Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5851 5852 [5853] 5854 5855 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14381900 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87780 on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

I have gaps in my hearing range. Like, certain narrow frequency bands where the responsiveness just falls apart. Unfortunately, several of those bands fall in the midrange of human speech.  :-\

My stepfather has a shrill loud annoying alarm on his watch. He is deaf in that hearing range, and it goes off 2 or more times a day. He don't know if he knows how to turn it off, because even when he is told to turn it off, it keeps coming back.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87781 on: September 10, 2012, 12:52:00 pm »

That gives me a great idea. I need the audiologist to give me a graph with exactly where the gaps in my hearing are, and then I need to devise an airhorn that works at exactly those frequencies.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #87782 on: September 10, 2012, 12:56:30 pm »

That gives me a great idea. I need the audiologist to give me a graph with exactly where the gaps in my hearing are, and then I need to devise an airhorn that works at exactly those frequencies.

Oh gawd why.

I read somewhere that one teacher was tyring to use high pitched tones to control unruly teenagers. Now, It may just be me, but that would border on torture for me.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87783 on: September 10, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »

I read somewhere that one teacher was tyring to use high pitched tones to control unruly teenagers. Now, It may just be me, but that would border on torture for me.
END HER

I mean, yeah, rage worthy.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #87784 on: September 10, 2012, 01:01:43 pm »

END HER

I mean, yeah, rage worthy.

A perfectly valid reaction. Dog whistle= ring of Wrex Aggrevation.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87785 on: September 10, 2012, 02:13:32 pm »

Actually, we talked a bit after that, and what she meant was

"I'm really not ready for any kind of relationship right now"

Yeah, I hate to say it, but you're not going to get anywhere with her ever. Girls have this thing where they don't speak clear English to guys and blame stuff on themselves to "soften the blow." At least, in my experience. To me, that translates to "I'm just not interested in you but I don't want to say that because I think it would hurt you."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87786 on: September 10, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »

Yeah, I hate to say it, but you're not going to get anywhere with her ever. Girls have this thing where they don't speak clear English to guys and blame stuff on themselves to "soften the blow." At least, in my experience. To me, that translates to "I'm just not interested in you but I don't want to say that because I think it would hurt you."
Yeah, I know. Honestly, I knew I didn't have a chance for quite a while, but I'm not letting that stop me from flirting, cus if nothing comes from it, then hey, it was fun anyway. I'm not that all emotionally committed.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87787 on: September 10, 2012, 02:34:35 pm »

Yeah, I know. Honestly, I knew I didn't have a chance for quite a while, but I'm not letting that stop me from flirting, cus if nothing comes from it, then hey, it was fun anyway. I'm not that all emotionally committed.

That's a good way to look at things. As one of my best friends always says, it's more efficient to flirt with all the girls.

On a related note, COLLEGE!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87788 on: September 10, 2012, 02:36:12 pm »

There's also the fact that she's like the only single girl my age in town who's not a nutcase >_>

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87789 on: September 10, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

There's also the fact that she's like the only single girl my age in town who's not a nutcase >_>
That doesn't have to stop you flirting with them, just so long as it doesn't go too far.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87790 on: September 10, 2012, 02:46:01 pm »

That doesn't have to stop you flirting with them, just so long as it doesn't go too far.

Like Stephen said and I quoted, it's more efficient to flirt with all the girls.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87791 on: September 10, 2012, 02:47:48 pm »

The nutcases might be more interesting than you might think, too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #87792 on: September 10, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »

The nutcases might be more interesting than you might think, too.

Oh, they are very interesting. In the same way the Chinese proverb "May you live in interesting times" is a curse.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87793 on: September 10, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »

Haha, well it depends on the type of nutcase. Don't go after ones that will go after you with a knife in hand.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87794 on: September 10, 2012, 03:15:01 pm »

Can be fun for a while, as long as you have a good exit strategy. Had a gf in college who was psycho but also a nympho. Fun while it lasted, if you don't count the incidents of purported demonic possession, channelling dead people or the obsession with sharp, pointy things.

My suggested exit strategy would be a harness and zipline.

"So....I want to cut you and taste your blood...."
"Hold that thought, baby."
*opens window*
"WHEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5851 5852 [5853] 5854 5855 ... 13310