Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6941 6942 [6943] 6944 6945 ... 13308

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14321222 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104130 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:49 am »

I want to play as a mushroom that can't jump desperately trying to outrun a crazy plumber. I think it is a great metaphor for life.  :(

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104131 on: April 23, 2013, 06:37:01 am »

So apparently there's going to be an Ant Man movie before the next Avengers. Ant Man is a cool dude I think, also Guardians of the galaxy before that, and a new Thor movie which seems slightly confusing but awesome nonethelss. Also another Capitain America one which hopefully is more interesting than the first one.

Hot damn it's going to be an interesting two years in regards to comic book movies.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104132 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:46 am »

Installing a new OS. It's fucking scary.

I hope I backed up everything...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104133 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:16 am »

I stumbled across a rather good metaphor while free-associating over breakfast today.

Relationships are cake, and sex is frosting. Now, you can eat a spoonful of frosting and it will taste good, but no matter how good it tastes you'll end up in a bad place if you just keep shoveling it down. That's why people spread frosting on cakes. Of course, if you have a really delectable cake, maybe one with layers, you don't need much frosting. Even if the frosting tastes sort of nasty it's okay, as long as the cake is really superb. But it's even better if the cake and frosting are good, right? If you have a bad cake, though, a nasty one or a bland one, you usually cope by piling on the frosting and hoping that adds some flavor. What's really terrible, though, is if you're eating a cake and think it tastes really good, and then the person you're eating it with leans over to whisper in your ear, "Sorry, it's really just a mound of frosting. I didn't want to have any cake with you." At this point you start feeling dizzy and nauseous, mostly because you've just realized that you've eaten a pound of frosting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104134 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:43 am »

As opposed to my relationships, where there's usually an unfrosted cake and then the person leans over and says the thing I've been eating never existed >_> <_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104135 on: April 23, 2013, 11:03:27 am »

I generally enjoy cake but detest frosting, so that explains the nature of my relationships.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104136 on: April 23, 2013, 11:07:06 am »

And cake without frosting to most people is a little bland, but to a select number it's delicous!

Some people just don't like cake or frosting at all.

Some prefer pie, some with crust on top and others just on the bottom.

Some like to have frosting on all their deserts, or at least whip cream.

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD METAPHOR!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104137 on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:28 am »

Hah. Remember my post about grabbing Ubuntu a few pages back? Turns out my laptop, in all of its wimpy processing power, has even less muscle through it than through Windows 7. I was hanging just trying to open the system properties tab. Oh well, back to Seven for me. Are you doing a full reformat, or a partition/dualboot?
Reformat, from a 5-yr old install of XP to 7, but most of my actual stuff is on a different disc than the OS ssd. It worked! Yay! Now reinstalling all of the usual crud...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104138 on: April 23, 2013, 11:09:24 am »

Uh, is it bad that I enjoy lots and lots of different flavors of frosting from a bunch of different cakes but never actually eat any cake? Because I was doing that for a long time. ;;>_______>

As for my latest cake, well..it's «☼CAKE☼» decorated with lots and lots of ‼«☼FROSTING☼»‼. It's burning with passion. *wink wink*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104139 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:36 am »

What is this "cake" and "frosting" you all speak of? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #104140 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:o

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104141 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:51 am »

I stumbled across a rather good metaphor while free-associating over breakfast today.

Relationships are cake, and sex is frosting. Now, you can eat a spoonful of frosting and it will taste good, but no matter how good it tastes you'll end up in a bad place if you just keep shoveling it down. That's why people spread frosting on cakes. Of course, if you have a really delectable cake, maybe one with layers, you don't need much frosting. Even if the frosting tastes sort of nasty it's okay, as long as the cake is really superb. But it's even better if the cake and frosting are good, right? If you have a bad cake, though, a nasty one or a bland one, you usually cope by piling on the frosting and hoping that adds some flavor. What's really terrible, though, is if you're eating a cake and think it tastes really good, and then the person you're eating it with leans over to whisper in your ear, "Sorry, it's really just a mound of frosting. I didn't want to have any cake with you." At this point you start feeling dizzy and nauseous, mostly because you've just realized that you've eaten a pound of frosting.

This is fucking brilliant. o.o Dear god, this is a great metaphor for all my relationships.

First one? The cake was good at first, and the frosting was great, then the cake went bad and apparently I ate all the frosting at some point, then someone stole my cake.
Second one? All frosting... On a... Pie of friendship? It's confusing.
Third one? All frosting. Like, a pound of frosting, as in the final example. :x
Fourth one? A very confusing, rather revolting cake with a extremely thin sheen of bad frosting. :x
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104142 on: April 23, 2013, 11:17:25 am »

As opposed to my relationships, where there's usually an unfrosted cake and then the person leans over and says the thing I've been eating never existed >_> <_<
Applying memetic reference in 3... 2... 1...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104143 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

Wait.. this gives that Portal meme a whole new meaning!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104144 on: April 23, 2013, 11:24:51 am »

Wait.. this gives that Portal meme a whole new meaning!
o_o

* MaximumZero cancels post: Head Asplode.

What about Vector's avatar? The frosting on that cake looks delicious. ;)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6941 6942 [6943] 6944 6945 ... 13308