Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4253 4254 [4255] 4256 4257 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14544004 times)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63810 on: October 08, 2011, 10:52:37 pm »

Got my PS3 controller to work with my laptop ^_^
No more awkward keyboard placement for my big-ass hands anymore~
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63811 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:15 pm »

What game is this?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63812 on: October 08, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »

google search suggests battlefield 3

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63813 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:13 pm »

Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63814 on: October 08, 2011, 11:07:04 pm »

Siging that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63815 on: October 08, 2011, 11:37:25 pm »

The first thing I do when I start with a new RPG is find out how many ways I can break it. With D&D, the possibilities are endless. It's glorious.

This is why I stopped playing D&D.  All I wanted to do anymore was break it.  Except I would do it by designing reasonable characters that the game could not support without ridiculous amounts of house ruling.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #63816 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:26 am »

What game is this?
Battlefield 3 beta to be more specific; it's open beta (that means free, go get it!) until this monday. I've become the master of putting C4 on jeeps and running them into tanks before detonating the C4, jeep and enemy tank. :3

Assuming no technical problems get in the way, the multiplayer is simply superb, especially on PC where people can aim well. Not that I'll be buying it for awhile; $60 is way more than I'm willing to spend on a single game.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63817 on: October 09, 2011, 01:02:56 am »

Got an epic screenshot in Fallout 3 (best seen in full size) of a really close call (unfortunately, the game crashed not long after I took it :( ); and also had an excellent session of hunting feral ghouls at the Dunwich Building. I don't understand why people are so scared of that place? It seemed fine to me. :|
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:04:29 am by Itnetlolor »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63818 on: October 09, 2011, 01:08:38 am »

The first thing I do when I start with a new RPG is find out how many ways I can break it. With D&D, the possibilities are endless. It's glorious.
This is why I stopped playing D&D.  All I wanted to do anymore was break it.  Except I would do it by designing reasonable characters that the game could not support without ridiculous amounts of house ruling.
Yeah... there's a lot of stuff in splatbooks, but if it's not in those, it's hard to find. My characters tend to start out as being an absolutely terrible concept that simply sounds cool, and then I try to make it awesome. Water orc Battle Sorcerer, old-aged Truenamer, mage-slaying Warforged, etc. It makes for some strange character backstories.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63819 on: October 09, 2011, 01:37:53 am »

After a long 1 hour battle with a Trojan that pretended to be an anti-virus. I have emerged as the victor. I had to root around in a lot of folders looking for anything suspicious, it was somewhat easy to spot because the folders that had the trojan files in them just had random letters as the name of the folder. I then preceded to delete fucking everything.

I do have to admit though that it was a pretty clever Trojan, it looked like an actual antivirus you'd buy. Hell, it even did a fake Blue Screen (On Windows 7. which was kind of funny.) and then pretended to re-boot your computer.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63820 on: October 09, 2011, 01:45:20 am »

After a long 1 hour battle with a Trojan that pretended to be an anti-virus. I have emerged as the victor. I had to root around in a lot of folders looking for anything suspicious, it was somewhat easy to spot because the folders that had the trojan files in them just had random letters as the name of the folder. I then preceded to delete fucking everything.

I do have to admit though that it was a pretty clever Trojan, it looked like an actual antivirus you'd buy. Hell, it even did a fake Blue Screen (On Windows 7. which was kind of funny.) and then pretended to re-boot your computer.
That is clever as shit... Well good job taking it out. Gonna get it mounted?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63821 on: October 09, 2011, 01:50:27 am »

Put a copy of the virus on a floppy (all the best viruses are kept on floppies) and stick it on your wall.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63822 on: October 09, 2011, 01:52:16 am »

That is clever as shit... Well good job taking it out. Gonna get it mounted?
Holy crap. That is clever. I'm unsure whether I've been pinged by it or not myself (had a few BSODs hit me a few times), but made sure to verify it using the admin tools. Fortunately, the BSODs were legit (and I lack any unauthorized anti-malware/virus tools). Plus, I usually run virus-scanners/anti-malware anyhow at the slightest provocation. But still, now I'm more paranoid than usual. Thanks for the heads-up anyhow.

Now I gotta root around my folders to be safe.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:54:49 am by Itnetlolor »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63823 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:12 am »

Trophy Virus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63824 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:52 am »

Damn, mounting it on my wall is a pretty damn good idea. Maybe I can put it on a floppy disk and make its parent AV Online watch me burn it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4253 4254 [4255] 4256 4257 ... 13312