Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4633 4634 [4635] 4636 4637 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14584587 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69510 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »

Happy Birthday Jackrabbit.

I'm helping organize trying to turn an old industrial warehouse into a homeless shelter. The city is being a massive pain, but thankfully I've managed to work out the tax deduction for a contractor so that it ends up saving them some money if they donate their time! :D Though, again, the city is a major pain, getting the building's many code violations fixed is a major step in the right direction.

I'm a step closer to actually doing it.

i hope it works out !
what i found out about city counsel and other idiots, is that if they don't like it they will try any stupid law in there book to bugger you out  of it...

i have seen people getting kicked out of there house cause they did not have water and that would be a risk to fire safety 
but the city disconnected it.. so they kicked out the people, the people went too court to fight it, they won.
but the city already  leveled the house ...

i have seen many more of this crap with Art places, Youth centers, free shops...
just because its not how they want the city to look
Why does the movie Hot Fuzz come to mind?

I suggest you keep an eye open for any traps.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69511 on: January 17, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

Well. I have just performed likely the most generous act of my life. Now why the hell won't my stomach stop hurting. Damnit brain, at least make SENSE with your stupid emotions!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69512 on: January 17, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

Whoa it's Jackrabbit's birthday? I must have missed that part, sorry about that.
In compensation, have a larger than usual font size:
Happy birthday, Jackrabbit!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69513 on: January 17, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

You're getting older, Jack.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69514 on: January 17, 2012, 09:29:15 pm »

And yet he's still jailbait. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69515 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:38 pm »

For all my griping in the Sad thread, I'm atleast happy about the petty accomplishment of building a damn fine standard legal Red/White Weenie Token deck on Magic the Gathering: Online.

It's remarkably robust, fast, and lethal, despite the fact that the combined cost of every card in it is about a little bit less than 5 dollars, and that's amazing considering that the average standard legal deck that can compete in even a remote way costs 20-30 dollars, and the deck that can compete in a damn good way blows the lid off your wallet at $100-200+ easily.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69516 on: January 17, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »

How games saved my life.

So this is a pretty awesome site.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69517 on: January 17, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »

How games saved my life.

I credit games and internet with saving mine.  I'm pretty sure I'd have done a lot of stupid things and be a completely different person otherwise.

Great website.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:00:42 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69518 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »

So I bought some rennet today to make junket, and it was pretty good. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but hooray for English cuisine?

EDIT: Also, that website is pretty great. A lot of the stories that shaped my expectations of what a story is, a lot of the role models I looked up to, and the ideas I have of what is right were found in the video games I played. Not all of those were ideal, and I've had to struggle to overcome some of the lessons I learned that I shouldn't have, but that's true of all media that have an impact on a person's life. I think, though, that I've benefited tremendously. I wouldn't be who I am today without a General Leo, a Cyan Garamonde, a Lucca... I mean, there's really a lot there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:13:53 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #69519 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »

Happy birthday Jackrabbit.

Games have also saved my life via distraction from all the things I really don't want to face about myself and my relation to the world.

Happy birthday, Jack of the Rabbit clan!

Bravo for you, Truean. You really are a credit to the human race, you know that?
Couldn't say it any better.
That is amazing, Truean. You are amazing.
Aye, that! For how jaded you are about humanity in general, you sure are great at making us look good.

Today I got signed up for the Department of Energy's Science Bowl Regionals competition. With the redistricting that's gone on, we stand a pretty good chance to place and go to DC.

Aww. Thanks guys. I'm gonna keep on inventing new shades of dark and darker green. I haven't really done this yet though and the city counsel being in an election year means they've suspended all rational thought they may or probably definitely  did not ever have. Moreover, I'm still going to have to keep working on all that self loathing and general misanthropy. It's not going to expand itself; other people will be happy to do that. :P

Honestly, thank you though. I'm gonna research some more domestic violence law (and I really am, which I strangely enjoy doing though not having reason to do).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69520 on: January 17, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »

Well. I have just performed likely the most generous act of my life. Now why the hell won't my stomach stop hurting. Damnit brain, at least make SENSE with your stupid emotions!
Ah... well, after finally managing to calm down... I feel pretty good. :) Helped someone out, and managed to do so despite some rather bad social problems getting in the way.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69521 on: January 17, 2012, 11:06:34 pm »

In unrelated and suddenly much less interesting news, happy birthday to me. It's a weird feeling, getting older.

Happy Inevitable March to Death Day!

Wait that didn't come out right...
In the same vein...
Happy Birthday! Your life still isn't over!

Happy Birthday!
And more in the same vein:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYXcvGBibc

Happy birthday Jackrabbit.

Games have also saved my life via distraction from all the things I really don't want to face about myself and my relation to the world.

Happy birthday, Jack of the Rabbit clan!

Bravo for you, Truean. You really are a credit to the human race, you know that?
Couldn't say it any better.
Aye, that! For how jaded you are about humanity in general, you sure are great at making us look good.

Today I got signed up for the Department of Energy's Science Bowl Regionals competition. With the redistricting that's gone on, we stand a pretty good chance to place and go to DC.

Aww. Thanks guys. I'm gonna keep on inventing new shades of dark and darker green. I haven't really done this yet though and the city counsel being in an election year means they've suspended all rational thought they may or probably definitely  did not ever have. Moreover, I'm still going to have to keep working on all that self loathing and general misanthropy. It's not going to expand itself; other people will be happy to do that. :P

Honestly, thank you though. I'm gonna research some more domestic violence law (and I really am, which I strangely enjoy doing though not having reason to do).
And Truean, you really are a credit to humanity.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69522 on: January 17, 2012, 11:41:53 pm »

How games saved my life.

I think my love of Pokemon is sorta like this.

When my mum and dad split up, I vividly remember playing Pokemon Blue, fighting Misty for the first time. I was very young and had little idea what was going on, but the positivity of that game made me feel like no matter what, things were just going to be fine anyway. Your pokemon don't die, they just faint. They get back up and keep going. I've really felt like that throughout my whole life. I don't like letting life get me down, because I remember the 'lessons' I've learnt time and again from games, literature, etc. Perseverance is the key.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69523 on: January 17, 2012, 11:54:08 pm »

In my case, if I hadn't had video games to occupy myself with, I probably would have just gotten myself into tons of trouble.  Without them, I wouldn't have had anything to do through most of my childhood other than get involved with some really horrible influences or wander places and mess with things I shouldn't have.  When I finally hit a period where I was socially desperate enough to start hanging around some really bad people who were just taking advantage of me, my parents got internet.  I started playing games online, which gave me another social outlet.  Not only that.  It exposed me to people from all over the world on a daily basis, when for the last 5 years, I'd had very little contact with anyone outside one of the most fucked up small town communities in Indiana.  It completely altered my world view and I basically told those other people to fuck off.  From what I last heard about them, I'd be surprised if they weren't all in prison.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #69524 on: January 18, 2012, 12:05:50 am »

Chicken and mushroom marsala is amazing. So glad I made this.
Pages: 1 ... 4633 4634 [4635] 4636 4637 ... 13312