Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373393 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57780 on: July 26, 2011, 01:45:12 pm »

But guilt isn't happy! It should be in exchange for tildes!
It is now! (at least here)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57781 on: July 26, 2011, 01:46:31 pm »

Hmm...you remind me of one of the glaring flaws with Denmark. No mountains. I'm not a beach person, and the country is basically one big beach. Of course, Finland doesn't have any mountains either. It's like one big Minnesota (which is why most Finns in the US ended up in Minnesota). God knows why the Danes ended up in Iowa, other than it's flat.

It wasn't a Nick 'toon, but I'd love to see somebody bring 2 Stupid Dogs back. There was something just so wonderfully silly about that one. And it was the launchpad for Gennady Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken, and the last real thing that John Kricfalusi and Spümcø were connected with that was any good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57782 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:33 pm »

Hmm...you remind me of one of the glaring flaws with Denmark. No mountains. I'm not a beach person, and the country is basically one big beach. Of course, Finland doesn't have any mountains either. It's like one big Minnesota (which is why most Finns in the US ended up in Minnesota). God knows why the Danes ended up in Iowa, other than it's flat.

Finland does have some mountains I think, in Lappland, the really cold top :b Norway's awesome too though and Oslo shouldn't be that cold. Oslo also have a nice position, a ferry to Denmark and close to the border with Sweden. You gotta remember that you can move between all of Scandinavia+Finland however you like once your a citizen in one of the countries.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57783 on: July 26, 2011, 01:58:56 pm »

Norway's expensive. (Of course, so is Sweden).

And there is no way in ten thousand hells I would live in Lappland. I'm not even sure I would *visit* Lappland without being in some kind of climate-controlled encounter suit. My wife, of course, loved Lappland and ate raw reindeer with the Sami. And then went for a sauna and rolled naked in the snow.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57784 on: July 26, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »

And there is no way in ten thousand hells I would live in Lappland. I'm not even sure I would *visit* Lappland without being in some kind of climate-controlled encounter suit. My wife, of course, loved Lappland and ate raw reindeer with the Sami. And then went for a sauna and rolled naked in the snow.

Huh? Sweden expensive? <_<  Sweden is the cheapest of the three as far as I know, know nothing about Finnish prices. On the other side, Swedes do go to Copenhagen to drink and party rather often. Guess the beer is cheaper? Your wife sounds awesomely hardcore though.

Either way, Denmark have mountains close enough with the Nordic Council AND the Schengen-treaty meaning we're free to go wherever in Europe.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57785 on: July 26, 2011, 02:12:40 pm »

Spoiler: Related~ (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57786 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:24 pm »

It wasn't a Nick 'toon, but I'd love to see somebody bring 2 Stupid Dogs back. There was something just so wonderfully silly about that one. And it was the launchpad for Gennady Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken, and the last real thing that John Kricfalusi and Spümcø were connected with that was any good.
I believe 2 Stupid Dogs was a Cartoon Cartoon. It comes up once in awhile on Cartoon Network. It does hold a special charm to it. Some of the Secret Squirrel episodes were pretty funny too, also if you have mental references to Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, it adds to the funny factor.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57787 on: July 26, 2011, 02:18:08 pm »

I love whenever the dogs themselves turn up in Tartakovsky's other cartoons.  But that was a weird crossroads of comic talent, pity the reruns doesn't air more often.  Even Ren & Stimpy gets more attention now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57788 on: July 26, 2011, 02:39:30 pm »

Huh? Sweden expensive? <_<  Sweden is the cheapest of the three as far as I know, know nothing about Finnish prices. On the other side, Swedes do go to Copenhagen to drink and party rather often. Guess the beer is cheaper? Your wife sounds awesomely hardcore though.

Either way, Denmark have mountains close enough with the Nordic Council AND the Schengen-treaty meaning we're free to go wherever in Europe.

Sweden's a very nice place to live in, but I may be a bit biased in that regard. >.>

It looks like everything's generally a bit more expensive here (especially tech), but I don't think there's that much of a difference between the four countries.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57789 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:44 pm »

Setting up a dummy email for apartment hunting. Found a silly workaround to the spam filter that can't be turned off (all emails from addresses containing "@" will be moved to my inbox). Annoying that I needed a workaround in the first place, but as far as they go it's amusing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57790 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:01 pm »

You haven't seen Norwegian prices then xD

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57791 on: July 26, 2011, 03:00:04 pm »

I get fitted for a fancy suit today, and am meeting with my folks for dinner. I never used to like getting dressed up, but I find myself looking forward to wearing a nice, well-fitted suit again... at least inside, where it isn't already hellishly hot.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57792 on: July 26, 2011, 03:03:22 pm »

I get fitted for a fancy suit today, and am meeting with my folks for dinner. I never used to like getting dressed up, but I find myself looking forward to wearing a nice, well-fitted suit again... at least inside, where it isn't already hellishly hot.
:o Please remember to inform if it turns out to be a good evening :)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57793 on: July 26, 2011, 03:05:41 pm »

So what I'm hearing is, live in Denmark and take vacations in Norway or Sweden (in the summer)?  ;D

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57794 on: July 26, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »

Fuck me, Vegan Black Metal Chef is bloody amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 3851 3852 [3853] 3854 3855 ... 13310