Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6625 6626 [6627] 6628 6629 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373083 times)

Zephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FORUM_LURKER]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99390 on: February 17, 2013, 11:18:29 am »

how have i not noticed this thread before? this is my first time posting in it! i'm only over 6000 pages late  ;)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99391 on: February 17, 2013, 11:38:04 am »

More likely, one day this thread will cause a stack overflow error and destroy the forum.

On the old forum software, it would have already broken everything.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99392 on: February 17, 2013, 11:49:56 am »

Will Happy Thread ever be rebooted?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99393 on: February 17, 2013, 12:07:47 pm »

This thread comprises 1/40th of the entire forum. Mamma mia.
Of course it does, we need to have a thread longer then the homestuck one for obvious reasons. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #99394 on: February 17, 2013, 12:12:23 pm »

I guess that means everyone's happy in Bay12 or they don't really talk about sad/terrified/WTF feelings?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99395 on: February 17, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »

Well, a lot of this thread is pretty mindless non-discussion posts (as opposed to much of the rage/sad thread topics). That probably contributes to it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99396 on: February 17, 2013, 12:27:08 pm »

This has sort of been the catch-all thread for the random links and things that don't really merit a thread of their own, and which would otherwise be derailing something else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #99397 on: February 17, 2013, 12:29:14 pm »

It's also the oldest thread like this I'm sure. As far as I know at least. I guess the environment in here being a bit less about worrying if you should really be posting in here or not (I see a lot of posts in those threads about people guessing or second guessing their posts, which is just weird) so it also collects a lot of posts for that reason I'm sure.

Will Happy Thread ever be rebooted?

I actually can't imagine this topic would outright need a reboot. Unless it did get so big things caused errors on the forum.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #99398 on: February 17, 2013, 12:52:27 pm »

Well, in a lot of places, there's a 100-page (by forum default) limit on threads, and when the first one hits that they kill it and start a new one. Not quite sure why, but that would put this into the hundredth or so generation.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99399 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:46 pm »

Well, in a lot of places, there's a 100-page (by forum default) limit on threads, and when the first one hits that they kill it and start a new one. Not quite sure why, but that would put this into the hundredth or so generation.

The only place I've seen that is GameFAQs which uses a custom forum software as unique as it is loathesome.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #99400 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

The Bethsoft forums used to use a 200 post limit. IIRC it was due to older software breaking much past that, so they put the limit in place and never bothered removing it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #99401 on: February 17, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »

I actually can't imagine this topic would outright need a reboot. Unless it did get so big things caused errors on the forum.
But reboots are all the rage these days. We could redo the origin story, show the Happy thread as a plucky young child who just wants to make everyone's days better while always getting picked on by the Rage thread, played by Hugh Jackman.

We could even release it in 3D this time.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99402 on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »

The only place I've seen that is GameFAQs which uses a custom forum software as unique as it is loathesome.
I think the MSPA forums does it, so there's that. :/
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99403 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:35 pm »

This thread is basically the General Discussion area of the General Discussion board.

... yeah
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99404 on: February 17, 2013, 01:55:39 pm »

Then how can it get derailed?
Pages: 1 ... 6625 6626 [6627] 6628 6629 ... 13310