet, and we all know the internet never lies :P
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52001 on: May 19, 2011, 02:40:48 am »

Wow. That's quite the thing.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52002 on: May 19, 2011, 03:14:51 am »

Yeah.
People like that are the best, really.

Oh you.

Stop mocking us neckbeardy FPS-addicts! ;-;

Your cruel cruel words cut deep into my soft, sensitive skin, ein. Have you no soul?!

I get enough COWADOOTY BLOPSY-OPS at school. :b

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #52004 on: May 19, 2011, 06:43:05 am »

Yeah... believe it or not, some people do nice things.  I've saved two people from homelessness.  Have given food or cash to some.  Gone out of my way to give rides to hitchhikers on two occasions.  None of my stories are quite so hallmark heartwarming, though.  In the case that has become a defining act of my life, I saved someone from a toxic family instead of reuniting them with a loving one, and it involved a lot more sacrifice than some cash and awkwardness.  Much less heartwarming, much more sobering.

I also feel guilty at times that I've never volunteered or donated to charity, but I've never had much freedom to do so.  I know plenty of people who have done much more good than I.

In my experience, most people are decent.  It's only a handful of people who are truly terrible.  Good people can act terrible at times when influenced by circumstances, and I don't mean that people who are treated badly treat others badly.  In fact, the nicest people I know are the ones who have suffered the most hardship.  People change in certain social situations, and especially in large groups.  Truly terrible people are only significant because our society is designed to reward them.  People focus on these things and become cynical.  Cynicism results in less people doing nice things and amplification of problems in general.  It's sad to me that people always act so surprised when given stories like these.

If you want faith in humanity, stop watching the news and talk to people.  Get their stories, and do it in personal settings.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3465 3466 [3467] 3468 3469 ... 13310