Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6670 6671 [6672] 6673 6674 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376310 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100065 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:30 pm »

I honestly barely remember what it was like, I have a boxed copy around here somewhere that I could probably dig up if people felt like playing it (and didn't mind playing with a complete rookie). Though all I really remember about the game was that the ship builder was great for building really pretty ships, but meshed horribly with the rest of the game.

EDIT: Oh goodness me, and I just remembered upon finding the game the reason why I didn't play it very much, no mulitplayer.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:47:43 pm by Pnx »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100066 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:11 pm »

I spent months designing a custom race with custom ships for every contingency.
So worth it
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100067 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »

We won final round 250-70.  FOURTH YEAR UNDEFEATED YEAH!!!
It was getting a bit worrying in the beginning.  The other team got the question about the Vivaldi guy right, along with a question about molar mass and Nero, but after that we totally decimated them.  Still wondering how the hell they got the question about which of the four X's in the 4X genre of games the Daleks were known for.  Our whole team is either a fan of Civilization, Doctor Who, or both, so Spock would of been proud of how hard our face met our palm.  Academic Team is awesome. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100068 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »

We call that knowledge bowl over here, and it was like:

Guy on opposite team: "Anyone here watch Doctor Who?"

(everyone nods)

Me: "Anyone read Homestuck?"

(General confusion)

Me: "Yeah, exactly."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100069 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:09 pm »

We call that knowledge bowl over here, and it was like:

Guy on opposite team: "Anyone here watch Doctor Who?"

(everyone nods)

Me: "Anyone read Homestuck?"

(General confusion)

Me: "Yeah, exactly."
Our problem is that only a few people on any of the other teams in the region are actually nerds/geeks.  On our team we have practice twice a week, and half of that practice is normally getting completely off track and talking about completely random stuff, like the differences between a railgun and a coilgun, or what laws Thurgood Marshall passed, which in turn engraves the differences in our brain.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100070 on: February 25, 2013, 10:28:30 pm »

I have acquired a Pioneer stereo amplifier and equalizer, speakers, and a working turntable.  My record collection is as yet a paltry set of Greatest Hits albums, but I am officially on the way to becoming a music snob.

And I'll admit, there is a certain majesty to this device.  I find it interesting that records don't always have printing dates on them or their covers, but given that one of them is the thoroughly worn soundtrack to a movie from 1964 I'm going to say this record is nearly fifty years old.  Still sounds great.  Find me an 8-track cassette from the mid sixties that sounds like anything but static.  Find me a CD more than fifteen years old that a drive will still recognize.  I'll be curious to see how well our new generation of solid-state storage mechanisms hold up to the test of time, but if they're anything like magnetic tape I'll have my doubts.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100071 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »

Find me a CD more than fifteen years old that a drive will still recognize.

I'll have to test this out.  I know I've had one at one point.  My dad had one of the very first cd release of Dark Side of the Moon.  That disk was as old as I was when I sort of confiscated it at 14 years old, and it was still flawless 4 years later, when I began to shift away from the use of discs.  It even survived several cracked cases without suffering a scratch or developing a single skip.

Vinyl is pretty neat, though.  I expect that someday if life is ever less insane, that I'll take the time and effort to collect a few.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #100072 on: February 25, 2013, 11:01:46 pm »

I was never a fan of the variety of 'academic' bowl lightningfalcon described, what with all the media trivia and whatnot. I rocked hard at Knowledge Bowl, though. I spent hours and hours studying just for it, odd as it sounds. I captained the state champion team the last two years, though I've graduated now. Kinda wish my college had anything like it.

I might have actually met you in person before, Putnam. Your mark on the old Bay12 member map was in a town that my high school regularly played against. Were you at Regionals/State either of the past two years?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100073 on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:48 pm »

I was never a fan of the variety of 'academic' bowl lightningfalcon described, what with all the media trivia and whatnot. I rocked hard at Knowledge Bowl, though. I spent hours and hours studying just for it, odd as it sounds. I captained the state champion team the last two years, though I've graduated now. Kinda wish my college had anything like it.

I might have actually met you in person before, Putnam. Your mark on the old Bay12 member map was in a town that my high school regularly played against. Were you at Regionals/State either of the past two years?

Regionals, maybe. Church in Tri-cities?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #100074 on: February 25, 2013, 11:22:39 pm »

The past three years it's been at Whitworth University in Spokane for me. State was at Central Valley HS in Spokane two years ago, and last year was at Spokane (Falls?) Community College. Looks like there's a Regional meet in Kennewick this year. So it looks like I was in a different region, but I know that I must have played you folks at some point during the regular season. (Inland Empire Academic League.) I'll PM you.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100075 on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

I hate the media questions too.  Except for the ones about video games.  Thankfully most questions are still about history/science/math/reallyoldpopculture.   The fact that no one on our team follows sports hurts us a little bit. 
College's don't have academic/knowledge teams?  I think I might accidentally fail a class or two...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #100076 on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:00 pm »

I'll have to test this out.  I know I've had one at one point.
For what it's worth, I do have Warcraft 3 CDs laying around that are still usable. Scratched to hell, but I installed off one last year. So a decade old CD, which is... pretty close to 15 years old (okay, five years off but still!). Insofar as I'm aware, a CD is a CD is a CD so long as it's not melted or whatever. Don't think the format's changed enough to be incompatible... yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100077 on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:25 pm »

We don't have media questions in knowledge bowl. It's mostly history and poetry, with some science and the occasional music theory. I would absolutely love more music theory and science questions, hehe.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100078 on: February 25, 2013, 11:48:28 pm »

I'll have to test this out.  I know I've had one at one point.
For what it's worth, I do have Warcraft 3 CDs laying around that are still usable. Scratched to hell, but I installed off one last year. So a decade old CD, which is... pretty close to 15 years old (okay, five years off but still!). Insofar as I'm aware, a CD is a CD is a CD so long as it's not melted or whatever. Don't think the format's changed enough to be incompatible... yet.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the format, I meant their propensity to get scratched up and rendered unusable.  Especially CDs kept in a car, for obvious reasons.  After all, a scratched up record will still play, but one bad scratch on a CD and the drive doesn't even want to admit it exists.

Not that I actually give a shit, I just find it interesting.  I know I've got CDs from the 90s that stopped working years ago.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100079 on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:01 pm »

Having fun with GlyphGryph and Bluejello in Wesnoth.
Pages: 1 ... 6670 6671 [6672] 6673 6674 ... 13310