Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6621 6622 [6623] 6624 6625 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14372871 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99330 on: February 15, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »

Another step in the long march toward the day when I can finally have heat vision.
Didn't we have these things a long time ago.

Ok fair, it had 256 pixel resolution, was black and white, and required you to carry a 10 kg computer all the time, but it worked.

And then there was the prof with the cybernetic eye being attacked at Mc Donalds some time ago.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99331 on: February 15, 2013, 04:09:47 pm »

Another step in the long march toward the day when I can finally have heat vision.

Ok fair, it had 256 pixel resolution, was black and white, and required you to carry a 10 kg computer all the time, but it worked.

And then there was the prof with the cybernetic eye being attacked at Mc Donalds some time ago.
I think those were simply laboratory prototypes. Checking the article, it looks like the system (or something similar, at least) is now available to the public...or at least, to anyone who can fork over $150,000. It's actually a pretty big step forward.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99332 on: February 15, 2013, 04:33:36 pm »

Was he attacked by this guy?

Spoiler: Large-ish image (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99333 on: February 15, 2013, 04:42:35 pm »

He didn't have a cybernetic eye, he only had a video camera glasses things that recorded everything that went on around him.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99334 on: February 15, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »

Oh, and just a note. Humans do posses the ability to see near infrared light. You just need a specific filter to block out the other wavelengths.

Another note, apparently(or so I heard), Near infrared light passes through certain fabrics.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99335 on: February 15, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »

Oh, and just a note. Humans do posses the ability to see near infrared light. You just need a specific filter to block out the other wavelengths.

Another note, apparently(or so I heard), Near infrared light passes through certain fabrics.

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of voyeurs go around with infrared camera's taking pictures of girls in their bikini's because of this.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99336 on: February 15, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »

My life was happier before I learned that little tidbit ><
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99337 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of voyeurs go around with infrared camera's taking pictures of girls in their bikini's because of this.

Ohhhh. Do want :P.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99339 on: February 15, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »

I don't own a car, nor do I have a car licence. I have never had to pay for fuel, look for parking, worry about rego, go for repairs, be the designated driver, the list goes on! And because I ride a bike everywhere I am fit as fuck. And if it is too far to ride, I take a train, so when everybody else arrives tired and annoyed after a long car ride, I am refreshed and ready after a train nap.
Just felt good about that right now...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99340 on: February 15, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »

I don't own a car, nor do I have a car licence. I have never had to pay for fuel, look for parking, worry about rego, go for repairs, be the designated driver, the list goes on! And because I ride a bike everywhere I am fit as fuck. And if it is too far to ride, I take a train, so when everybody else arrives tired and annoyed after a long car ride, I am refreshed and ready after a train nap.
Just felt good about that right now...

Hee hee, I enjoy being car-less as well.  Although I don't bike either, I'm just an pedestrian.  I'm also anti-social, so I don't generally need to go farther than my feet can take me.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99342 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:12 pm »

The Cain Train makes an unexpected return journey.
Had to check to see that this was not a piece by The Onion.
That guy was the best politician I've seen in recent years.
By best I mean most batshit crazy yet somehow legitimate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99343 on: February 15, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

Australia recently got a new political party for its most right wing nut jobs. Finally we too can laugh at their stupidity. Seriously, they have been endorsed by *Cough* Lord *Cough* Monkton. Thank god for the Hamster Wheel.

But really
To promote harmony, freedom and tolerance among Australians; specifically we oppose multiculturalism
Source: Their policy page.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #99344 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »

$10 says they're from Queensland.

*checks site*

Oh, I lose $10 for once...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6621 6622 [6623] 6624 6625 ... 13310