Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3991 3992 [3993] 3994 3995 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14514387 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #59880 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:49 pm »

Rats. Yeah, it's not a hard game*, so more of what I meant is that you are good at being efficient about it. Possibly I should be less thorough in my lootings, that is all that I can imagine is slowing me down and it's hardly necessary.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59881 on: August 18, 2011, 04:46:39 pm »

Yeah, I loot everything I can possibly get to and check every room, but there's also been some minor puzzles I was just too fed up with to do anything about (mostly scaling the cliff to Viper Manor and not feeling like timing my getting smacked by falling rocks to that degree).

I'm glad you think I'm good at it, though :D  I have to say, RPGs and puzzle games are my specialty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59882 on: August 18, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59883 on: August 18, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »

Playing Arcanum, I prevented a bank robbery, then strolled into the back room of the bank, which the teller had unlocked in fleeing from the bandits, and looted the safe.

Absurd.
*Hugs*

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59884 on: August 18, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »

What's next? Polish? Mandarin?
Gotta ace 'em all.

Well, realistically, more German, and then more Russian =/  And after that, Ancient Greek and Latin.  And then probably Spanish and Italian... but once I'm done with those, definitely Polish and Mandarin!

(i'm trapped in a universe-making factory help oh god)
If you've got a good grip on German and English you could also shoot for Danish (or Dutch, but that would be self-promotion). Hell, I can kind of read that site linked by Lysabild even though all my Danish knowledge comes from a 2 week vacation last year.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59885 on: August 18, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

If you've got a good grip on German and English you could also shoot for Danish (or Dutch, but that would be self-promotion). Hell, I can kind of read that site linked by Lysabild even though all my Danish knowledge comes from a 2 week vacation last year.

But can you count to 100? That's the true test of danish comprehension.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59886 on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »

Draggy <3

Dunno, he is just kind of adorable and plump.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59887 on: August 18, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »

I love HP Lovecraft. :)
Is it so wrong that reading Pickman's Model made my day?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #59888 on: August 18, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »

Home Norris is best Norris. Even better than the Chuck variety.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure which Things that made you X thread to post this in, but I seem to think of myself as Bauglir now as much as I do my actual name. That's very odd, but it doesn't quite make me go WTF since I understand why.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:03:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59889 on: August 18, 2011, 06:09:24 pm »

I sometimes refer to myself as Toony, but that's only depending on what I'm thinking about and always in my head.  In any case, I feel pretty good today.  I'm thinking about people I secretly admire and would probably surprise everybody I know.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59890 on: August 18, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »

This has never happened to me, because I always refer to myself as Japa

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59891 on: August 18, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »

I've seriously considered changing my name to Kai, but I don't think it'd be worth the bother.

I also identify with it as much as my real name.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59892 on: August 18, 2011, 06:14:41 pm »

I don't care if they say it is a Mary Sue Generator, she would still make an awesome character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59893 on: August 18, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »

I don't care if they say it is a Mary Sue Generator, she would still make an awesome character.

I found the one you're usung, and:

Aside from the name, fuck yeah that's awesome. I never knew dick-punching was a super power.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59894 on: August 18, 2011, 06:37:15 pm »

Aside from the name, fuck yeah that's awesome. I never knew dick-punching was a super power.
Maybe some of her enemies didn't have dicks before she punched them? Or maybe it's the ability to punch any dick, wherever it is?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 3991 3992 [3993] 3994 3995 ... 13311