Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4477 4478 [4479] 4480 4481 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14514433 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67170 on: December 03, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »

I had the benefit of not having played SC3 (my brother, however, wasn't so lucky. He beat it and was depressed about what happened to the series. Nearly lost interest/hope in the game/series afterwards). So I don't know entirely how bad it got. My only other references are the Ultronomicon and Youtube as to how bad it got.

Fortunately, this mod does ignore the events of SC3, and takes notes from the creators themselves about what THEY wanted to do. And yes, Toys For Bob even disowned SC3 to amnesiac levels.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:35:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67171 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:15 pm »

Sunshine, haven't watched it yet, but from looking at the back of the DVD case, has got to have one of the scientifically dumbest premises I've seen(which is why I grabbed it): in 2057, the sun is dying, and mankind's solution is to launch a manned nuke at it to reignite it.

I think one of my friends told me about that one. If it is the one he told me about, the troll science keeps going all through the film, so don't you worry.
It's actually a surprisingly good movie... if you can ignore the troll science.
I really enjoyed the first half of the movie, but the second half not so much. It changes completely and became a lot less interesting to me. Still a pretty fun movie though.
You'll know it's about to go downhill sharp when it starts flashing subliminal images at you.

EDIT: Karnewarrior is a vampire that wants to lick grape jelly off your neck! Yay!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:49:27 pm by Pnx »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67172 on: December 03, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

Apparently we invented levitating lampls.  Science is over guys, time to go home.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67173 on: December 03, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »

Re: Sunshine.

Kaneda, what can you see?

Re: Lamps.

I want a levitating TV. And monitor. And chair. And everything. Science ain't over until it's given me all those things. And a jetpack.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67174 on: December 03, 2011, 07:16:49 pm »

Re: Lamps.

I want a levitating TV. And monitor. And chair. And everything. Science ain't over until it's given me all those things. And a jetpack.

And where the hell is my flying car!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67175 on: December 03, 2011, 07:17:30 pm »

I got a message from a missing friend today. Terraria was fun today but... That was it, that made my day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67176 on: December 03, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »

So I just bought 50 bucks worth of honey and fruit. Paid more than I should have but that's what I get for stocking up in December. As soon as stuff gets delivered, the yeast shall be sated.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67177 on: December 03, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »

Mead for the mead god?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67178 on: December 03, 2011, 07:56:39 pm »

I'm not sure. It will have honey IN it, but fruits and preserves thereof will be the source of most of the sugar. So I wouldn't call it a mead so much as a wine with honey in it? Srs bsns though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67179 on: December 03, 2011, 10:57:42 pm »

God I love this movie.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67180 on: December 03, 2011, 11:32:06 pm »

I'm not sure. It will have honey IN it, but fruits and preserves thereof will be the source of most of the sugar. So I wouldn't call it a mead so much as a wine with honey in it? Srs bsns though.

Call it mead wine and have the best of both worlds.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67181 on: December 04, 2011, 12:02:43 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:34:09 pm by MC Dirty »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #67182 on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:38 am »

Although I've already made progress last time Brink was free for the weekend; I beat the game on the resistance side, and am halfway done with the other side. Provided skilled enough and have enough time to spare, you can beat this game, possibly even 100% in the same weekend it's free.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67183 on: December 04, 2011, 02:35:30 am »

Yay, crisis averted without requiring me to stay up all night!
Leaving my lab shift at 1:20AM, I forgot to lock the lab when I left. I got back to my dorm, got into bed and was just about to fall asleep when I realized I had forgotten to lock up. For my shift, this is a very bad thing, since it's a lab with about 30 computers with hardware and software with a total value of something around $15k-20k per machine, mostly from the various coding software, and after 2AM my card key can't lock or unlock the lab doors. Meaning if I didn't get there before 2AM, I would have to stay until the card key started working again at 8AM*. I got back to the lab at about 2:15AM, unable to lock it, but luckily there was a prof who could who was there as part of the Microsoft ImagineCup** 48 hour annual game event taking place across the atrium. Now I can sleep! :D

*A result of the way the card keys are set up; students with lab access are restricted from using them from the hours of 2AM to 8AM to prevent someone from running off with expensive lab equipment in the middle of the night
**or for those who don't know, it's this: http://www.imaginecup.us/#fbid=3uNC2oMH72c

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67184 on: December 04, 2011, 02:41:22 am »

hahah 14 hours of terraria oh god i need a life

and INFINITE GEL AND FISH!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 4477 4478 [4479] 4480 4481 ... 13311