Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6669 6670 [6671] 6672 6673 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382834 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100050 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:33 pm »

For Hoi3, I think you should check the demo first. I prefer the 2, but it's still quite complex, so better check if you like it.

The others introversion, Darwinia, Defcon are good too (but a bit special). Though I don't know what the subversion thing is doing here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100051 on: February 25, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

I typed my e-mail address wrong (.ca instead of .com) when I bought it. :/

Hopefully I can get that fixed. :U
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100052 on: February 25, 2013, 06:43:38 pm »

Woah, the Subversion city creator is in there?
SOLD.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100053 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:19 pm »

yesterday i've posted in the sad thread about an exam for which i haven't studied and i've ended up acing the bloody thing anyway

what's wrong with this educational system, i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work this way

i'm happy regardless

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100055 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

woah IndieGala combined Interoversion and others bundle? damn

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #100056 on: February 25, 2013, 07:07:13 pm »

I'm just personally surprised that 7.62mm is in there. If I ever knew a game that needed more exposure it was that one. Shame it's so glitchy and tends to corrupt one of it's own files.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100057 on: February 25, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »

Okay, cool.  Any opinions on the other things?  I'm caught between buying it now (+stuff) or hoping to catch a steam sale later.
Oh wow... errr, let's see.

Well you've already gotten a thumbs up on Uplink, I'll add that it's pretty interesting though it can get pretty dull once you've been through everything the game has to offer.

Darwinia was graphically pleasing and interesting, but otherwise I thought it was slightly bland in terms of gameplay, still quite fun for a playthrough if you get it cheap though.

Multiwinia... eh, it was honestly considered by most to be a bit disappointing as a multiplayer game, the controls are sort of awkward, and I generally felt it was a bit of a sub-par strategy game.

Defcon is a game that I think you'll like considering you like Settlers of Catan and Mafia, it has a similar sort of political maneuvering thing going on where you try to play your opponents off of each other. It is a multiplayer only thing though, and something that I could play with perfect strangers just fine.

The King Arthur series is essentially all about Total War style of battles where you command troops around the battlefield, this was not something that really appealed to me, especially since they took away the grand strategy part of it that was basically all I played Total War for, you might like it if the whole troop command thing is something that appeals to you, but I suspect that even in that case it might be a little hit and miss.

Hearts of Iron... Well I like Paradox's grand strategy games, though they're really not for everyone, I never really got into the HoI series, and I'm told that HoI3 was actually not the best one in the series. It's also really damn complex game and one that's hard to get a handle on, you may find yourself very frustrated with it if you play it, but some people really love it for it's complexity. That said, if you want to get into the grand strategy genre, Hearts of Iron may not be the best place to start... maybe with Crusader Kings 2 or something?

Err I can't really say much about most of the rest, Galactic Civilizations is basically Civilizations in space... and hmmm, I've never heard of this Fibrillation before, but it seems to have very low production values, I think since some of the floors and walls and such look familiar that they might be using free 3D art assets (which would speak badly about not having made their own), I've never tried it, it might surprise me, but I think from the impression I got just from the trailer that it's a game that's trying hard to be artsy, but falling flat.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:15:01 pm by Pnx »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100058 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »

Hmmm... okay, thanks, y'all.  I have GalCiv I/II and Fibrillation already (didn't actually play the latter, just got it as part of some random bundle), so I'll think about it.  GalCiv II is, for the record, absolutely fantastic.

Oh, and I have a spare Adventures of Shuggy key from a different bundle, should anyone be interested.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100059 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:25 pm »

Hmmm, I'd take it, it looks kinda interesting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100060 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »

Okie-doke.  Check your PMs =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100061 on: February 25, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »

GalCiv II is, for the record, absolutely fantastic.
Just to make sure everybody understands the degree to which this claim is incredibly true, I have to link this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100062 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »

Just to make sure everybody understands the degree to which this claim is incredibly true, I have to link this.
Now inb4 the horde of inexplicable die-hard haters of all things GalCiv.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100063 on: February 25, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »

Now inb4 the horde of inexplicable die-hard haters of all things GalCiv.

I LURVE GalCivII! I'm not very good at it, though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100064 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

Man i rock at Gal Civ2, economy for the WIN
Pages: 1 ... 6669 6670 [6671] 6672 6673 ... 13310