Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14639248 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64125 on: October 13, 2011, 02:57:04 pm »

It could be worse. It could be a B.

Not everyone can be good at everything though. I have particular troubles with geometry and anything history. I'm just happy (ON TOPIC) that I can even get into a decent college.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64126 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:30 pm »

Oh you silly Americans. What is a 4.0 as a percentage grade?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64127 on: October 13, 2011, 03:06:06 pm »

95-100 percent average.  Or pretty much anything better than an A-.

If I had an English class this semester I would die.  Anything like philosophy or history would kill me because I always interpret everything 'wrong'.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64128 on: October 13, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »

95-100 percent average.  Or pretty much anything better than an A-.

If I had an English class this semester I would die.  Anything like philosophy or history would kill me because I always interpret everything 'wrong'.
How the hell do you interpret something wrong in a philosophy course? The only way I could imagine is if you'd fail to explain your reasoning. Or did you only have those teachers who think that philosophy is about reciting Aristotle and the Bible?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64129 on: October 13, 2011, 03:10:08 pm »

Hey, don't complain at me for kicking reason to the curb :3
And doing the impossible because that's just how Vector rolls?

And last I checked, my highschool GPA was somewhere in the 4.6 range. I have no idea how.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64130 on: October 13, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »

It means you got scored above 100% due to grade curve and extra credit stuff. It happened a lot in the school I went to... mind you, I never scored above a ~3.5. I just really didn't care about my grades, I was told not to.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64131 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

4.0 is an A, an A varies from 90+ to 96+.
3.0 is a B.
2.0 is a C.
1.0 is a D*.
0.0 is an F.

*D's only count for electives. The minimum score for primary classes is a C.

Fractional grades are not given.

You can't have better than a 4.0 GPA. And if you ever make anything other than an A, you cant have a 4.0 combined GPA.

So a 4.3 takes some weird nonstandard extra credit rules.

In the US though, grades are irrelevant, the only things that matter for "free school money" are your ACT/SAT grades, your parents income, winning contests and having friends in high places.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64132 on: October 13, 2011, 03:20:11 pm »

It means you got scored above 100% due to grade curve and extra credit stuff. It happened a lot in the school I went to... mind you, I never scored above a ~3.5. I just really didn't care about my grades, I was told not to.
That's definitely not it, as my best class in highschool thus far was Calculus I in which I got a 90-something. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm taking college for highschool, I'll have to look it up later :\
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64133 on: October 13, 2011, 03:20:26 pm »

I had somewhere around a three, and I could care less what it was exactly now, I've got more impressive/useful achievements than that now anyway 8)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64134 on: October 13, 2011, 03:22:09 pm »

Actually, it's something that's pretty common in American schools now, that offer "Advanced Placement" classes.  Since they're classes effectively geared for being above grade-level, they reorder the scale to make A's 5.0 and so on down.  Basically, it's a way to make a school's average grades look like it's doing better than it is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64135 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »

I'm amazed at how easy it is to talk to your fellow student.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64136 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:54 pm »

I had somewhere around a three, and I could care less what it was exactly now, I've got more impressive/useful achievements than that now anyway 8)

Yeah, ultimately GPA doesn't really seem to have this gargantuan impact on all of your life outside of college. If you're good at what you do, and enjoy doing it, you can probably find a way to be successful at it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64137 on: October 13, 2011, 03:28:16 pm »

Actually, it's something that's pretty common in American schools now, that offer "Advanced Placement" classes.  Since they're classes effectively geared for being above grade-level, they reorder the scale to make A's 5.0 and so on down.  Basically, it's a way to make a school's average grades look like it's doing better than it is.
This would probably be it then, I had a whole bunch of friends in advanced placement classes.

I remember the second best scholarship at our school (they got announced at graduation) went to this nice asian girl who didn't speak much. IIRC she had a GPA of 4.8.
The best scholarship which was 4 free years of tution at the college of your choice, went to someone with mediocre grades and SAT/ACT scores.
I suspect some form of nepotism may have been at work.

Either that or he wrote a really persuasive essay.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64138 on: October 13, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »

5.0? Kids these days have it so easy.

I had to earn my 2.4 GPA by sleeping through class, never doing homework and always getting 100% on my tests while walking 10 miles up hill in the snow, both ways!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64139 on: October 13, 2011, 03:33:35 pm »

I suddenly realized what I want to do when I get older, which has been a mystery to me for a long time. I want to fucking backpack through Europe, and I have no idea why.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 13312