Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6939 6940 [6941] 6942 6943 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14617963 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104101 on: April 22, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »

That Baritone... holy carp. Also, I didn't realize Tay Zonday was still doing stuff. Just caught his cover of the Misty Mountain Song from the Hobbit Movie. Even with General MIDI accompaniment, his voice is incredible.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104102 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:56 pm »

Holy carp indeed. Hearing this guys' stuff... I hope he gets contracted for a lot of stuff.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104103 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:07 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H96-TwrwY7M

Call me Maybe
The dudes are sexier than the ladies.

I'm not usually into burly guys, but damn...
As a totally straight guy, I agree to both statements, and I have deep and confusing feelings about it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104104 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »

Call me Maybe
I love this.

Me too.
If I could see the original video, I'd like to see how well they managed that. Seems to me like the Army isn't supposed to exactly be geared towards choreography, ya? :P

Funny as hell, though. :D
I always thought the Army (and probably other armed forces, come to think of it) would be good at choreography. They've gotta do all that synchronized marching, saluting, twirling those old-fashioned rifles around, stuff like that for parades and inspections. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of Broadway dancers were veterans.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104105 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »

Call me Maybe

As a totally straight guy, I agree to both statements, and I have deep and confusing feelings about it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104106 on: April 22, 2013, 05:50:40 pm »

Call me Maybe

Da fuq?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104107 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53:40 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104108 on: April 22, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »

Manged to get some shaving cream today. Having it after not having it makes me far more ecstatic than one should ever be over shaving cream.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104109 on: April 22, 2013, 08:25:27 pm »

Alright, for all the people that were kind and nice to me for my endless whining in the sad thread, I'm going to have to render it all retroactively obsolete.

Through some miracle, a true miracle, I managed to text Deli Girl again, got a reply and a date going at the very last second. I met up at her place to watch some movies, and holy shit does this wind up just being just the greatest night. Within minutes we're laughing and joking with eachother, we're just talking and getting to know eachother. We wind up cuddling on the couch, and by the time I'm ready to leave, she keeps me held at the door for maybe a solid five minutes and we're just kissing and holding eachother like we've been doing this forever.

I never in a million years woulda thought things would turn out that good. I just don't know how luck like this exists, and if not luck, I wouldn't think I'd have this ability hidden inside of me for all this time.

So yeah, happy.

dude

this isn't luck

quit not-blaming yourself for everything not-bad that happens

and the inverse of that, too

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104110 on: April 22, 2013, 08:53:13 pm »

Alright, for all the people that were kind and nice to me for my endless whining in the sad thread, I'm going to have to render it all retroactively obsolete.
Through some miracle, a true miracle, I managed to text Deli Girl again, got a reply and a date going at the very last second. I met up at her place to watch some movies, and holy shit does this wind up just being just the greatest night. Within minutes we're laughing and joking with eachother, we're just talking and getting to know eachother. We wind up cuddling on the couch, and by the time I'm ready to leave, she keeps me held at the door for maybe a solid five minutes and we're just kissing and holding eachother like we've been doing this forever.
I never in a million years woulda thought things would turn out that good. I just don't know how luck like this exists, and if not luck, I wouldn't think I'd have this ability hidden inside of me for all this time.
So yeah, happy.
It looks like your protag flags have triggered.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104111 on: April 22, 2013, 11:00:00 pm »

I had a really weird dream that transitioned into a cool idea for a game, but totally out of even my most pipedreamy considerations for actually doing.

I dreamed that I was playing a videogame.  I was some schmuck, overweight, bald, in a white t-shirt, coerced into driving a car full of organs for someone who turned out to be a necromancer.  Then I was a Guild Wars 2 Elementalist fighting the necromancer with a team.  He was almost dead and I somehow got separated from the group, but it was okay because I used earthquake and was about to finish him off with churning earth (a knockdown, then build up for massive damage while he's down).  Something happened, I don't remember what.  I fell off a cliff and he leashed back to my party with full health.  While I was making my way back I got distracted, the leader of my team showed up and got really mad, because I let my team down and also the necromancer was immune to knockdown (nuh uh!)  We got into an argument and I woke up.

Most of that description is superfluous but writing down your dreams improves dream recall.

The important part is that beginning.

The video game idea:  Grand Theft Auto in a modern-fantasy world.  So all the normal GTA stuff; gritty, third-person, free roam, but with magic, vampires, werewolves, monsters, etc thrown in, all secret a la Vampire the Masquerade.  Your character starts out oblivious but slowly gets drawn in, first as an associate and eventually as an actual member of this secret society.  I was thinking some RPG elements, you pick what kind of magic thing you want to be (mage, necromancer, werewolf, vampire, whatever) with skill and magic trees and such.  If you commit crimes you get wanted stars like normal, and the cops come after you.  Doing magic shit with public witnesses gets you pentagrams instead, and whoever's in charge of keeping the magic shit secret starts coming after you instead.  Maybe you can lower your wanted level by killing witnesses.

This idea is so sweet I can't believe it hasn't been done.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104112 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »

So, uh. Along the lines of a shadowrun video game? Just more hidden society-y/GTA-y.

Fairly sure they're working on a couple, if the older ones (SNES/Gen era) doesn't suit your tastes. Though perhaps not to that particular style.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104113 on: April 22, 2013, 11:07:40 pm »

Without the hidden society/GTA it's not really even the same thing.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104114 on: April 22, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »

I'd like a GTA-style game that starts off "normal", with all the gangland glorification, only to suddenly and immediately go Spec Ops: The Line on you. The game goes on an increasing downward spiral until the main character becomes utterly psychopathic and commits a murder-suicide on the main love interest via immolation while on a drug trip. The end.

I should not be allowed to write video game scripts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 6939 6940 [6941] 6942 6943 ... 13312