Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547848 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I am tormenting MZ in the WTF thread.
I'm still gonna beat you with a shark. Best interrogation technique ever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

MaximumZero dun give up to greatorder v:

You have all my support and hugs man :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

A month ago I ran a disc check to check for fragments on Windows, and it said there wasn't any sort of problem. Yesterday I downloaded Defraggler as part of my CCleaner update, and checked for fragmentation...

Holy crap. No wonder my computer was so slow and error-prone. Apparently my disc was 29% fragmented, with almost every directory having at least a dozen fragments. After the 14 hour defrag, I found that my usable disc space remaining had gone up from 11% (~45 GB) to 23%. (~98GB)

And this morning my computer only took about a minute to boot instead of six or seven.  :D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

Does it work without needing to go through iTunes?
Yes, it does. Wouldn't have bought it otherwise.  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

@Barbar: Doesn't the chkdsk check for physical errors, not fragmentation? That would be two totally different things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Like antivirus programs you want several defrag programs, because they all cover slightly different parts of your computer the others don't. The windows one isn't terribly bad, but it can miss a lot of stuff if you only use it alone. After a while of using just Defraggler I use the Windows one just to clear out a few gigs of fragmentation.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Basically, imagine data on your hard disk as the stuff in a pantry. The more spices and flour and whatnot you use, the more disorganized it gets because you have a bad habit of not putting stuff back where you find it. So, the next time you need to get at a particular spice, you have to look for it longer, because you didn't put it where it's supposed to go. Defragmentation is just the process of reorganizing the pantry to make cooking faster.

Edit: I use AUSlogics' Disk Defrag, and it's wonderful.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

@Barbar: Doesn't the chkdsk check for physical errors, not fragmentation? That would be two totally different things.
As in the 'check disk for fragments' function, I forgot there was another one with that name.  :P

But yeah, apparently I had several gigabytes of .dll registry errors, too. Maybe CK II will work now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

The primary reason I'm here is over a weird thing I noticed improving with myself. I have an acceptable typing speed for any possible use, but I have noticed that I've gotten faster over the past few days for no real reason. Things are just faster. Still have the same issue of typing the syllable I'm thinking of instead of what I have to type down for the word, but hopefully this speed boost challenges that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

he doesn't have my faps!
Johuotar has been struck by a fey mood!
Pay attention to the half intentional crappiness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It would've sounded more like Axe if you added an s to the end.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a nightmare not too long ago.

I was in an abandoned city with a few friends. We were running through ruined buildings barricading ourselves against either zombies or aliens. I've already forgotten most of it, but it was great.

I love my nightmares.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

As in the 'check disk for fragments' function, I forgot there was another one with that name.  :P

But yeah, apparently I had several gigabytes of .dll registry errors, too. Maybe CK II will work now.
I've been using MyDefrag (used to be JKDefrag) nowadays to patch things up these days. It has a daily, weekly, and monthly setup, and can also work well as a screensaver (changing over to another one when finished). It works really well, and each setting works differently, as well as has different methods depending on what disk is being worked on. Good to keep the system disk in check.

Sure, it's sluggish the first monthly run, but the rest after that per-month is a hell of alot shorter.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking through the notes.txt file on my desktop. I love random notes. Most of it makes sense, but there are also random phrases and things like "37" and "7 left." completely separated from everything else. Possibly my favorite file on this computer. Right up there with my "Internets" images folder.

On this side-subject of defragmentation, does anyone have a solid recommendation for what to use? I really need to get around to it. I've been having long load times lately, and it's probably been around a year since it was last performed.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Fragmentation is one of those things that people who make defragmentation programs tell you is a life or death situation.

I'd just stay with the windows default one.
Pages: 1 ... 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 ... 13312