Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5465 5466 [5467] 5468 5469 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376191 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

[nods] Ditto to both. In other places, I just feel the world is immensely screwed up, for several reasons. Here, it isn't so much... if that makes any sense.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It's nice to have a civilized place on the intertubes. I mean, B12 is like an oasis in the wild west.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

We're also extremely modest and realistic in our self-examination.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Bay12 is the perfect place for you and me.  and you

and we

us, join

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

It's nice to have a civilized place on the intertubes. I mean, B12 is like an oasis in the wild west.
So, we're cowboys? Does that mean I get to ride a pony?

We're also extremely modest and realistic in our self-examination.
Of course. What other place could claim to be the best place evar on the entire internets and be right about it? :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Does that make Aqizzar the sheriff? Or Truean?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Truean's the city slicker lawyer who moved into town.

Aqizzar is the cattle baron.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

And in a dangerous, war torn frontier town, they find... Love?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

No.

You are the pony.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

And in a dangerous, war torn frontier town, they find... Love?
Well that, and they fight crime.

No.

You are the pony.
Probably not one of the multicolor variety, either. Shit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I mean, B12 is like an oasis in the wild west.
It is the 2nd Millennium. For more than a decade The Toad has sat immobile on the Golden Office Chair of Washington State. He is the Master of Bay 12 by the will of the internet, and master of a million bytes by the might of his inexhaustible coding. He is a restless mathematician writhing invisibly with power from the Modern Age of Technology. He is the Amphibian Lord of the Twelfth Bay for whom a thousand suggestions are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly sleep.

Yet even in his sleepless state, the Toad continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty threads cross the bot-infested remnants of Various Nonsense, the only route between the distant boards, their way lit by the Forum Guidelines, the digital manifestation of the Toad's will. Vast usergroups give discussion in his name on uncounted sites. Greatest amongst his users are the Lower Forumites, the Bay Watchers, socially abnormal angry debators. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Upper Forumites and countless Escaped Lunatics, the ever vigilant ThreeToe and the mafia aficionados of the Forum Gamers to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to completely ignore the nonexistant threat from trolls, heretics, spammers - and worse.

To be a Bay Watcher in such times is to be one amongst untold hundreds. It is to post in the cruelest and most hilarious network imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of scripted events and 3D graphics, for so much has been discarded, never to be retried. Forget the promise of cell shading and multiplayer, for in the moderate dimness of the here and now there is only Dwarf Fortress. There is no peace amongst the Bay, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting Watchers."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:45:45 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Toony is the crazy guy who spends a bit too much time alone outside of town.

Janet's the master duelist who's missing an eye.

Descan works at the brothel. Specialty: snuggles.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

MSH: to borrow a meme, "you win all of my Internets".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Truean walked into the small town, the spurs on her heels clicking audibly (everyone has spurs on their heels here). It was high noon in the little town, and she'd been told that there was a good amount of lawyerin' to do before sunset.

"You look like you've got business, newcomer," an approaching voice said. Truean turned to see a tall woman with an eyepatch and an unnecessarily large hat. "Well your business best not be trouble because ol' sheriff Threetoe's a bit slow gettin' around these days, and I'm the next best thing this town's got." Truean noted the two pistols on the woman's belt and nodded, eager to be on her way.

The woman stepped in front of her. "What's your name, stranger?"

"Truean."

"Welcome to Bay 12 then. 'Round these parts I'm known as Janet. What are you lookin' to do here?"

"Well I'm a lawyer by trade, so --"

"Well ain't that convenient. I'd head on over to Nenjin's saloon, 's where people go when they've got a mite of trouble they need dealt with."

"Thank you, Janet."

"Now I'd just watch out. They don't tend to be in the best mood over there."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The story just keeps on getting better. I'm going to have to try and get back to my movie poster and drawing in general. I think it might just be western themed now.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 5465 5466 [5467] 5468 5469 ... 13310