Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4124 4125 [4126] 4127 4128 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382832 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61875 on: September 12, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »

How the fuck is it possible to be legally bound to not describe it?
I mean, what would require that?
This magical document called a confidentiality agreement. There are other names, but this is nice catch-all term.
I choose to assume it's enforced by ninja.
I'm told the department of defence gives out non-disclosure agreements to anyone who does anything for them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the department of defence gave non-disclosure agreements to their garbage men to prevent trash leaks, it seems like the kind of thing they'd try.
Do you know what kind of crap the DoD probably puts in their trash? I wouldn't be shocked at all if they made their garbage guys sign NDAs.

Heck, the only DoD people I can think of that wouldn't have some reason to sign an NDA is the guys who draft the NDAs.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #61876 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »

How the fuck is it possible to be legally bound to not describe it?
I mean, what would require that?
This magical document called a confidentiality agreement. There are other names, but this is nice catch-all term.
I choose to assume it's enforced by ninja.
I'm told the department of defence gives out non-disclosure agreements to anyone who does anything for them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the department of defence gave non-disclosure agreements to their garbage men to prevent trash leaks, it seems like the kind of thing they'd try.
Do you know what kind of crap the DoD probably puts in their trash? I wouldn't be shocked at all if they made their garbage guys sign NDAs.

Heck, the only DoD people I can think of that wouldn't have some reason to sign an NDA is the guys who draft the NDAs.
Yeah, but those guys are their lawyers so they probably deal with all sorts of confidential stuff anyway.

But seriously, who signs an NDA at... what are you, 16? (That's what your profile says) What could possibly necessitate that?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61877 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:53 pm »

I am, yup. Starting a company sometime this year, I hope. If this works.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61878 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

I am, yup. Starting a company sometime this year, I hope. If this works.

Man, you seem like a ambitious little bugger. Good luck with that, if you ever become rich and famous remember I accept kickbacks for loot in DnD.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61879 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:33 pm »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61880 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:23 pm »

Accept a job at any big company and you will sign an NDA, even fast food chains.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61881 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:29 pm »

http://wins.failblog.org/2011/09/12/epic-win-photos-wood-carving-win/
Woodcarvings of awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy shit fuck everything else in my life I am going to go learn how to carve wood.

That's the best thing I have ever seen.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61882 on: September 12, 2011, 09:30:45 pm »

My "I will be interviewing for a 20 bucks an hour full-time job on Fridayish" good news seems somehow insignificant in comparison to apparently-viable plans involving starting a company at age 16ish and changing the world thereby, but it's still good since it would solve all of my immediate problems and free me up to start considering how to one-up our local Seal God.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61883 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:05 pm »

Woodcarvings of awesome.

Holy shit fuck everything else in my life I am going to go learn how to carve wood.

That's the best thing I have ever seen.
Those must have taken months to do... and a lot of glue.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61884 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »

My "I will be interviewing for a 20 bucks an hour full-time job on Fridayish" good news
Hey, it's actually a solid thing. I'm just doing research to do something that might happen.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61885 on: September 12, 2011, 09:41:44 pm »

Yes, but yours is an awesomer thing that you didn't stumble into through pure, unadulterated luck. The fact that you have an NDA on whatever it is indicates that there's something solid in terms of what you're doing, even if it's research that ultimately says, "This is not possible and the natural laws mock you for your feeble attempts at learning, having been anthropomorphically personified for just such an occasion". Although I'm pretty sure that's only happened, like, twice so you're probably good in that regard.

It's definitely solider than my own research, which is a few hours of Wikipedia and hardware-store-skimming, which just means I shall have to try harder. Your so-far-success is inspiration to reach for superficially similar goals!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #61886 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:26 pm »

Woodcarvings of awesome.
That's amazing. Those are astonishingly beautiful. The guy apparently refused to sell the eagle so he must just do it for personal enjoyment.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61887 on: September 12, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »

Acoustic version of Minecraft Everyday has made me smile a bit extra today. Learning how to do it on the guitar right now.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #61888 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:27 pm »

I just ran into something... strange.

Spoiler: Roadkill beer? (click to show/hide)

I mean seriously, it has 55% alcohol content

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61889 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:04 pm »

Oh hey squirrels!! x3

Don't worry fuzzy buddies, we'll still like you.
Pages: 1 ... 4124 4125 [4126] 4127 4128 ... 13310