Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6135 6136 [6137] 6138 6139 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560133 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92040 on: October 21, 2012, 10:01:40 am »

After a month an a half of prep work, my BSG forum game is underway! (see sig for link)

A WINNER IS ME!  :D

Also fun watching Aurora groan under the combined weight of about 1300 individual vessels (Cylon zerg rush FTW)

Oh gog. We're so screwed. The Opposition moves for accepting surrender at the first opportunity.  :P

((jk))
Hey, I promised you guys red dots. AND RED DOTS YOU SHALL HAVE.

Besides, every good RPG starts off with the hero(es) fleeing the home village as it's destroyed by a vast army too large to even think about fighting.  ;D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92041 on: October 21, 2012, 10:29:13 am »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:18:59 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92042 on: October 21, 2012, 10:29:35 am »

No, sometimes the hometown is just set on fire and they're promptly fleeing from that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92045 on: October 21, 2012, 11:32:36 am »

Wow, that's one awesome robot.
The top comment is very true tough.
It DOES need lazers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92046 on: October 21, 2012, 11:35:01 am »

Meh, that caveat is largely worthless. Everything needs lasers. It's a universal truth, similar to the impossibility of achieving enough dakka.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92047 on: October 21, 2012, 11:36:51 am »

Meh, that caveat is largely worthless. Everything needs lasers. It's a universal truth, similar to the impossibility of achieving enough dakka.

It's possible to achieve enuff dakka. You'd just have to make everything into a gun that fired everything at everything at a rate of fire so great it's unimaginably vast.

Mind you, the physics and logistics of this would be a wee bit complicated. Everytime I try to picture it, I picture the entire multiverse contracting into a single point, then shooting itself at itself.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92048 on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:41 am »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92049 on: October 21, 2012, 11:46:33 am »

It's possible to achieve enuff dakka. You'd just have to make everything into a gun that fired everything at everything at a rate of fire so great it's unimaginably vast.

Mind you, the physics and logistics of this would be a wee bit complicated. Everytime I try to picture it, I picture the entire multiverse contracting into a single point, then shooting itself at itself.

But if you had enuff dakka, that would mean that any more dakka would be too much dakka. That, as you probably understand, is simply not possible. Thus, there can not be enuff dakka.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92050 on: October 21, 2012, 11:47:45 am »

So the Big Bang is the only point in the history of the universe that there has been enuff dakka?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92051 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

So the Big Bang is the only point in the history of the universe that there has been enuff dakka?

Hell. Yes.  :D

But if you had enuff dakka, that would mean that any more dakka would be too much dakka. That, as you probably understand, is simply not possible. Thus, there can not be enuff dakka.

There is no such thing as too much dakka. Even if you had enuff dakka, more dakka is always welcome. Dakka is like booze at a college party. You can never have enough, even when you have enough. If someone shows up with more, you're gonna be like, "Fuck yeah, come on in man! We can always use some more of this shit!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92052 on: October 21, 2012, 11:58:46 am »

What he's saying is identifying a point of sufficiency doesn't necessarily mean beyond that point is excessive.  So if we could figure out how to out-dakka The Big Bang, that would be totally cool.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92053 on: October 21, 2012, 12:39:03 pm »

I think we'd stop calling it the Big Bang after that.
He's fucking with us.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92054 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:15 pm »

I think we'd stop calling it the Big Bang after that.

The Big-But-Not-Quite-That-Big Bang? Or we could just call ours the Bigger Bang.
Pages: 1 ... 6135 6136 [6137] 6138 6139 ... 13312