Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4264 4265 [4266] 4267 4268 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376784 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63975 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »

Making progress with "Amazing Adventures with Heffalumps and Woozles", also known as Amnesia.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:49:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63976 on: October 10, 2011, 09:48:51 pm »

Making progress with "Amazing Adventures with Heffalumps and Woozles", also known as Amnesia.

Good luck, you're going to hate storage if you're a jumpy person.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63977 on: October 10, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »

I'm only really jumpy when I'm going full-stealth, like most other stealth games. It's like a game of hide-and-seek and even though that's a harmless game, you hate to be noticed.

One good tip: Wine bottles or anything that can leave a loud *bang* when tossed really helps in making HTs get away from you quicker (kinda wish you could knock them out and watch them collapse after taking a good whack to the head from a heavy rock or force-feeding them blood wine (kudos to glass shards going down their throats); more satisfying if you could teabag them on the way out as a major "take that" to horror movies and etc.). I mean, I didn't need the flesh half as often as I thought during the last part of platformer hell (which I have the skills for and have been mocking it the entire time; even while opening the last gate (manual operation)).

I'll definitely be looking forward to the future nonsense.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and the darkness isn't really all that bad in the game. Sure you'll eventually lose sanity and eventually faint once in awhile, but as long as you're relatively safe, or find a good hiding spot before passing out, you can nearly go the whole game sans tinderboxes and lantern. Only using the lantern to snap out of it quicker, especially if you're short from your goal hiding spot before passing out.

I also proposed a challenge as part of my recommending the game. Highest score (most tinderboxes and lantern oil, and fewest pass-outs (and whatever's left in the lantern if a tie) wins. If you play Low Ball with this challenge, then you're a pansy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:04:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63978 on: October 10, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »

I'm only really jumpy when I'm going full-stealth, like most other stealth games. It's like a game of hide-and-seek and even though that's a harmless game, you hate to be noticed.

One good tip: Wine bottles or anything that can leave a loud *bang* when tossed really helps in making HTs get away from you quicker (kinda wish you could knock them out and watch them collapse after taking a good whack to the head from a heavy rock or force-feeding them blood wine (kudos to glass shards going down their throats); more satisfying if you could teabag them on the way out as a major "take that" to horror movies and etc.). I mean, I didn't need the flesh half as often as I thought during the last part of platformer hell (which I have the skills for and have been mocking it the entire time; even while opening the last gate (manual operation)).

I'll definitely be looking forward to the future nonsense.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and the darkness isn't really all that bad in the game. Sure you'll eventually lose sanity and eventually faint once in awhile, but as long as you're relatively safe, or find a good hiding spot before passing out, you can nearly go the whole game sans tinderboxes and lantern. Only using the lantern to snap out of it quicker, especially if you're short from your goal hiding spot before passing out.

I also proposed a challenge as part of my recommending the game. Highest score (most tinderboxes and lantern oil, and fewest pass-outs (and whatever's left in the lantern if a tie) wins. If you play Low Ball with this challenge, then you're a pansy.

Well, the storage is unnaturally dark, and don't get me started on the next area's darkness...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63979 on: October 10, 2011, 10:13:35 pm »

Well, the storage is unnaturally dark, and don't get me started on the next area's darkness...
Does it believe in a thing called love? Do I just have to listen to the rhythm of my heart? Is there's a chance I could make it now? Or will I be rocking 'til the sun goes down? I believe in a thing called love.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:15:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63980 on: October 10, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »

Finally got around to trying out Dark Souls. Got through the tutorial no problem, then met the first "real" enemy. Skeletons, not too bad yea?
NO.
They tore me up so many times and my sword did nothing. About to rage quit then I noticed something I should have seen before. I had a mace in my inventory  8)
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63981 on: October 10, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »

Okay, I've been spending a lot of time in the forums now. I planned to play Terraria earlier, but got kinda sidetracked. I should go play it now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63982 on: October 10, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »

My word, I cannot tell you how glad I am to be home.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #63983 on: October 10, 2011, 11:11:36 pm »

In New Vegas, using the fallout 3 R91 Assault rifle for fallout 3 nostalgia, That gun for fallout one nostalgia, and fuck fallout 2 so it doesn't get any nostalgia so I edited the leather armors to look more one sleeved than usual Nyah!

Fun~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63984 on: October 10, 2011, 11:34:44 pm »

After a three hour nap, my roommate's boyfriend gives me a pack of doritos as an apology for tricking me into doing a lot of work for him earlier~
Obviously he didn't say that, but I now his intentions in giving me these things~~

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63985 on: October 11, 2011, 01:18:34 am »

I'm reading a Fanfic based in a small American town, with a openly gay character, mostly everyone cool with the Mutant main character, and the baseball team (Who's lead player got kicked off and arrested for attacking the main character) piling out of a couple cars, surrounding the main character and then apologizing for the guy who attacked her

What is this I don't even.

Everything I know about small town america from the media has been a lie.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:21:23 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63986 on: October 11, 2011, 02:48:09 am »

A friend linked me to this article. At first I thought it would belong in the sad thread as the whole "broken Britain" / "decline" narrative is factually inaccurate, causes problems of it's own, and generally irritates me. Luckily the tone of the article shifts by the end. I'm glad to see things like this published.

One good thing to have come out of the decline narrative is some supurb satire on the subject. It makes me happy to even think about but only because it the real issue makes me sad. The joys of satire huh?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #63987 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:58 am »

Respect != politeness and vice-versa.

I don't get along too well with most Englishmen. I'm too rude and blunt for their tastes. I do a bit better with Welshmen and Scotsmen.

Happy because... I don't know actually. Feel like shit (sick), yet I am working, at a job I hate.
Happy because in two weeks I'm outta here! :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:20:12 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63988 on: October 11, 2011, 06:10:34 am »

I don't get along too well with most Englishmen. Too rude and blunt for their tastes. I do a bit better with Welshmen and Scotsmen.
Because Scotland is known for its sublety.  ???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #63989 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:00 am »

You read that wrong, I think, because you repeated my point... There's an "I am" missing from that second sentence. Let me fix that. Unsubtle is my middle name (yeah I had weird parents).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 4264 4265 [4266] 4267 4268 ... 13310