Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5771 5772 [5773] 5774 5775 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384247 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86580 on: August 28, 2012, 03:18:20 pm »

I could use more books.

You know, the great thing about that statement is that it's true no matter how many books one actually owns already.
Fanfiction, m'fellow, fan fiction. It's like a functionally infinite supply of books that grows. Faster than you can catch up. Original fiction and just plain free stuff just adds to the frothing tide of rampaging literature.

And that's just counting the good stuff! There's another tidal wave of bad stuff that's like nine times as large.

Never run out of things to read. This is what the internet hath wrought. And it is glorious. Albeit occasionally on fire.
It's like a bush...

Except someone lit the bush on fire...

But the bush grows really really fast, so it's not dying it's just growing while on fire...

Spoiler: read this part last (click to show/hide)

Thus Lebron James is like John Carter of the internet.

Osaka Logic.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86581 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »

I don't know, SOPA trying to water the internet seems a bit flawed as an analogy.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86582 on: August 28, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

I've finally settled on how to make elves (somewhat) not cliched in the campaign setting I'm working on. Basically, I've changed to default elven PC to wood elves, and made it so they're the barbaric remnants of a once-great empire. Less prissy prancy treehuggers and more 'stab you in the gut with a spear'. Or, in the case of mages 'Blow you up with destructive magic'. Not exactly original, but it works for me. Now, to work on dwarves and gnomes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #86583 on: August 28, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »

EDIT:
OHGOD
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DOWANT!

:D
Freeformschooler must know about this.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86584 on: August 28, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Revoloface?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86585 on: August 28, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »

In my book, Elves are just Goblins who have taken up cannibalism and live alone in the wilds, like freaky, bad-guy ascetics. It's Elves who the "wrong" side of the civil war bases their stereotype of Goblins off of.

Finding a clutch of Elven eggs is like finding the spawn of Cthulhu as a newborn. OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE oh wait they aren't fertilized.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86586 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:36 pm »

I could use more books.

You know, the great thing about that statement is that it's true no matter how many books one actually owns already.
Fanfiction, m'fellow, fan fiction. It's like a functionally infinite supply of books that grows. Faster than you can catch up. Original fiction and just plain free stuff just adds to the frothing tide of rampaging literature.

And that's just counting the good stuff! There's another tidal wave of bad stuff that's like nine times as large.

Never run out of things to read. This is what the internet hath wrought. And it is glorious. Albeit occasionally on fire.
It's like a bush...

Except someone lit the bush on fire...

But the bush grows really really fast, so it's not dying it's just growing while on fire...

Spoiler: read this part last (click to show/hide)

Thus Lebron James is like John Carter of the internet.

Osaka Logic.
That is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86587 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »

Related, Osaka made me feel all warm and fuzzy today. Jeeze, everything the girl does is fucking adorable. And usually makes a twisted sort of sense, which would scare me for my own psyche but only make me love her more.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86588 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »

Related, Osaka made me feel all warm and fuzzy today. Jeeze, everything the girl does is fucking adorable. And usually makes a twisted sort of sense, which would scare me for my own psyche but only make me love her more.
Theres also Chiyo in the penguin suit when Osaka isn't doing something in the current scene.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86589 on: August 28, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »

O- isn't really in short supply. It's just always wanted because it's the "universal donor" type.
Trivia: there is no such a thing as an "universal blood donor"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #86590 on: August 28, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

I don't know exactly why this came to mind, but looking on the TV guide for something to watch, I see across the screen, a documentary called "Cocaine Unwrapped" and cannot help but to think this is hosted by Marc Summers (of Double Dare, the classic What Would You Do?, and Unwrapped fame) describing all kinds of things made from cocaine.

Had me laughing for a few minutes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86591 on: August 28, 2012, 04:53:08 pm »

I'm O- and I give blood whenever the opportunity arises because of that fact.

For my happy of the day:
I was driving, and I saw a red-orange corvette pass someone way ahead of me, and I thought, "It is now my mission in life to go faster than that corvette." (I drive a 2002 Dodge Intrepid, for what its worth to anyone that knows cars)
I'm a pretty good driver, and also fast. So I overtake the Corvette at about 70 mph, and continue to accelerate. I hit 90 in pretty short order, and look in my rearview.
The 'Vette was right there, pacing me. So I thought, "Just because you have a nicer car doesn't mean you have the balls to keep up." So I wait til we're going down a hill, and gun it. 100 110 115. Fuck yeah, catch me now. He's way back in my rearview now.
I come up to my exit, which is a two lane thing that everyone has to get off on. The 'Vette ROARS by at twice my speed, and we pull up to the light at the same time. I see my foe for the first time. It's a fifty year old man and his wife, and they were FUCKING THRILLED that I had been driving that fast. We exchanged excited, congratulatory comments for a while, then the light changed and we went our seperate ways.
I'm sure someone will demonize me for driving that fast, but it was fun as all get out. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86592 on: August 28, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »

Hey, you got to go fast, they were THRILLED, and you didn't crash into anyone. I'd call that well done.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86593 on: August 28, 2012, 04:58:53 pm »

Hey, you got to go fast, they were THRILLED, and you didn't crash into anyone. I'd call that well done.

Indeed. Although, I would not reccommend going 115 around a corner. It feels like your stomach is attempting to achieve flight independant of your body.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86594 on: August 28, 2012, 05:06:40 pm »

For the record, I'm neither a blood donor nor a HSC donor. I get kind of dizzy even after having samples taken. I might consider doing the HSC thing because it's far less likely/frequent to be called, and because it would be a shameful admission to make if questioned...
Of course the procedure is long, boring and potentially unpleasant so I'd likely pop a couple of valiums beforehand if I went for that
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:08:11 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 5771 5772 [5773] 5774 5775 ... 13310