Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5770 5771 [5772] 5773 5774 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14383225 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86565 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:17 am »

Playing Toribash is fun. Especially when you eliminate gravity. Zero gravity flailing FTW.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86566 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:18 pm »

I can't donate blood because of a non-contagious non-serious skin condition :(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86567 on: August 28, 2012, 01:27:38 pm »

That's... happy? Or missed thread?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #86568 on: August 28, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

What would I do if I weren't an exchange student in Finland? Why, I'd shoot these guys a ten-quid Paypal money order and learn Cornish.

I really, really wish I had the sort of attention span required to sit down for 6 hours a day and learn a useless language. Maybe I'll get one of those web apps that delays you on Facebook so you don't check it ten times a day?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86569 on: August 28, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »

That's... happy? Or missed thread?

There was talk of blood donation just a bit ago.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86570 on: August 28, 2012, 01:57:57 pm »

Conspicuously, I always come down with some form of illness when people start trying to get me into blood drives. >____>

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #86571 on: August 28, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »

I could use more books.

You know, the great thing about that statement is that it's true no matter how many books one actually owns already.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86572 on: August 28, 2012, 02:25:35 pm »

You know, the great thing about that statement is that it's true no matter how many books one actually owns already.
What if you own every book that has ever existed and every book that will be? Past, present and future?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86573 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »

Conspicuously, I always come down with some form of illness when people start trying to get me into blood drives. >____>

Yay for low blood pressure, despite being out of shape and high blood pressure running in my family. It's not so low that it gives me issues normally, but if I were to give blood, I'd be flat on the floor the second I tried to stand up. So there's my excuse for not giving when I'm O-.

On another note, it pays to be outgoing and spontaneous in college. I saw a girl sitting alone in the crowded cafeteria today, so I sat down by her. 5 minutes later, we exchanged phone numbers (along with the guy who also randomly sat down with us; it seems I'm not the only one). An hour later, I have two good friends. All from deciding not to sit alone.

I will be doing this more often, with updates following each time.

Ninja edit:

I could use more books.

My junior- and senior-year English teacher in high school was the same way. He had one of his students (who he had known for years; her parents and him were good friends, so it wasn't creepy) come over to his house to take inventory of all his books and watch his cats while he and his wife were out of state. She stopped after 5000.

And those were just the hardbacks.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #86574 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »

What if you own every book that has ever existed and every book that will be? Past, present and future?
Buy more copies.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86575 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:47 pm »

Yay for low blood pressure, despite being out of shape and high blood pressure running in my family. It's not so low that it gives me issues normally, but if I were to give blood, I'd be flat on the floor the second I tried to stand up. So there's my excuse for not giving when I'm O-.
I have B+ blood. Not really in short supply, I'd suppose.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86576 on: August 28, 2012, 02:36:04 pm »

O- isn't really in short supply. It's just always wanted because it's the "universal donor" type.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86577 on: August 28, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »

O- isn't really in short supply. It's just always wanted because it's the "universal donor" type.
Yes! Join the communist revolution! Your blood is for everyone!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86578 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »

I could use more books.

Fanfiction, m'fellow, fan fiction. It's like a functionally infinite supply of books that grows. Faster than you can catch up. Original fiction and just plain free stuff just adds to the frothing tide of rampaging literature.

And that's just counting the good stuff! There's another tidal wave of bad stuff that's like nine times as large.

Never run out of things to read. This is what the internet hath wrought. And it is glorious. Albeit occasionally on fire.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86579 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:27 pm »

Then the resulting gravitational collapse will result in the saddest black hole ever, which would presumably be named after Alexandria for symbolic purposes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5770 5771 [5772] 5773 5774 ... 13310