Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6191 6192 [6193] 6194 6195 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14650140 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92880 on: November 01, 2012, 09:00:24 pm »

And getting excess shit from people that you can then turn around and sell for some of the money you used to buy other people stuff.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92881 on: November 01, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

All we need to do to fix the economy is dual-ad-blast of guilt-tripping people into splurging on buying a bunch of shit for other people, and of saying "Hey, psst. That crappy thing they bought you? Just sell it, man. They won't care."

All the money changing hands will make the world come up sunshine and daisies! ... Well, it's winter, so maybe not the best analogy. But still!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92882 on: November 01, 2012, 09:39:44 pm »

I'm trying to come up with a polite way to tell everyone who cares about me that they shouldn't spend much/any money on me, because I'm a) not really interested in affection via materialism and b) have almost no money that isn't already destined for more mundane matters.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92883 on: November 01, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »

Kon just posted again. This is the test. I hope I have managed to bring the thread of American Politics back to sanity.

God be with us.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92884 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »

I believe in you Descan. We can do it. We can bring sanity back, and start talking about gays or something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92885 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:56 pm »

Don't worry. Libertarians are allergic to silliness and mutual respect.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92886 on: November 01, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92887 on: November 01, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Ahah! He's triple-posting! I knew it, he's getting desperate for attention.

Back, BACK, spawn of insanity! We know thy tricks, and we know thy true name! Thee are Evil One, the one who will bring the world to it's knees! Thy name be... Ayn Rand!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92888 on: November 01, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92889 on: November 01, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »

Word on the street is that American politics are actually a physical representation of the network of relationships between the Great Old Ones.

By the way, if you really want to solve the power crisis, there's a simple solution:

1. Hook Ayn Rand's corpse up to a turbine.
2. Turn the US into a social democracy.

Any bets on that also being the key to cracking the FTL problem?

3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92890 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:41 pm »

Well, we just need POWAH and exotic matter for the FTL problem. What with warp drive being theoretically possible AND practical.

Hey, that interferometric space-warp experiment... Has that happened yet?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92891 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03:39 pm »

Re: politics thread - keep it in that thread, guys.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92892 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »

Well, we just need POWAH and exotic matter for the FTL problem. What with warp drive being theoretically possible AND practical.

Hey, that interferometric space-warp experiment... Has that happened yet?
I haven't seen anything, but I'm holding out hope.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92893 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:08 pm »

more relevant image for my previous post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: also, I've accepted that in all likelihood, if we do explore out of our system, it'll be via generation ships or, if possible, cryostasis.

A friend of mine pointed out a flaw with generation ships that I never thought of before. By the time the ship reached it destination, or at least by the time the colony was able to send people back for trading, the colonists would have diverged evolutionary so much that they might not be recognizable as human. Humans evolved to live on a rotating planet with gravitation acceleration equal to 9.81 m/s/s downwards at sea level, and gradually decreasing as altitude increases. We did not evolve to live on a spaceship, potentially with artificial gravity that would not imitate Earth's gravity well, but probably with near-zero gravity, flying though space, not rotating. Just those differences alone would create some distinct adaptations in the people on the generation ships.

And then there's the fact that they will inevitably be horribly inbred, unless occupants are carefully selected to ensure that the gene pool is as diverse as possible. But, that would cause other problems, namely the fact that the occupants' life partners and future families are being picked for them, instead of by them. People tend to not like that.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92894 on: November 01, 2012, 10:20:16 pm »

well, I had a conversation with my friend about the warp drive.

to alter space-time, you can just use gravity. this means that if you could find some way of producing higgs bosons, you could do one part of the bending space-time.

if you then use dark energy to bend space-time the other way, if it works like that, you could, potentially, get a warp drive.

but there's probably something shitting on my theory.

Do you have any idea how fucking cool your post sounds if you read it out loud?

Also, this is a bit... NSFW? My LF told me today that I have, 'A firm ass.' Then she was like, "Can I feel it?" It was a strange day. This is one of many things she said today that messed with me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6191 6192 [6193] 6194 6195 ... 13312