Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4267 4268 [4269] 4270 4271 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551988 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64020 on: October 11, 2011, 05:28:54 pm »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #64021 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »

I got a new bus driver today, and they have classical music on the radio.

Suddenly riding the bus home feels classy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64022 on: October 11, 2011, 05:38:39 pm »

I found a new forum avatar.

I like it~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I would have used that, but it is too big~
Hm.. Looks a lot like the art of one girl my brother used to hang out with, what with the colouring and contrast and such... If I only could remember her name. I would say I'll ask him for it, but unfortunately I'm sure I will have forgotten it by the morning.

Same thing when they complain about how "bad" or "immoral" society is today compared to when they were young - remind them who built that very society we have now.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64023 on: October 11, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »

Makes me both happy and sad...

Hmm... thank you.

I'm trying to change how I live my life for that, and similar, reasons... but good lord, it's hard.

Well... that's kind of how we're forced to live these days.  I complain a lot about the way the world is, and if it's not about prejudice or violence it can almost definitely be summed up as "I shouldn't be forced to live this way."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64024 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »

"These days"? There has never been any difference. We are animals. All animals live overstrained lives, constantly on the run from their own mortality, never having time for the now before they die.

Granted, I'm not saying it always has to be that way, since we have the benefit of being concious enough to realise we are living that way and that we don't have to live that way. But don't think people have ever known something different.

...Well, unless they were upper class and never had to worry about not making it through the morrowday, living on the backs of other people who provide for their needs.
Love, scriver~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64025 on: October 11, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

I'm trying to change how I live my life for that, and similar, reasons... but good lord, it's hard.
Change is never easy. You fight to hold on, you fight to let go.
Then you see some guy on the internet throws up a philosophical quote and you go, "Well I appreciate the thought but that doesn't really help."

Been playing LoL, and doing pretty well at it.
I think it's safe to say I have Rumble down to a tee. If only I had the guts to try doing some other character.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64026 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:09 pm »

Finally can go home today, hopefully soon.  At home I'll get to enjoy a new manga chapter, respond to my Dad who called me and wanted to talk to me, and finally lay down for tomorrow.

I don't have Spanish tomorrow so one of my longest days gets effectively cut in half.  It's awesome!  I'll be coming home at 3pm tomorrow and I will get a chance to actually play my visual novels finally.  I've already devoured these light novels because that's all I can do on campus during free break time.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64027 on: October 11, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »

I'm in a new mafia game, and I have no idea what's going on, and it's AWESOME.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64028 on: October 11, 2011, 08:13:53 pm »

I'm in a new mafia game, and I have no idea what's going on, and it's AWESOME.
And then BAM D1 LYNCH.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64029 on: October 11, 2011, 08:24:04 pm »

"These days"? There has never been any difference.

Today's differences:

There is greater competition than ever for a dwindling pool of resources due to artificial scarcity, and the nature of the competition is more stressful than ever.  My relatives immigrated here less than 100 years ago and set up humble farm lives where they barely scraped by, and many of my relatives are still farmers... yet somehow every generation in my family who has left that life has been riddled with stress-related illness, including near-universal strokes and heart attacks in early middle-age or even earlier.

All of this fuss supports a minority of the population who doesn't have to worry about a damn thing, in fact they have hundreds of millions of people begging to be allowed to make their lives more luxurious (i.e. wanting jobs).  The only thing they have to worry about is everyone getting too fed up with them.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64030 on: October 11, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »

Then you see some guy on the internet throws up a philosophical quote and you go, "Well I appreciate the thought but that doesn't really help."
Gah, no, you've figured out my strategy! How will I look like a deep and thoughtful person now!?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64031 on: October 11, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »

Today was excellent.

I woke up, went to school. Announced that I won Treasurer (I was the only one running, but still nice!) at the beginning of the school day. Went on to chemistry. We used fire for the first time in today's lab. Fire is so flippin' fun.

Go on to training to answer phone calls for a teen hotline, get a bunch of fun pamphlets like "Underage Drinking" and some stuff on the badness of drugs... plus a whole pile of wristbands that nobody else wanted. (14 wristbands total...they say "Addicted to Life, Not Tobacco") Those will be fun to hand out to friends of mine. Also at the meeting I have become a very good friend with a person who I've only seen about 4 times so far. And a total of one people knows that I'm gay. (Same person). Taking part in this training program has been one of the best choices I've made this year, I think it's been a very beneficial experience. And the presentation by the guest speaker today was awesome...he pretty much went through and showed us pictures of the weirdest alcoholic and energy drinks. (And both, Four Loko. There was some seriously weird stuff though, like alcoholic chocolate milk and whipped cream O.o)

I also feel that I've really changed the last few months, I've been being really active in the community and school and stuff, I don't know why...I keep telling myself it's because I need to look good for college applications, but I think I'm actually being a good person now. Which is weird for me.

But yeah, today has been simply amazing, and I'm super happy. I have so much homework that I'll be up till 2AM and too tired to shower in the morning, but for now I shall be happy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64032 on: October 11, 2011, 10:09:58 pm »

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64033 on: October 11, 2011, 11:33:46 pm »

My friend is doing well in her rehab and making some good progress.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64034 on: October 12, 2011, 12:27:58 am »

I have acquired approval to build a 16 bit Arithmetic Logic Unit as my senior project. This is going to be radical.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4267 4268 [4269] 4270 4271 ... 13312