Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14690533 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63645 on: October 06, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »

He's still got the green beard.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63646 on: October 06, 2011, 08:55:16 pm »

and a Chuck Norris avatar.

Speaking of which, I noticed Aqizzar changed his.  Possibly the first time I've ever experienced identity crisis over someone else's identity.  I don't know what else to call it.  One of the most instantly recognizable forum inhabitants (at least to me) and suddenly I can't instantly recognize him anymore.

Oh my-

I just noticed that. That's like if Capntastic changed his avatar or something. Wow!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63647 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:20 pm »

I've actually been having an identity crisis about my avatar lately.  The year is almost over, and it hasn't been altered yet.  This would be the first time.

2008 - Ben
2009 - Ben's beard turns green.  (Courtesy of Yanlin, P.B.U.H.)
2010 - Ben w/ green beard gains John Lennon glasses.  (Courtesy of Realmfighter I believe.)
2011 - Nothing yet.

Bringing back Doubledown Man for Halloween seemed like good fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63648 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »

I know how you feel bro. I haven't made noticeable changes to my sig ever, or have as a joke and changed it back 15 minutes later.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63649 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:45 pm »

SirAaronIII, I recognize you. I hope that makes you happy. Oh, and I'm brewing mead. I hope that that will let you people identify me as that one guy who likes to brew mead and make potentially dangerous contraptions that have no real use other than fun. REMEMBER ME DAMNIT

Oh, hi, Bauglir!  How's everything going?
My day, it just got so much better. Clearly, I have become addicted to attention... Hm. I'm going to go find a way to concentrate attention into liquid form, then ferment it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63650 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

My day, it just got so much better. Clearly, I have become addicted to attention... Hm. I'm going to go find a way to concentrate attention into liquid form, then ferment it.
It is commonly called alcohol,and you don't need to ferment it again.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63651 on: October 06, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

Ugh, kept getting sidetracked from writing this, so I'm a bit late to the game.

thatwasntthejoke.upsilonmyu
I've spent far too much time trying to figure out what this means, so I'm just going to ask. What does this mean?

Hello, guy who has nearly 2000 posts and yet is still unknown here! Sigh. Anyways, back to my ignored story idea that I'm happy I had. It's about a British loyalist during the american revolution. It would be told from his and his families perspective, and be mainly about his trials during the period, including hiding his loyalty from his fellow citizens. ***!!WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!!***
Since you asked so nicely, I think that I have no reason to relate to this story so it does not engage my interest even slightly. If I were particularly interested in the time period I might feel differently. There may be people out there to whom the description is appealing, but to be honest, I don't care, and neither should you.

A good artist can spin crap into gold, and in fact many of the best do. Because turning lead into gold is for amateurs.

If you see a story you want to develop in there go ahead and develop it. I doubt it's going to be as good as you picture it in your head, but with practice it could be. So go practice, come back with something to criticize...
Oh, and ask someone else to criticize it, because I've developed something of a hatred for literature set in that time period... Also I hate criticizing literature.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63652 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:46 pm »

Usually, I write

"that'sthejoke." + "some sort of file encoding ending."

This time, I got bored so I stated the negation and added some Greek letters that spelled out "um," mostly because the format of the joke was obvious and, well... I was bored =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63653 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

That's obscure, and obtuse... And yet when it's explained it seems fairly funny.

I guess if the rule of thumb for jokes is "don't explain the joke", then the rule for non-jokes is "please explain the non-joke".

But perhaps only if they ask first.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63654 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »

It was just a spontaneous idea. . . I mean. . . I don't know. I guess it sucks. And I'll really have no reason to write something that nobody will read.  May I ask why you hate literature set in that time period?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63655 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:37 pm »

Nothing to see here, move along please. Double post.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:49:00 pm by jc6036 »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63656 on: October 06, 2011, 09:46:53 pm »

That's obscure, and obtuse... And yet when it's explained it seems fairly funny.

I guess if the rule of thumb for jokes is "don't explain the joke", then the rule for non-jokes is "please explain the non-joke".

But perhaps only if they ask first.

Exactly, and it's a fun tributary of the "how do you show people that a message is a message" problem :3

It was just a spontaneous idea. . . I mean. . . I don't know. I guess it sucks. And I'll really have no reason to write something that nobody will read.  May I ask why you hate literature set in that time period?

See, what you have is a setting, but you don't exactly have a premise.  Your story is "someone is hiding and the technology doesn't go above muskets."  Think about watching a TV show about that.  Hours and hours and hours of "someone is hiding?"  Sounds like some sort of weird primetime sport to me, and I'm not so fond of that.

You need to develop more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63657 on: October 06, 2011, 09:46:59 pm »

I'm guessing because it's always soaked in one-sided political allegory?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63658 on: October 06, 2011, 09:48:21 pm »

There should be a .getit file extension. In fact, I shall make it my life work to make a photoshop clone that uses such an extension!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63659 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:45 pm »

Johnny Tremain wasn't terrible.

There should be a .getit file extension. In fact, I shall make it my life work to make a photoshop clone that uses such an extension!

Yes.  That would be a wonderful thing.

Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 13312