Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4229 4230 [4231] 4232 4233 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373965 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63450 on: October 04, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

Gonna try to get this out of the library :3

And this.

I can thoroughly vouch for the Scott McCloud book... it's intelligently written, well-researched, and insightful. The second looks interesting as well! Time to add another entry to the book list.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63451 on: October 04, 2011, 10:04:57 pm »

Scott McCloud is just an awesome guy.  He made an appearance at my school and I talked to him one-on-one for about 30 seconds.  In that short time, he made me completely re-assess my approach to my capstone project.  I immediately went out and bought Making Comics, and ended up modeling my capstone after the format of his book.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63452 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »

it's always nice to read when you're not supposed to. :U

Why is a time when you're not supposed to read even a thing in school >_____>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63453 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »

Yeah, when I was in elementary school I always got in trouble for reading when I wasn't suppose too. Ironically my teacher had to talk to my parents about it after awhile.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63454 on: October 04, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »

Yeah, when I was in elementary school I always got in trouble for reading when I wasn't suppose too. Ironically my teacher had to talk to my parents about it after awhile.

You would think schools would be encouraging their students to read. What a bunch of hypocrites.  :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63455 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:10 pm »

Never had that problem.  As long as we weren't actively doing something it should be fine.

Especially in college now.  Heck, I could eat a whole meal during class if the professor was lenient and if they weren't a drink would still be fine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63456 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »

Fucking awesome.  Those two books are things I didn't know I needed in my life, but definitely, definitely, definitely want to have read.

I'm also happy today because I'm making the wise decision to put my homework off for a day, duedate be damned (the professor told us that late homework would be accepted, just given a little bit less care in grading, and fuck it, I need a mental health day or two).  More Babylon 5 :I  I don't care if I'm being a bad student.  Right now, I'd be an even worse student if I made myself keep working when I feel this shitty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63457 on: October 04, 2011, 10:43:39 pm »

Percy Grainger really likes the Baritone Horn. I have four solos during that piece. It's perhaps my first or second most favorite song to play ever. (Pretty close to Coat of Arms by George Kenny.)

DA-DUM! DA-DUM! DA-DUM-DE-DUM-DE-DUM-DE-DAH! DE-DAH! DE-DAH! DA-DAH-DE-DAH-DE-DUM-DE-DUM-DE-DUM-BOM!

For those of you that listened to the YouTube video, that is indeed where I cover for the second French Horn part to produce that amazing riff at 3:34.

*hums to self*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:47:09 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63458 on: October 04, 2011, 11:06:16 pm »

In DF, my fort is in a siege. Finally, some fun.

Fun is making me happy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63459 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »

Just found a game that completely passed me by somehow.  It's ancient but it's like some kind of mixture of Wizardry, Brigandine, Empires Deluxe, and Master of Monsters.  Mostly empires deluxe and Brigandine.  And then take an empires deluxe map, and then throw a parallel world that also has players into it.  It is called Master of Magic.

Surely people are going to laugh at me for never having even heard of this game sooner. But I have just spent 7 hours straight playing this.  I apperantly had access to the 'good' plane very early into the game when I had taken a tower that had seemed to do nothing.  But when I had finally learned astral gate and successfully transferred some units over using it I saw that there was already an explored bit around a similarly placed tower, and sure enough when I placed some units there and changed my planar view they transferred.

I am now invading the green and happy realm with my army of dragonmen, beastmen, minotaurs, and dragons, slaughtering all in my way, because according to the graphs, I have something like 10 times the magic power inflow of all the chumps over here. And while I don't have THE largest army, it seems that even without my magic advantage I'm a close contender with the current big guy.  I named my first outpost on that side "The Black Morass".  Muahaha!

I think I'm in love.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:12:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63460 on: October 04, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

Just found a game that completely passed me by somehow.  It's ancient but it's like some kind of mixture of Wizardry, Brigandine, Empires Deluxe, and Master of Monsters.  Mostly empires deluxe and Brigandine.  And then take an empires deluxe map, and then throw a parallel world that also has players into it.  It is called Master of Magic.

Surely people are going to laugh at me for never having even heard of this game sooner. But I have just spent 7 hours straight playing this.  I apperantly had access to the 'good' plane very early into the game when I had taken a tower that had seemed to do nothing.  But when I had finally learned astral gate and successfully transferred some units over using it I saw that there was already an explored bit around a similarly placed tower, and sure enough when I placed some units there and changed my planar view they transferred.

I am now invading the green and happy realm with my army of dragonmen, beastmen, minotaurs, and dragons, slaughtering all in my way, because according to the graphs, I have something like 10 times the magic power inflow of all the chumps over here. And while I don't have THE largest army, it seems that even without my magic advantage I'm a close contender with the current big guy.  I named my first outpost on that side "The Black Morass".  Muahaha!

I think I'm in love.

*Sigh* I myself cannot get it to work.. perhaps I need dosbox..

Wait, I see it on GOG.. it seem compatible.. I should give it a try..

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63461 on: October 04, 2011, 11:14:12 pm »

I just got the gog version.  And yea, seems to need dosbox.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63462 on: October 04, 2011, 11:24:07 pm »

Percy Grainger really likes the Baritone Horn. I have four solos during that piece. It's perhaps my first or second most favorite song to play ever. (Pretty close to Coat of Arms by George Kenny.)

Oh man, I love me some Percy Granger. I had the luck of sitting right in front of the baritone when we performed Granger at Carnegie... pretty sure that's why my right ear can't hear as well as my left can now. :P

When I hear Granger, I smile from a mix of fond band memories, and genuine joy at listening to his music. He's directly responsible for my love of olde folk songs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63463 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:32 pm »

GoG version of MoM works fine on Win7 x64, though it wants its older .73 DOSBOX, not the one I have right now. theres an unofficial patch on Abandonia (also a link to buy it on gog there) if you want some bugfixes and other assorted ai improvements.
Also, related.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63464 on: October 04, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »

I think I'm in love.

Master of Magic was apparently the key inspiration behind the CivIV mod series "Fall from Heaven". I've been meaning to try it for a bit... let me know how it plays!
Pages: 1 ... 4229 4230 [4231] 4232 4233 ... 13310