Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4236 4237 [4238] 4239 4240 ... 12747

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7830009 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63555 on: October 04, 2011, 10:17:52 am »

Found a Spiderman Noir comicbook the other day, and picked it up for my roommate. It's a neat little rewrite set in the 30's, during Hoover's presidency. Peter Parker comes from a family of Communist Activists who get on the wrong side of some mobsters funded by big business, who then killed his uncle. Parker ends up encountering a Voodoo Spider-God, which grants him juju powers, which he uses to track down and assassinate criminals.

It's pretty gritty, with a significantly more Batman feel... but it's pretty neat!
GamesTweets

Quote from: Sonnet: Against Entropy
Regret, by definition, comes too late;
Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63556 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:11 am »

Commie pagan Spiderman? Sounds fun.

EDIT: If Ayn Rand is one of the supervillains, I'm sold.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63557 on: October 04, 2011, 10:27:42 am »

I've never been a big Comics person, but I've always had a soft spot for Spiderman, and Anansi has always been one of my favorite gods. Put them together, with a side of gumshoe detectives vs. mobsters, and I'm pretty happy.

GamesTweets

Quote from: Sonnet: Against Entropy
Regret, by definition, comes too late;
Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63558 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:21 am »

My sleep schedule is finally straightened out to where I don't go to sleep at seven in the morning and wake up at five in the afternoon.  Been waking up anywhere from 6 AM to 11 AM lately, which means more time to talk to my friends.

Looking for an apartment with one of said friends right now and I'm finally getting ready to leave home.  Long overdue, in my opinion.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #63559 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:15 am »

Windows 7 has installed, everything seems okay. Gonna take a while to get used to, though.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • no longer relevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63560 on: October 04, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

I played Company of Heroes for the first time.

That was... hrm. Well, that was probably the very first time I've ever played an RTS seriously with an intent to finish a game. I lost my first game, of course, but it was spectacularly fun. I love all the detail that went into the maps and squads and such. The way the units spout out things like how much they hate their jobs is great. The artillery strike-type special attacks seemed a little tacked on for some reason, like they were operating way too much on generic RTS logic. But that didn't really matter to me because wasting resources on that kind of thing felt awesome.

Thanks nenjin for getting me interested in this game in the first place. I'm glad I spent $2 on it.
i don't do anything around here anymore

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63561 on: October 04, 2011, 11:02:05 am »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63562 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:12 am »

Who just learn some new songs for bass? this guy 8)

love them Rolling Stones.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • having a bad vibration
    • View Profile
« Reply #63563 on: October 04, 2011, 11:52:04 am »

Hey there doggy...
What is up with this class.

In other news, Kids React is still pretty hilarious.

EDIT:
One of the news source sites I have to read is The Onion.

Hahaha

awesome
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:52:29 pm by ToonyMan »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63564 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:54 pm »

The Onion is so unbelievably awesome, this news article by them made me laugh out loud.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • no longer relevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63565 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

Me and the same troll met up four times on Omegle's question-answering thing. Each time we would say hi and laugh about how funny it is that we met up again (we knew it was each other because he'd post a trollface ASCII art and I'd say "oh hey trollguy a/s/l"). Eventually the fourth time we got into a lengthy discussion about life, college and video games and then added each other on Steam.

Random strangers on the internet are not all bad.
i don't do anything around here anymore

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63566 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:36 pm »

Brand new shiny HP Touchpad sitting on the porch at home waiting for me. Can't wait to set up a dual-boot with webOS and Android.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63567 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:51 pm »

Brand new shiny HP Touchpad sitting on the porch at home waiting for me. Can't wait to set up a dual-boot with webOS and Android.

Did they finally put out their long-awaited second round, or did you leverage some inside connections?

I was thinking about getting one of the $99 Touchpads, but grew out of the habit of frequently checking for updates.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63568 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:01 pm »

Did they finally put out their long-awaited second round, or did you leverage some inside connections?

I was thinking about getting one of the $99 Touchpads, but grew out of the habit of frequently checking for updates.

Inside connections. They had a web-only sale just within the company. Got me one of the 32GB, $149 jobs. Dunno if they're going to offer any more to the public or not. There seems to be some question as to whether Meg Whitman is going to reverse the policies of Leo the Mad and keep the TouchPad around after all (and not get out of the PC market).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63569 on: October 04, 2011, 03:48:57 pm »

From what little inside connections  I have (much less than Redking, I assure you,) in the PSG (HP's Personal Systems Group), PSG is getting spun off into its own business under the HP brand, so that they can react to the market faster. From what I heard, the new photosmart printers coming out late october had been in the works for almost two years. That's an unacceptable turnaround time because of how quickly hardware and designs become obsolete. They're looking to cut down on the red tape that each design has to go through.

When the PSG spinoff happens, the PSG will be ranked #16 on the Forbes 500. PCs bring in more profit for HP than the entire Target chain makes a year. So, no, HP is not getting out of the PC business. They're just going to do it a little differently, even though the logos aren't even going to change. It'll just help HP's R&D focus on the enterprise stuff like the board wants them to do, while forcing the board to be less hands on with PCs, which brings about innovation, because everyone working on PCs will actually know what they're doing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4236 4237 [4238] 4239 4240 ... 12747