Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6643 6644 [6645] 6646 6647 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549047 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99660 on: February 21, 2013, 12:48:08 pm »

This is the point in life where you must ask yourself an important question: "Am I trying to raise a child or a mastermind?"  :P
Psh.
THIS
IS
BAY12

Of course we're raising megalomaniac masterminds.

Right now she's on a quest to become a princess. The king and queen lack a heir(ess), and have thus proclaimed that anyone who proves worthy can become a princess. So she's now traveling the country, fixing problems of the local inhabitants. Princessness needs to be earned, you don't get that shit for free ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99661 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »

This is the point in life where you must ask yourself an important question: "Am I trying to raise a child or a mastermind?"  :P
Psh.
THIS
IS
BAY12

Of course we're raising megalomaniac masterminds.

Right now she's on a quest to become a princess. The king and queen lack a heir(ess), and have thus proclaimed that anyone who proves worthy can become a princess. So she's now traveling the country, fixing problems of the local inhabitants. Princessness needs to be earned, you don't get that shit for free ;)
Meritocratic monarchy is the way to go.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99662 on: February 21, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »

Then they pop out an heir, and go "Sorry, we got our heir. Go bother someone else."

LIFE ISN'T FAIR, DEAL WIT IT.

[note, don't actually do this?]
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99663 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:41 pm »

I AM THE KING OF THE REGULAR POLYGONS! FEAR THE 800-SIDED REGULAR POLYGON OF DOOM!

I claim this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99664 on: February 21, 2013, 02:15:57 pm »

I AM THE KING OF THE REGULAR POLYGONS! FEAR THE 800-SIDED REGULAR POLYGON OF DOOM!

I claim this.

There can be only one!
Highlander VII: The Polygoning

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99665 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:36 pm »

monster hunter 3U demoooooo

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99666 on: February 21, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

I was kind avoiding my roommates hallmates, whom I never met, without any good reasons (I didn't know them D:). When suddenly someone knocks at the door:

"Come with us!"
"..."
"We have beer! :D"
"...okay"

Now I am wondering why I was avoiding these guys.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:39:53 pm by Dutchling »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99667 on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

I was kind avoiding my roommates, whom I never met, without any good reasons (I didn't know them D:). When suddenly someone knocks at the door:

"Come with us!"
"..."
"...okay"

Presumably because you were not aware that they had beer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99668 on: February 21, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »

I was kind avoiding my roommates, whom I never met, without any good reasons (I didn't know them D:). When suddenly someone knocks at the door:

"Come with us!"
"..."
"...okay"

A friend is just a stranger with beer.

...that actually seems profound.  ???

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99669 on: February 21, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »

Survived the trip to the grocery store, only got honked at once, and only took one wrong turn! Huzzah!

Now to sit and munch on stuff until the anxiety drains away. Gods alive but I hate driving. But survived! Huzzah!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99670 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:03 pm »

How can you hate driving?! :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99671 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »

She's 4, dearies. As much as I like the enthousiasm, and I'd like to have an buried city full of Efreeti and Djinns, undead and ancient Egyptian gods, complete with political factions, ripe with strife and magic, even the concepts of "pyramid" and "mummy" are already new to her. For now I'll have some historical and physical accuracy, to keep the educational aspect of it all above a certain level.
My experience with 4 year olds and telling stories has lead me to believe genies and palaces are more interesting than mummies and pyramids (you get to play the wishes game!). And Arabian deserts are just hands down cooler than Egyptian ones, no matter your age! :P
(If they have seen the movie Aladdin, they even get the benefit of having passing familiarity. Though I don't know if that's a normal thing for 4 year olds to have seen, the one's I've dealt with haven't yet)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:57:36 pm by GlyphGryph »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99672 on: February 21, 2013, 04:52:15 pm »

Ton+ pile of metal being propelled by explosions that you are only nominally in control of and one unseen mechanical failure from committing manslaughter with. Vehicles are one of the deadliest things we encounter with any regularity and driving them makes me goddamn nervous as hell. It's like juggling loaded revolvers without a safety on 'em or something. In the middle of a preschool. And occasionally one of the revolvers just lights on fucking fire and explodes.

I'm not the sort of monster that could enjoy doing something like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99673 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

She's 4, dearies. As much as I like the enthousiasm, and I'd like to have an buried city full of Efreeti and Djinns, undead and ancient Egyptian gods, complete with political factions, ripe with strife and magic, even the concepts of "pyramid" and "mummy" are already new to her. For now I'll have some historical and physical accuracy, to keep the educational aspect of it all above a certain level.
My experience with 4 year olds and telling stories has lead me to believe genies and palaces are more interesting than mummies and pyramids (you get to play the wishes game!). And Arabian deserts are just hands down cooler than Egyptian ones, no matter your age! :P
(If they have seen the movie Aladdin, they even get the benefit of having passing familiarity. Though I don't know if that's a normal thing for 4 year olds to have seen, the one's I've dealt with haven't yet)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99674 on: February 21, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »

Ton+ pile of metal being propelled by explosions that you are only nominally in control of and one unseen mechanical failure from committing manslaughter with. Vehicles are one of the deadliest things we encounter with any regularity and driving them makes me goddamn nervous as hell. It's like juggling loaded revolvers without a safety on 'em or something. In the middle of a preschool. And occasionally one of the revolvers just lights on fucking fire and explodes.

I'm not the sort of monster that could enjoy doing something like that.
That's only if you do it badly. I actually enjoy driving, as long as there's not too much traffic to deal with. Open highway driving out in the Midwest is kind of a form of meditation, because the roads are so straight and the horizon so distant that it takes very little of the normal driving vigilance (although hell, I zone out driving home half the time...it's a somewhat uncomfortable realization when you get somewhere and realize you have no real memory of actually piloting the vehicle).

Pages: 1 ... 6643 6644 [6645] 6646 6647 ... 13312