Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6576 6577 [6578] 6579 6580 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374664 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98655 on: February 03, 2013, 11:38:22 pm »

Just got back from a superbowl party. I've already confessed my insecurities in relationships with others here but not with that circle of friends, so when out of the blue when somebody asked me to come to the party it was pretty nice. A lot of people I have not seen in a while reached out to me.

Still have no idea why Beyonce was preforming in a giant goblet though
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98656 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »

My happy is that I got a lock on my bedroom door, finally. >_>

At least three times, as-far-as-I-know, "someone" has gone into my room and, a) stolen my credit card and used it for 30 bucks, and -tried- to use it for another 200 more but it was over the limit and got rejected, b) tried to bust in to my lock-box, and c) gone through my stuff and found my stash. :U

And those are just the ones I know about.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98657 on: February 03, 2013, 11:52:28 pm »

I would be glad if I had doors.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98658 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

My happy is that I got a lock on my bedroom door, finally. >_>

At least three times, as-far-as-I-know, "someone" has gone into my room and, a) stolen my credit card and used it for 30 bucks, and -tried- to use it for another 200 more but it was over the limit and got rejected, b) tried to bust in to my lock-box, and c) gone through my stuff and found my stash. :U

And those are just the ones I know about.
Do you live in a thieves guild's den or a ninja lair?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98659 on: February 03, 2013, 11:54:53 pm »

Thieves guild don't steal from their own members and if it were ninjas he wouldn't notice any chance.
No, clearly Descan lives on a pirate ship.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98660 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »

Pirates don't have stashes, they share their smut.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98661 on: February 03, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »

He probably lives in the meetup place of a kleptomaniac support group.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98662 on: February 03, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

Pirates don't have stashes, they share their smut.
Exactly why they felt so justified in raiding his collection.
Head canon is now that Descan lives on a very well dressed and manly pirate ship.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98663 on: February 04, 2013, 12:12:27 am »

Well, okay. Why well-dressed though?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98664 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35:22 am »

Because that would be much better than a slovenly pirate ship. If one is going to dream, one may as well dream big.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98665 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:34 am »

I had an idea for a scifi short story.  A couple, actually.  I'd put them in the writer's apprenticeship thread but no one reads that.  Any insight?  I don't really have specific stories in mind, just the image.

1.  A future interstellar society dominated by a collection of sapient races who were all genetically engineered by a race of precursor aliens.  Humans are the only sapient species to have truly evolved, and as a result are seen as ultraviolent savages by the other aliens.  The Earth is destroyed or uninhabitable, and nomad humans have taken to their new role as brutes, serving as mercenaries to the aliens who, due to their unique upbringings, are both physically and mentally unequipped for combat.  Kind of a subversion of the whole "humans are average" trope.  Maybe a pulp-style story about a human mercenary?

2.  Kind of the same thing, in a few ways.  Society on Earth has collapsed and the planet is a safari zone for wealthy aliens, for whom humans are the most deadly and challenging game to hunt.  They're cunning little bastards, you'd almost think they were intelligent in their own way.  This could go either way, possibly the typical gotcha twist ending where you don't realize humans are the prey until the end, or possibly a story about a human being hunted.  Hmmm...

Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98666 on: February 04, 2013, 01:13:05 am »

The first... I'd almost swear I've seen that before. Possibly more than once.

Fairly sure the second's been done, too, actually (the gotcha' twist specifically rings bells), but variations on a motif are cool, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98667 on: February 04, 2013, 01:14:07 am »

1.  A future interstellar society dominated by a collection of sapient races who were all genetically engineered by a race of precursor aliens.  Humans are the only sapient species to have truly evolved, and as a result are seen as ultraviolent savages by the other aliens.
It's been done (kind of). 

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98668 on: February 04, 2013, 01:17:50 am »

Uuuugh!  That's basically exactly what I was thinking in a lot of ways.
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98669 on: February 04, 2013, 01:55:34 am »

FF6 D&D setup stuff. Dividing up magic systems among the possible sources of magical power in the setting. Having an Esper heritage, growing up in Thamasa, and having a Magitek infusion all now have very distinct mechanical feels to them, which pleases me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6576 6577 [6578] 6579 6580 ... 13310