Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6657 6658 [6659] 6660 6661 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14682179 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99870 on: February 23, 2013, 07:21:53 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/uk-police-issue-witness-statement-character-peaches-dog-203049574.html

You know the prosecutors are unreasonable when their own police give them this.

Though I have often heard jokes about demanding a police dog testify, none of them have ever been serious requests/demands.... :)
Met police are the best ^_^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99871 on: February 23, 2013, 07:37:27 pm »

I am officially 18 in GMT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99872 on: February 23, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

My condolences.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99873 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:24 pm »

I got sigged again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99874 on: February 23, 2013, 08:02:06 pm »

http://gizmodo.com/5985618/incredible-images-of-the-new-massive-tunnels-hollowing-new-york-city

So many awesome pictures *.*

As it turns out, Metro 2033 was actually set under New York, not Moscow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99875 on: February 23, 2013, 08:03:12 pm »

I am officially 18 in GMT!

Now in GMT -1! Only 7 more hours to go!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99876 on: February 23, 2013, 08:21:47 pm »

This is the ruleset for a role-playing game I'm going to be joining.  Oh, yes.  Yeeeeeeeees.  I'm going to be playing an insane mathematician.
Oh, man, I love Genius. I've never been able to play a game of it, but I find it much more interesting than the official World of Darkness material. I should look over it again, because my memory of it is so murky I can't even ask which kind of mad science mad mathematics is because I don't remember the terminology for the divisions. I just remember being really enthused when I skimmed the text.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99877 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »

I went into the green room to run lines with some people. We had a bit of trouble starting off, and someone said to start from the beginning.

Another said "In the beginning..."

To which I proceeded to recount the history of the universe, from several current theories about the big bang, through to abiogenesis and the evolution of man. Then through human history and the basis for Alice in Wonderland.

It was great, considering that apart from two of us they were all middle to highschoolers and that I held them all in rapt attention throughout a thirty minute lecture. They told me I should be a teacher.

Apparently I also managed to teach them all more about evolution than any of their teachers had been willing to. I like feeling like I have done some good.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99878 on: February 23, 2013, 08:47:09 pm »

Haha, playing Dust 514 (a PS3 exclusive) with a keyboard & mouse.

It's almost unfair to these people! If I weren't pretty bad at these games, I'd be completely dominating.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99879 on: February 23, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »

I went into the green room to run lines with some people. We had a bit of trouble starting off, and someone said to start from the beginning.

To which I proceeded to recount the history of the universe, from several current theories about the big bang, through to abiogenesis and the evolution of man. Then through human history and the basis for Alice in Wonderland.

You haven't watched airplane by any chance have you?

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99880 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »

You haven't watched airplane by any chance have you?

I have not. All I know is that Leslie Nielsen is in it and that it involves an airplane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99881 on: February 23, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »

Well there's a part where a guy asks another guy for a status report, saying "Tell me everything that's happened till now"

And the reply is "Well, first the earth cooled, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat and became oil. Then the arabs came and bought mercedes benzes."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #99882 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »

Good movie, that was.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #99883 on: February 23, 2013, 09:45:29 pm »

I've written the first eight (handwritten) pages of my novel today! I'm currently working on an uncomfortable confrontation between a couple of the characters. Man, I love writing dialogue for this one chick...soft sensual creepy. It's fantastic.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99884 on: February 23, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »

I'd like to postulate a distinctly American (Though I've seen a few Brits and Australians with it too) mental illness.  I call it the King of the Hill Complex.  Basically, people with this illness see the entire world like it's some kind of distorted King of the Hill episode:  You're either a hard-working, God-fearing country man, or you're a smarmy liberal atheist from California or New York.  There's also the weedy hippie, but he's inconsequential.  My dad has this.  Literally every single time we meet someone, as we're leaving he asks me if I thought they seemed stuck-up.

To find one, look for people talking about the latest dumb thing Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden said, and deriving a strange satisfaction from the fact that someone they don't like said something they disagree with.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:22:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 6657 6658 [6659] 6660 6661 ... 13312