Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376895 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57795 on: July 26, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »

So what I'm hearing is, live in Denmark and take vacations in Norway or Sweden (in the summer)?  ;D

Yes! Giv os din indkomst!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57796 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

Nearly got dragged along on a stroll around the various pubs, clubs and discos here, but I managed to talk my way out.
I really just want to go over all the material again, take a shower, read a little and sleep.

And if I wouldn't need to go all the way to the basement to have WLAN, I would actually post more.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57797 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »

So what I'm hearing is, live in Denmark and take vacations in Norway or Sweden (in the summer)?  ;D

Yeah, the language thing is going to be a whole 'nother issue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57798 on: July 26, 2011, 03:34:51 pm »

The language thing is easy~
Danish is pretty easy to learn as an English speaker~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57799 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »

Blurble blurble

Only two more chapters of German to go until I'm done with the coursework, almost a month early.  Two more chapters.  At two hours apiece, that's four hours.  And then I'll be done and won't have to worry anymore, and can get to work on Russian seriously so I can skip the damned class.

Concentrate, Vector, concentrate!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57800 on: July 26, 2011, 03:38:09 pm »

I find it weird that I understand that but not basic Dutch.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57801 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:08 pm »

The language thing is easy~
Danish is pretty easy to learn as an English speaker~

This is the truth, english was hugely influenced by danish during the danish invasion and colonising of britain, and they share influences in the latin and french, have grammatical similarities and were both influensed by medieval german aswell.

Reading danish you can learn in a month or two if you want to and can concentrate on it, speaking it, as the picture above shows, is a whole other matter.

I find it weird that I understand that but not basic Dutch.

Me too, Dutch and Danish have a lot in common soundwise, the writing is rather different however.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57802 on: July 26, 2011, 04:05:00 pm »

Nearly got dragged along on a stroll around the various pubs, clubs and discos here, but I managed to talk my way out.
I really just want to go over all the material again, take a shower, read a little and sleep.

And if I wouldn't need to go all the way to the basement to have WLAN, I would actually post more.
Look buddy, on one hand you're complaining that you're not making any friends, while at the same time you're refusing to interact with people who offered you an opportunity to do just that.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57803 on: July 26, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »

I read somewhere recently that a majority of danes are embarrassed about their language.

Could be because norwegians keep ridiculing it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eng5rJm9X7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-ZH4kIsD8

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57804 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »

I'm happy because I found a axe-mace thing thats much more fun to use (if somewhat heavier) than what I had before in Hammerfight.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57805 on: July 26, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

I'm happy because I found a axe-mace thing thats much more fun to use (if somewhat heavier) than what I had before in Hammerfight.
I'll stick with my combo of Skinner and Pickaxe. It's more dwarfy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57806 on: July 26, 2011, 05:39:26 pm »

Skinner is fun, but how does it work with the Pickaxe?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57807 on: July 26, 2011, 06:32:41 pm »

Skinner is fun, but how does it work with the Pickaxe?
Y'see, it's not so much as removing the skin from the corpse as it is removing the corpse from the skin. 's like excavating.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #57808 on: July 26, 2011, 06:52:26 pm »

My friend made DeviantArt's front page and HOLY WOW is he getting a lot of positive comments.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57809 on: July 26, 2011, 06:58:13 pm »

Hammerfight again. You have to choose between a normal level and a 'hard' one after the two tutorials. The hard level has a bunch more enemies, but if you land one or two solid blows on them, they die, which is the opposite of hard compared to the several duels in a row you get going the other way. This is not the happy part, though. The happy part is that apparently picking that mission also unlocks 'Grim mode', which I didn't even know about until now! Woo for surprises.

Secondary Happy: I've reached a total of 100 days online here! Woo for round milestoneish numbers too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:00:08 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3852 3853 [3854] 3855 3856 ... 13310