Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6642 6643 [6644] 6645 6646 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550594 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99645 on: February 21, 2013, 10:12:43 am »

What FD said, but have it hidden by magic/a mirage.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99646 on: February 21, 2013, 10:22:16 am »

Random Vector out of nowhere!

Also, flan. I like flan.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99647 on: February 21, 2013, 11:05:03 am »

Anyone know any desert mysteries that could use some revealing?
An ancient mummies tomb full of little puzzles and gold? But beware, for the old pharoh still walks his halls, and if he sees you he will curse you to live forever with horrible warts all over your face!
A ruined city, toppled by its own magic and buried beneath the sands for centuries? Preserved archives, treasuries, and possibly an infestation of tribbles.
Good suggestions! I think I can make something fun with a hieroglyph puzzle, a sunken pyramid, a mummy she has to avoid... Tribbles should be fun, too. That'll teach her that something like a cuteness overdose does exist.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99648 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:51 am »

Doesn't even have to be a buried Egyptian civilization. Perhaps they discover the top of a tall, rounded tower, a window they can crawl through, descending into the depths of a long-abandoned palace, buried but still holding up under the sand. Home not to a Sultan, but a powerful creatre (djinni?) who once ruled over these lands thousands of years ago. A palace is the perfect size for an adventure, after all.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99649 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:59 am »

Yeah, the palace is a good idea. So many desert adventures end up in pyramids. ;.;

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99650 on: February 21, 2013, 11:20:58 am »

And Pyramids are kind of boring. What with the having on hallway, and two rooms.

You could also have a buried labyrinth or other sort of maze, or perhaps the sands clear to reveal an ancient PLACE FROM THE FUTURE.

I like that one, myself - Phantasy Star ho! :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99651 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:06 am »

Pull a Homeworld and have the heroine find a massive, decaying starship at the center of the buried city, with a functional hyperspace core and Guidestone showing the way back to her peoples' real home planet, currently occupied by an evil empire of evil.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99652 on: February 21, 2013, 11:27:59 am »

And Pyramids are kind of boring. What with the having on hallway, and two rooms.

You could also have a buried labyrinth or other sort of maze, or perhaps the sands clear to reveal an ancient PLACE FROM THE FUTURE.

She's 4, dearies. As much as I like the enthousiasm, and I'd like to have an buried city full of Efreeti and Djinns, undead and ancient Egyptian gods, complete with political factions, ripe with strife and magic, even the concepts of "pyramid" and "mummy" are already new to her. For now I'll have some historical and physical accuracy, to keep the educational aspect of it all above a certain level. :)

Edit: Oh, Sphinx. A sphinx needs to be in there as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99653 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34:19 am »

Anyone know any desert mysteries that could use some revealing?
An ancient mummies tomb full of little puzzles and gold? But beware, for the old pharoh still walks his halls, and if he sees you he will curse you to live forever with horrible warts all over your face!
A ruined city, toppled by its own magic and buried beneath the sands for centuries? Preserved archives, treasuries, and possibly an infestation of tribbles.
Good suggestions! I think I can make something fun with a hieroglyph puzzle, a sunken pyramid, a mummy she has to avoid... Tribbles should be fun, too. That'll teach her that something like a cuteness overdose does exist.
Dude! Why haven't I thought of this? That's freaking brilliant! My munchkin-in-training will love it! What format do you use?

So today I realized I had never before actually run my most recent version of my erosion simulation under release mode (for non-programmers, it basically turns off all the handy bugfixing features which are enabled in debug mode; and thus slow it down). Turns out doing that takes it from 65 FPS to 155FPS. Which actually makes it a practical speed for running more simulations simultaneously, as it gives me much more wiggle-room in the framerates. :D
Have you talked to Skyrunner about this?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99654 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:29 am »

She's 4, dearies. As much as I like the enthousiasm, and I'd like to have an buried city full of Efreeti and Djinns, undead and ancient Egyptian gods, complete with political factions, ripe with strife and magic, even the concepts of "pyramid" and "mummy" are already new to her. For now I'll have some historical and physical accuracy, to keep the educational aspect of it all above a certain level. :)

This is the point in life where you must ask yourself an important question: "Am I trying to raise a child or a mastermind?"  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99655 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:25 am »

This is the point in life where you must ask yourself an important question: "Am I trying to raise a child or a mastermind?"  :P
That's a question? Always mastermind.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99656 on: February 21, 2013, 11:53:07 am »

That's a question? Always mastermind.
+1
See my sig for how I feel about that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99657 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:40 am »

Dude! Why haven't I thought of this? That's freaking brilliant! My munchkin-in-training will love it! What format do you use?
Storytelling with interactive moments, and expanding on certain details. So I started with a red-riding hood-ripoff. There's a girl named X (whatever your munchkins name is, same name enormously helps identification) who lives on the edge of a village with her parents. Her grandmother is very sick, and she is going to bring her a basket of food. What food should she take, what is healthy food? etc. Then, on the way, the bridge is broken, some planks are missing. How do we solve that? Okay, so where do we get new planks? At the Butcher? The Baker? The Carpenter? Okay, she's nailing down the boards with a... hammer. Right. *insert some pretending to nail the boards down physical movement sequence here where she has to hit your hand as hard as possible while still maintaining aim*

Along the way she encountered a wall with a calculating puzzle, needed to make a rope from plants (one string of plant is weak, but many together is what makes a rope strong), to get over the mountains, and down the mountain she had decided to use a self-made sled (she made that up herself). It's hard to predict what is too hard for her, or exactly right, but you can always help along by making the main character move forward of her own accord.

More later :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99658 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:28 pm »

We had to use geogebra at school today.

I AM THE KING OF THE REGULAR POLYGONS! FEAR THE 800-SIDED REGULAR POLYGON OF DOOM!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99659 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »

@Siquo: Sounds pretty cool. I could see my 6-year old loving something like that. She plays the hell out of educational Flash games.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6642 6643 [6644] 6645 6646 ... 13312