Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6590 6591 [6592] 6593 6594 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14655230 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98865 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:03 am »

Reminds me that I need to get back to work on my Swedish. I'm attempting to create a list of one hundred and fifty most useful verbs to learn...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98866 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:06 am »

Neat idea for a project, sadly my programming skills still date from an era where we used line numbers.  :-[
Just relearn a new language! O_o
How do you re-learn something new??  :P

Nah, I tried at one point to learn C++, but it was just too foreign to wrap my brain around. I cut my teeth on stuff like BASIC and LOGO. I'll leave that sort of thing to a younger generation whose brains are still spongy and absorbent. Mine is ossifying...I'm lucky to retain what's in there now, much less learn new things.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98867 on: February 07, 2013, 10:41:36 am »

Relearning a new language is easy! Just gotta do this... hmm.. *tinkers in RedKing's brain* I don't think you need this language called "English", just swap it for ... *deletes* *overwrites* There, C++ installed. On the downside, you can't speak English anymore.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98868 on: February 07, 2013, 11:17:05 am »

I won't have any school for slightly over a week! Woo! Also, I got to sit in a car that spinned around wildly. It's used by the road police to promote wearing a seatbelt. I bet they just get in theirselves and spin around when they have nothing to do. Not because they are known for slacking off, but because it was fucking awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98869 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:09 am »

I'm growing a beard because some of the kids at my daughter's elementary school are taller than I am. WTF?
You should get a tall conical red hat as well, although that might cause someone to try and stick you in their garden.  :P
That is a very bad idea. My brother...I love him as one does a brother, but he is so paranoid that lawn gnomes are going to eat him in his sleep that he smashes them with a sledgehammer. Have I mentioned that my family is full of completely batshit insane people?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98870 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:35 am »

That would make for an awesome prank tough. When he's sleeping, put a few lawn gnomes next to his bed. And a video recorder. I'm not saying you should put it on the internet, but just to make sure you don't miss it :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #98871 on: February 07, 2013, 11:41:28 am »

le "rogue-like" où l'on mange des foetus en sniffant de la coke.'
Best thread title.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98872 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:39 am »

And a video recorder. I'm not saying you should put it on the internet
* Dutchling says you should put it on the internet

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98873 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:05 am »

Best thread title.
Let me guess, Cataclysm?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98874 on: February 07, 2013, 11:51:52 am »

Best thread title.
French makes some sentences so much better.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98875 on: February 07, 2013, 11:58:40 am »

Relearning a new language is easy! Just gotta do this... hmm.. *tinkers in RedKing's brain* I don't think you need this language called "English", just swap it for ... *deletes* *overwrites* There, C++ installed. On the downside, you can't speak English anymore.
char hey ("that tickles")
     if tickle=1 then call "giggle.h"

I'm growing a beard because some of the kids at my daughter's elementary school are taller than I am. WTF?
You should get a tall conical red hat as well, although that might cause someone to try and stick you in their garden.  :P
That is a very bad idea. My brother...I love him as one does a brother, but he is so paranoid that lawn gnomes are going to eat him in his sleep that he smashes them with a sledgehammer. Have I mentioned that my family is full of completely batshit insane people?

Oh....he's gonna LOVE this movie.  :D

EDIT:
Spoiler: D'AWWWWW Alert. (click to show/hide)

DOUBLE EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:47:00 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98876 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:55 pm »

I had an idea for a story.  I know I've said that before, but this time I had an idea for my story.  Something that actually means something.  My writing has ended up like my reading, there's no middle ground in it.  It must be completely absurd (One of the ideas I've been brainstorming is a screenplay for a catastrophically lame character drama about a family at Christmas dinner, but just when all the very manageable and mild conflicts have been resolved one of the characters becomes a wendigo and graphically murders everyone), or it must be very important.  I can't read or write something that's serious but isn't meaningful.

But my big issue is, what can I write about that's meaningful?  I couldn't think of anything important going on that I actually know about. 

And then it hit me!  The Disintegration of Doctor Klein, a novella, maybe a novel, maybe even a novelite, I'm only just outlining the skeleton right now.  Near future, maybe even the present, a scientist begins to incorporate cybernetics into his body.  Over the course of the story, he disintegrates.  His personality is subsumed by the technology so that by the end, the man called Doctor Klein is gone, and something completely different is inhabiting his body.  A whole commentary on the nature of the self, transhumanism, specifically the Ship of Theseus aspects of transhumanism, technology's relationship with man, all that shit.
Shoes...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98877 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:29 pm »

Fœtus !

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98878 on: February 07, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »

I had an idea for a story.  I know I've said that before, but this time I had an idea for my story.  Something that actually means something.  My writing has ended up like my reading, there's no middle ground in it.  It must be completely absurd (One of the ideas I've been brainstorming is a screenplay for a catastrophically lame character drama about a family at Christmas dinner, but just when all the very manageable and mild conflicts have been resolved one of the characters becomes a wendigo and graphically murders everyone), or it must be very important.  I can't read or write something that's serious but isn't meaningful.

But my big issue is, what can I write about that's meaningful?  I couldn't think of anything important going on that I actually know about. 

And then it hit me!  The Disintegration of Doctor Klein, a novella, maybe a novel, maybe even a novelite, I'm only just outlining the skeleton right now.  Near future, maybe even the present, a scientist begins to incorporate cybernetics into his body.  Over the course of the story, he disintegrates.  His personality is subsumed by the technology so that by the end, the man called Doctor Klein is gone, and something completely different is inhabiting his body.  A whole commentary on the nature of the self, transhumanism, specifically the Ship of Theseus aspects of transhumanism, technology's relationship with man, all that shit.
Both of these ideas are amazing.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98879 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »

I may get to model something architecturally fun for my game modeling class.  I have two options in mind at this point:
Spoiler: East gate at Taj Majal (click to show/hide)

I may go with the East gate, more modular and also not dilapidated to hell and back like the Victory gate is.
Pages: 1 ... 6590 6591 [6592] 6593 6594 ... 13312