Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3578 3579 [3580] 3581 3582 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373423 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Headpants!] Things you wore on your head today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #53685 on: June 13, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »

So, some of you may remember CrazyGoggs, the guy who does the TroperTales series on youtube. Well, he's started a new series just now, one focused on The Nice Guys forum.

So here's Episode 1, and here's the site itself. (Warning: May cause hateragekill. You read The Nice Guys forum and watch CrazyGoggs' series on it at your own risk. The opinions of The Nice Guy forum do not reflect the opinions of MetalSlimeHunt.)

Addendum: This is in the happy thread because the forum it concerns is hilariously bad.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:41:24 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53686 on: June 13, 2011, 03:39:33 pm »

Thanks MSH. Now I have more people I can  look down upon and laugh at.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53687 on: June 13, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »

Been watching GetDaved's LP of GalCiv2:TA, and man, does it have some amazing quotes.
It's like a joke, but instead of laughing... uhh... Genocide.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53688 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »

So, some of you may remember CrazyGoggs, the guy who does the TroperTales series on youtube. Well, he's started a new series just now, one focused on The Nice Guys forum.

So here's Episode 1, and here's the site itself. (Warning: May cause hateragekill. You read The Nice Guys forum and watch CrazyGoggs' series on it at your own risk. The opinions of The Nice Guy forum do not reflect the opinions of MetalSlimeHunt.)

Addendum: This is in the happy thread because the forum it concerns is hilariously bad.

I need to grow more palms because my face still has room. It's like if Ayn Rand were a bro.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53689 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »

... Wow, I think my hand just went through my face.

On the other hand, I got a 98% on my first German test, and I seem to be making a friend.  Whoo!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53690 on: June 13, 2011, 04:37:46 pm »

Wow... I think I just facepalmed so hard I broke my nose.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53691 on: June 13, 2011, 04:39:56 pm »

Doc: "Hmm, and how exactly did you break your nose?"
AoD: "Internet."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53692 on: June 13, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

It's been surprisingly cool today. Much better than the 90°+ warehouse I was in all last week.

Doc: "Hmm, and how exactly did you break your nose?"
AoD: "Internet."
When will they find a cure?!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53693 on: June 13, 2011, 06:40:11 pm »

Guys, guys, guys... nice guys?

To be successful with women you just have to understand women.

This is how you court them, obviously.

Any other questions?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53694 on: June 13, 2011, 06:59:34 pm »

Watched Sherlock Holmes and also got around to working on a new system of tracking my income (via Excel) for when I'm freelancing. Of course, provided I keep track of how much is negotiated and/or how many hours I logged. Right now, it's still in it's prototype phase, but it looks like it's working out well. Just applied to a few new jobs (and have them pre-logged/ready for processing) and got them lined up on it. Now I just have to play the waiting game for what I get and what I don't (and what to clear out soon).

As of now, I'm using it to see if I can out-pace my old income rate(s) from my last job(s) based on their old data (if recorded or remembered). Still have to figure out how to work that out, since I have fixed pay and rate-based jobs to work between (and calculating). On the comforting side, I know that with fixed-pay jobs, I work fast, I get paid very well, in contrast; and I negotiate well enough with rate-based jobs (and work well enough hourly-wise), my skill yields a more generous income (while still being fair) compared to my past jobs. So fixed = move quick, but ensure quality, and hourly = take my time, but not too much (could affect my freelancer reputation if I take too long to get an hourly-rate job done). At least my common sense is a good navigator for these matters, so I don't have to worry too much.

Plus, site policy requires both parties (contractor (me) and employer) to state how long they intend a project to go on for (from hours to months). Employer states time and how much they're willing to pay, and contractor (via application process) negotiates how much they want to be paid, and how long they're willing or able to work. The site also has a program that works like a punch clock (and if armed with a webcam, screencaps employee and screen (both optional) as evidence of actually doing their job; and site holds the logs until contract is closed or cancelled (so hourly rates are tracked this way precisely, and time logged is confirmation/evidence of working for fixed pay)). I like how the system works, although I can also see just how (un)popular certain jobs are. I mean, certain hourly jobs can have up to hundreds of applicants, and other fixed-amount jobs can have as few as 3 applicants.

Then again, certain jobs are justified for their popularity ratings, provided you do the math. Example: Edit 1000 pictures for 50 bucks is not as lucrative as it sounds. $50.00/1000 = 5 cents a picture, and it takes some time to get it done too (especially if hi-res). Spend too much time (let's say 5-10 hours total, and you might as well wear a wrapper on your head labeled "Sucker". If done in 5 hours, then it's 10 bucks an hour (though unlikely), if done in 10 hours (more likely), then it's more like  5 bucks an hour. Longer than that, get that wrapper ready for your head.

It's also comforting to know that despite no longer working at my old job, my unemployment might yet still be valid, so as long as I have an income to record, I might still get support until my on-going client starts paying me via commissions. That is still taking it's time though, so I gotta keep myself working at least part-time. Fortunately, I have their guarantee, and I hold their word on it too. So like mentioned some time ago when I left my job, thank God I prepared my bank account ahead of time.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:04:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #53695 on: June 13, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

Just found out that legend of mana is now available for my PSP. Let's see, the plot was hard to grasp, godcrafting was easy, combat was really silly easy, and some quests are absurdly frustrating. I love this game.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53697 on: June 13, 2011, 08:12:30 pm »

I just chortled -

Amusing myself sitting here at my sister's apartment waiting for friends to get here and call. My sister's roommate walks in with laundry - she's a 'blonde beauty' as my sister puts it, not my type but pretty and intelligent. A minute after she walks in, someone knocks on the door. She and I exchange confused glances, and I go to open the door. A confused looking guy is standing there; he looks at me and says, "Uhhh, I was in the study room, and I was wondering... uhhhh.... if you have... two pieces of paper we could borrow?"

I give him a once over, and say "I'll take a look".

I come back and search my sister's room for paper, and go back and give it to him. He gives me a blank stare and says thanks before scurrying off. I watch him leave.

My sister's roommate asks me who it was, and I say some dude asking for paper. She says that the guys in the study room were just staring at her as she passed through the apartment lobby and making her uncomfortable. So of course this guy's approach to women, or backup plan, is to ask for paper- as he expected her to answer the door and not this surly looking asian guy. We shared a good laugh.

Fellow gentlemen: don't be pathetic. Or creeps.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:14:27 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53698 on: June 13, 2011, 08:15:21 pm »

My sister's roommate asks me who it was, and I say some dude asking for paper. She says that the guys in the study room were just staring at her as she passed through the apartment lobby and making her uncomfortable. So of course this guy's approach to women, or backup plan, is to ask for paper. We shared a good laugh.

Fellow gentlemen: don't be pathetic. Or creeps.

Well, he probably thought you were her boyfriend or something, so he had to think fast and come up with something to say that wouldn't get his ass kicked when you opened the door.  There's no good way out of a situation when you try to follow up with a woman you'd like to talk to, and some dude answers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53699 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:41 pm »

You know, speaking as a male that fancies himself as a gentleman, I can't imagine any situation in which openly-staring at a woman you just saw and following her back to her apartment and knocking on the door to introduce yourself is acceptable - even if you live in the same apartment building.

But I'm old fashioned like that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:22:47 pm by KaelGotDwarves »
Pages: 1 ... 3578 3579 [3580] 3581 3582 ... 13310